Author Topic: Disney Vs Georgia  (Read 7421 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Disney Vs Georgia
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2016, 06:22:38 PM »
BINGO!

Yes , well this one is pretty clear and easy.

I marvel at the complication piled on top.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2016, 06:39:40 PM »
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/san-francisco-mayor-bars-city-workers%e2%80%99-travel-to-north-carolina-over-transgender-bathroom-law/ar-BBqXY4h?li=BBnb7Kz

NC too.

San Francisco city workers , we will miss you.

Because you know These eastern beaches used to be thick with San Francisco city managers on holiday.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2016, 06:50:14 PM »
BINGO!

Yes , well this one is pretty clear and easy.

I marvel at the complication piled on top.

It's semantics combined with political correctness.  Of course no one is being forced to participate, but if one is being prevented from not particpating, well.....that's completely different, because...well...because you should want to participate, because if you don't, you are obviously an intolerant bigot, and we're going to punish you for not wanting to participate....because we're the party of tolerance

It's really that upside down
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2016, 11:28:48 PM »
Not sure this is only about marraige. The law maybe vague enough to prevent large businesses from working there. Local suppliers may boycott Disney because of this law. Remember Disney has been threaten before so memory may be fresh enough for them to react like this. The right to refuse service will get any business to doubt staying in a local. Can Georgia be trusted now

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2016, 11:59:53 PM »
Do you want no right to refuse?

Business may be important , but business owners are a small part of the population, it is no trick to rob a minority of rights with the approval of the majority.

Then what right should be safe?

What the minority looses , the majority can't be smug about , the precedent is set and the first amendment has a hole in it that will sink it.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2016, 12:31:54 AM »
Exactly
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2016, 02:37:28 AM »
The right to refuse still exist but to refuse certain groups is the tricky part. Religion was used to refuse before and that is something we don't really need to relive again.

I did state this laws may be vague enough to be more problematic

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2016, 08:49:15 AM »
No.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/10/01/oregon-bakery-owners-refuse-to-pay-damages-in-gay-wedding-cake-case.html

This law is not nearly vague enough!

If you refuse to participate , you loose your store , pay a fortune , and loose your right to speak in public.

If I were homosexual would I really have to support the repeal of the first amendment on my opponents?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2016, 09:08:51 AM »
  Disney is about to need to stop filming in Georgia , so that their promise to take political sides will be kept.

Disney is also about to need to stop filming in California because soon the mini-wage there will be $15 per hour.

I have little sympathy for the Disney leadership, they are bringing this onto themselves.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2016, 11:37:19 AM »
They are probably right about their decision being the best for their profits.

Here in FL, the minimum for even a local TV ad shoot was $100 for the day (any FRACTION of a day) ten years ago. I hardly think the CA minimum wage will prevent them from filming there
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2016, 01:12:13 PM »
But would this law allow a pharmacy to deny life saving meds for religious reasons.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2016, 01:45:45 PM »

But would this law allow a pharmacy to deny life saving meds for religious reasons.

It would deny BC pills and products  to women with valid prescriptions

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2016, 03:13:11 PM »
The assholes in Oregon that refused to bake the cake are simply assholes. The premise that all cakes a bakery bakes must be eaten only by those who share the same "religious" beliefs as the bakers is simply idiotic. Perhaps assholes have the right to be assholes: but to call their engaging in assholery a religious belief is just stupid.

They got $50K from other assholes who share their beliefs. That surprises me.

I do not feel sorry for assholes engaging in assholery and calling it "faith". 

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2016, 03:26:02 PM »
Bc pills are used for other things and can be life saving.  I think one pharmatist made a judgement call and denied it. Not believing it was this use.

Some will say just goto another pharmacy. But from my experie nce that not exactly doable . My insurance is very specific where i can get my meds. Also timing can be an issue. I had trouble with my parents heart meds . I think walgreens is famous for being late

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2016, 07:39:07 PM »
Walgreens is a pin in the ass. I live about two blocks from a Walgreens. Typically, I drop a prescription off at 2:00 PM,they tell me it will be ready by 5:00, I go at 7:00 and there are 10 people in line and all the clerks are answering phones and ignoring us.  If I call on the phone, they do not pick up, or say "please hold" and then hang up. They tell me that a drug is not covered when I know it is,

That's why, unless it is an emergency, I sent the Rx off to the care provider's mail order service.