Author Topic: BT & Plane (and H when he looks in from time to time)  (Read 10961 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
BT & Plane (and H when he looks in from time to time)
« on: October 30, 2012, 06:17:36 PM »
Can't help but believe that I'm the source of H's frustration and level of fatigue.  I realize I can be ... assertive in making a point, especially when the point is validated by the lack of responding. 

Here's another sports analogy.  If the dodgers and Giants are playing a series, and everytime they do one person just trashes the Dodgers, and says not a word about the Giants, it's a safe assumption they're a Giants fan.  It may not be true, but its a safe assumption, until clarity is provided later on.  If one is but a neutral bystander, one would expect to see some criticisms of both the Giants and the Dodgers.  But when trashing the Dodgers, while going out of their way to defend all actions of the Giants.......well, to then claim how they're being erroneously portrayed as a Giants' fan is just so........you get my drift

Perhaps H just really hates Republicans that much, which is perfectly valid feeling to have.  I'm pretty fed up with Republicans as well, cowtowing to the notion that it's ok to grow Government, just not as fast as perhaps Liberal Democrats would want.  Bush II was a perfect example of this.  If not for the tax cuts he got thru, that saved us from a massive economic collapse, and his leadership with the war on Islamic terrorists following 911, he really was not a good president, in so many ways.  Far too much placating increased domestic spending, increasing the size and scope of Government, allowing Freddie & Fannie to get completely out of control when then did lead to the housing crash (though that was more a Congressional catastrophe vs Executive)

It's a disappointment fo see H leave, after providing some substantive fodder.  Perhaps he found it increasingly too difficult to defend positions that were increasing indefensible...the Bushco lying us into war, the "non-political" move of the Seal Team 6 documentary, etc.  It's easy to use folks like myself as making it just too much a strain to back up their positions.  Nor does it help when Bt enables it, by focusing on terms like Bush vs Bushco or Partsian. 

If you 2 find I'm too big a distraction for the saloon, just give me a heads-up, and I'll bow out without regret.  Just don't belittle my contributions as being some form of "demands" or other irrelvent tangents.  I've tried very hard to be fair, objective, and you'll note, rarely dropping to the level of just calling other people 3rd grade names. 

Ball's in your court
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: BT & Plane (and H when he looks in from time to time)
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 07:07:29 PM »
Rofl that didn't take long. I figured as much.

"...the "non-political" move of the Seal Team 6 documentary..."

I made 3 replies to the Seal Team Six thread, numbers 3, 4 and 7. In none of them did I say the date of release was non-political, nor did I even infer it. See what I mean about reading things that aren't there?

As far as the State Department security budget, maybe Sirs could look and see what those billions the State Department is sitting on is allocated for, what specific projects. I don't know, could be for projects at any of the embassies and consulates anywhere around the world that those funds are already pledged to, and re-allocating them from one project to another requires Congressional approval. I do get tired of doing all their research for them.

I'm not a Giants fan, nor a Dodgers fan. My intent was to put out the full story on some of the claims I'd seen, rather than the bits and pieces spun to favor one candidate or show the other in a bad light. There seems to be a distinct lack of that from anyone else in here.

Life isn't always black and white. There are all sorts of shades of gray in between. You would do well to remember that about politics, and political candidates, as well.
"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2012, 07:12:15 PM »
Do as you please Sir!

But in my opinion that has got to be the most pathetic whingey-assed post i have read in  the 10 long years this site has been open.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2012, 07:35:44 PM »
"...the "non-political" move of the Seal Team 6 documentary..."

I made 3 replies to the Seal Team Six thread, numbers 3, 4 and 7. In none of them did I say the date of release was non-political, nor did I even infer it. See what I mean about reading things that aren't there?

