Author Topic: Tackling Five Modern Myths Created by Liberals  (Read 2551 times)

Rich

Re: Tackling Five Modern Myths Created by Liberals
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2008, 03:25:27 PM »
See, you have no idea what you're talking about Mike. You're uniformed and don't even give a damn. you just repeat the template. the people who made the allegation admitted it never happened. Jeeezzz ... and you've been repeating that nonsense for nearly eight years.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2008, 05:32:33 PM »
<<See, you have no idea what you're talking about Mike. You're uniformed and don't even give a damn. >>

Sure I give a damn.  I invited you to show me where it was "proven" that no blacks were kept from voting and you failed to do so. 

<<you just repeat the template. >>

Yeah, but sourced to the Vanity Fair article that outlined the charges and the evidence.  Which is more than you ever did in support of your thesis.

<<the people who made the allegation admitted it never happened.>>

Vanity Fair published a retraction?  I don't believe that.  When?

Rich

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2008, 09:47:25 PM »
Why in the world should I waste my time trying to confince you of anything? I remember it. I was here. You're up there. I'm sure lots of folks in here remember Black groups having to admit after the fact that nobody ever stopped them from voting. It's simply a fact.

Read something other than Communist web sites for a change.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2008, 09:51:27 PM »
<<See, you have no idea what you're talking about Mike. You're uniformed and don't even give a damn. >>

Sure I give a damn.  I invited you to show me where it was "proven" that no blacks were kept from voting and you failed to do so. 

I also assert the same thing , no person has ever come forward with a realistic complaint, in an environment in which a book deal on such a subject would net a million and a suit against the guilty agency would be political dinamite usefull to a very welthy party organisation , I consider the total lack of court case or persons woth standing tro complain as proof that this alligation was entirely imaginary.

Asking for further proof is like asking for proof that there is no Sasquatch .
« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 09:55:27 PM by Plane »

Rich

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2008, 09:52:24 PM »
Election year 2000: A million black voters disenfranchised?

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=39936--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: August 12, 2004
1:00 am Eastern

By Larry Elder
? 2008 Laurence A. Elder

Tell me again: Which of the presidential candidates calls himself a "uniter" and not a "divider"?

"Don't tell us that the strongest democracy on earth," said Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry in a recent speech for the NAACP, "that a million disenfranchised African-Americans and the most tainted election in American history is the best that we can do. Don't tell us that we already see the purging taking place down in Florida. Don't tell us we don't have a right to expect an election in the United States that sets an example of democracy to the world. We can do better, and we will." A million disenfranchised African-Americans?

Really?

Peter Kirsanow, an attorney and black Republican, sits on the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights. Kirsanow joined the commission after they completed their investigation of the allegations of voter fraud, manipulation or deliberate suppression of the vote in Florida.

Larry Elder: Peter, John Kerry said a million black voters were disenfranchised. I assume he means all over the country, not just in Florida, in the year 2000. Is that true?

Peter Kirsanow: No, absolutely not. This kind of rhetoric has been trafficked in for the last going-on-four years now by a number of individuals. It's kind of surprising that a presidential candidate would actually do the same. But, as you may recall, before the polls were even closed in Florida during the 2000 election, activists had descended upon the state and already were proclaiming that voters were being disenfranchised, harassed, intimidated.

In fact, some people were saying that dogs and hoses were being used on black voters and that tens of thousands were either being obstructed from going to the polls or otherwise harassed. There was a six-month investigation by the U.S. Civil Rights Commission ... also an investigation by the Civil Rights Division of the Justice Department ... There was absolutely no truth to any of those allegations ... not one person who was intimidated ... [or] had their vote stolen. There was no disenfranchisement ... no truth to any of those allegations.

Elder: Kerry continues to say this. Nobody seemed to call him on it ... or challenge him. It's just unbelievable.

Kirsanow: It's one thing when you have kind of fringe individuals, people on the far left or far right ... but when you have the person with whom we hope to invest the highest degree of authority and credibility saying those kinds of things, it's disturbing ... The problem here is that, from the very beginning, a number of myths flowed from the 2000 election.

People who are in a position of authority and responsibility, who should be dispelling those myths, fan the flames even more ... It just so happened that Florida's vote was so close, and the electoral vote so crucial to the outcome of the election, that it provided anyone who wanted to try to suggest that the outcome was somehow tainted with a remarkable opportunity to engage in partisanship.

Elder: Isn't it insulting and condescending? You are making a lie in order to get people to embrace your point of view and to have hostility toward the Republican Party based on a falsehood.

Kirsanow: The same kinds of statements are said to black audiences before every election cycle ... When I say "same," I mean distortions, falsehoods or myths that suggest one party is out to get you, or one party is out to discriminate against you. There are always these ads before an election cycle that a vote for a certain party is a vote for another person being lynched, or another black church being burned ...

For the last 15-20 years, I can remember before every election cycle, hearing that, well, the Voting Rights Act is about to expire and blacks won't be able to vote ... These things can get a kind of saliency because it was only 20 to 30 years ago that blacks were subject to poll taxes, literacy tests and other overt and appalling abridgements of voting rights ... for partisan advantage, there are some who seek to perpetuate that myth hoping that will energize the base.

John Fund, a Wall Street Journal columnist and author of "Stealing Elections," a new book on election fraud, agrees with Kirsanow. How did Kerry come up with 1 million? Fund says the million number came from a national extrapolation of the 57,000 Floridians who ? according to the August 2001 report of the Commission on Civil Rights (which used some statistical extrapolations, hypothetical scenarios, and so on) ? were denied the right to vote. The commission didn't repeat that number in their final April 2003 report, instead conceding that "it is impossible to determine the extent of the disenfranchisement."

So is John Kerry intentionally misleading the public? "I think," said Fund, "he's creating an alternate conceptualization of reality."

Oh.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2008, 10:05:14 PM »
Election year 2000: A million black voters disenfranchised?

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=39936--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good one Ritch , I was about to look for something like this , but I don't feel like I will find better.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2008, 12:34:19 AM »
<<I also assert the same thing , no person has ever come forward with a realistic complaint, in an environment in which a book deal on such a subject would net a million and a suit against the guilty agency would be political dinamite usefull to a very welthy party organisation , I consider the total lack of court case or persons woth standing tro complain as proof that this alligation was entirely imaginary.>>

That is just not true.  I referred to an article in print that I had read in Vanity Fair magazine, Lanya took the trouble to track down the on-line version of the article and it was posted by her in this newsgroup.  The article was very clear and contained many examples of people coming forward with realistic complaints of an orchestrated attempt to intimidate black voters en route to the polls and also of the private Republican-owned corporation hired to "purge" felons from the voter registration rolls, which operated in a discriminatory fashion to weed blacks out of the rolls.  For example, when "mistakes" were made, the "mistakes" took legitimate voters off the rolls, but relatively few "mistakes" were made with white or Hispanic voters.

You are not going to get away with this kind of bullshit, plane.  You can't say no one came forward with complaints when Lanya took the trouble to post an article here that had numerous instances of exactly those complaints that you now claim were never made.  That's pure BS.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2008, 12:40:32 AM »
<<Why in the world should I waste my time trying to confince you of anything? I remember it. I was here. You're up there. I'm sure lots of folks in here remember Black groups having to admit after the fact that nobody ever stopped them from voting. It's simply a fact.>>

Sure there are some black groups who were never stopped from voting.  I didn't claim that every single black was prevented from voting.  Thousands were intimidated as the Vanity Fair article alleged, and they were enough (combined with the "mistakes" made by a Republican-owned private corporation hired by the Jeb Bush administration to purge the voter rolls) to tip the balance of the election to Bush.

<<Read something other than Communist web sites for a change.>>

I guess any web-site that prints details of the election theft, including Vanity Fair, is a "Communist web site."  What a crock.  When you have no facts at all to support your bullshit, resort to name-calling.  "They're Communists."  That is laughable.  Communists WANTED Bush to win - - they knew he would fuck up the country worse than they ever could, and they were right.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2008, 12:44:59 AM »
<<Good one Ritch , I was about to look for something like this , but I don't feel like I will find better.>>

Sure, why deal in detail with the findings of three professional investigative reporters in a reputable mainstream magazine when you can find a black Republican Uncle Tom who will just deny the whole thing for you without even bothering to go into specifics.  As just one example of their lying bullshit, look at his allegation that "some people" were saying that fire hoses and dogs were used to keep black voters away from the polls.  That is such a crock - - there wasn't any such allegation in any account of the stolen election that I've ever read, certainly not in the most exhaustive investigation of the fraud that I've ever seen, which is the Vanity Fair article.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2008, 12:48:32 AM »
<<I also assert the same thing , no person has ever come forward with a realistic complaint, in an environment in which a book deal on such a subject would net a million and a suit against the guilty agency would be political dinamite usefull to a very welthy party organisation , I consider the total lack of court case or persons woth standing tro complain as proof that this alligation was entirely imaginary.>>

That is just not true.  I referred to an article in print that I had read in Vanity Fair magazine, Lanya took the trouble to track down the on-line version of the article and it was posted by her in this newsgroup.  The article was very clear and contained many examples of people coming forward with realistic complaints of an orchestrated attempt to intimidate black voters en route to the polls and also of the private Republican-owned corporation hired to "purge" felons from the voter registration rolls, which operated in a discriminatory fashion to weed blacks out of the rolls.  For example, when "mistakes" were made, the "mistakes" took legitimate voters off the rolls, but relatively few "mistakes" were made with white or Hispanic voters.

You are not going to get away with this kind of bullshit, plane.  You can't say no one came forward with complaints when Lanya took the trouble to post an article here that had numerous instances of exactly those complaints that you now claim were never made.  That's pure BS.

There is some pure BS here alright.
Takeing a good case of this sort to court would make the political and financhial fortune of anyone who cared to do it, there is no one who is even trying.

What better proof of the absense of reality could be offered? There is a HUGE bounty being offered to some one who would be the face of this complaint , it would indebt the whole Dem party to a lawyer who pushed the case forward.

There are probly fifty Sasquach for each or the people you are speaking of , but you are demanding proof that they do not exist after the proof that they do exist is no more than they were spoken of.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2008, 01:29:27 AM »
You keep moving the goal-posts, plane.  First "no one" came forward.  I point to a magazine article where "some one" has very definitely come forward.  Now it's "no one came forward in court."  If someone came forward in court, it'd be "No one won a court case." etc.

People have come forward - - that they don't bring a case in court is only because they have, with excellent reason, lost faith in the Supreme Court and are smart enough to know that any case they start will end in the Supreme Court.  Bin there.  Done that.

That Vanity Fair article named names, plane.  Using your logic, the failure of the names that were named as thieves of the election to sue for defamation, despite all the lawyers that would get rich from it must be proof of the truth of the Vanity Fair article.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2008, 01:43:24 AM »
You keep moving the goal-posts, plane.  First "no one" came forward.  I point to a magazine article where "some one" has very definitely come forward.  Now it's "no one came forward in court."  If someone came forward in court, it'd be "No one won a court case." etc.

People have come forward - - that they don't bring a case in court is only because they have, with excellent reason, lost faith in the Supreme Court and are smart enough to know that any case they start will end in the Supreme Court.  Bin there.  Done that.

That Vanity Fair article named names, plane.  Using your logic, the failure of the names that were named as thieves of the election to sue for defamation, despite all the lawyers that would get rich from it must be proof of the truth of the Vanity Fair article.

I have NOT moved the goal post.

Anyone can talk , I never said that this accusation was never mouthed or printed or bloggted.

No body is picking up the pot of gold that is sitting unclaimed for whoever will take this to court, didn't I mention this early?.

There really is no there ,there.

In my country Defamation suits doesn't make anyone rich , when Ariel  Sharon won a defamation case he came away empty handed , it was amazeing he won at all ,the standard of evidence on a slander or Defamation case is rediculous for a public figure , all he took was the credability away from the reporting agency( all he wanted  ).

But if you can prove you were stripped of a civil right you can retire on it , with all of your freinds.

No ,I don't think Vanity Fair is infallible , but I hear that Bill Clinton has a high opinion of it.

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/06/01/bill-clinton-fights-back-against-brutal-vanity-fair-article/

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2008, 01:51:58 AM »

<<In my country Defamation suits doesn't make anyone rich . . . >>

http://www.ibls.com/internet_law_news_portal_view.aspx?s=latestnews&id=1874

It took me all of 30 seconds to find an award of $11.3 million for defamation in a Broward County (Florida) court.  But maybe Broward County seceded to Cuba when I wasn't looking.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2008, 02:13:56 AM »

<<In my country Defamation suits doesn't make anyone rich . . . >>

It took me all of 30 seconds to find an award of $11.3 million for defamation in a Broward County (Florida) court.  But maybe Broward County seceded to Cuba when I wasn't looking.

Hey that is diffrent , I wonder if she will collect.

I had heard often that defamation was hard to persue , but this one looks like it worked .

Will Bill Clinton sue Vanity Fair?

But the origional point is that there is money in it on the side of the people who can bring forth a realistic complaint , they can get this by proveing it in court .

Failing to prove it in court they can make the money on the movie.

BTW the makers of the movie have admitted that they fictionalised a bit.
But even in the movie they didn't claim that a million voters were turned away.

We are talking about imaginary events that harmed imaginary people who invested with a slight amount of reality and evidence would become wealthy.

I actually agree with Vanity Fair that Bill Clinton is a Shnook , but they didn't really prove it , they don't need to.

How long will it take for me to find a Vanity Fair Article that you won't accept as true?

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2008, 08:11:13 AM »

It's not hard to win your case when the defendant, in this case Carey Bock of Mandeville, La, was flooded out of her house during Katrina, relocated, and never received the court papers (so she didn't show up for court). The court papers were returned to Sue Scheff's attorney.

Besides, you found one of the largest awards for defamation in history. That is not a normal award.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)