See what I mean regarding the point of the move being political or not, as in claimed by those behind the film.  You immediately referenced something that would indeed be political by portraying some Carter documentary.  THAT WAS THE POINT, that the move of the Seal Team 6 to before the election, was indeed a political one.  When that was highlighted as the point, that's when your responses disappeared, especially when trying to debunk the notion that the folks behind the move were claiming it wasn't political

If you agreed that the move was poltical, there was no need to even respond, outside of yes, it was

As far as the State Department security budget, maybe Sirs could look and see what those billions the State Department is sitting on is allocated for, what specific projects.

They were for Security and related needs, vs Chevy Volts.  And even after the Volts were purchased, there was still billions the State Dept was sitting on.  WHO DENIED THE REQUESTS FOR ADDED SECURITY?

I don't know, could be for projects at any of the embassies and consulates anywhere around the world that those funds are already pledged to, and re-allocating them from one project to another requires Congressional approval.

Not when it's already budgeted to the State Dept.  It's there's to use as they see fit.  And some Consulates are going to be a higher priority than others.....here's a hint, one in Libya is going to be a priority over one in Austria.  Gads, this is a perfect example of trying to defend the indefensible

I'm not a Giants fan, nor a Dodgers fan. My intent was to put out the full story on some of the claims I'd seen, rather than the bits and pieces spun to favor one candidate or show the other in a bad light. There seems to be a distinct lack of that from anyone else in here.

And yet, you put forth story after story after story after story trashing "the Dodgers" while "defending the Giants".  But nooooo, you're not a Giants fan.  That's your defintion of being objective??

Life isn't always black and white. There are all sorts of shades of gray in between. You would do well to remember that about politics, and political candidates, as well.

I do, ALL THE TIME.  You actually think I'm some Romney coolaide drinker?  You think he's "my guy"?  He just happens to be the only one that can currently beat the one fella taking this country down into a Greece-like abyss.  Big difference, with a whole lots of gray, if you took the time to pay pay any attention
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2012, 07:46:28 PM »
But in my opinion that has got to be the most pathetic whingey-assed post i have read in  the 10 long years this site has been open.

Oh boo whoo H is leaving AGAIN.
I've known lots of quitters that couldn't deal with others.
But if SIRS is apologetic (didnt need to be)....BT's calls him a whiner.
Hammer the guy the didnt call anyone a "nitwit, a dumbass, an absolute moron, a sorry ass".
Hammer the guy that welcomes others.
Hammer the guy that says "We will miss you.... Your contributions are indeed appreciated"
But say nothing to the guy calling people a dumbass and a sorry ass!
 ::)
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2012, 07:49:13 PM »
Do as you please Sir!

Well, I guess I got my answer.  I appreciate the time I've enjoyed here, even as Bt moved towards the dark side.   ;)    I can actually pin-point exactly when that happened....the mosque debate.  When many a saloon patron had to help enlighten a minority of others that, disagreeing with the location of an Islamic mosque, so close to thousands murdered in the name of that religion, was simply inappropriate, even offensive, but NEVER against the law or Constitution.  Yet we were called bigots, Islamophobic, garbage like that.  Ever since then, there's been some thread of contempt, that has managed to filter into so many subsequent criticisms of my postings.  Occasionally they were valid, but the predominance was much like the criticism outlined here......referencing things someone supposedly meant to say vs what they actually said.  and we won't even delve into the grossly oversteping of suspending me for no just cause, what-so-ever

It's been fun, and hopefully this departure will allow a more.......moderate viewpoint to enter the fray.  Thanks Miss Kim, Miss De, Cu4, thanks Plane, thanks Xo, thanks RR, thanks BsB, thanks H, and thanks to so many others who have graced this saloon.   I've had a great ride, and yes, thanks Bt for your tireless effort to keep things running here.  That's been a fantastic achievement on your part.  Perhaps I'll pull an H, and occasionally look in on things, but I can see my time has come to an end here...for now.  Happy Halloween, and with God's blessings and the voice of the electorate, may the GOP be placed back in charge, and please get it right this time   

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2012, 07:53:58 PM »
No, that's bull shit, Sirs. You stay right where you are! I've "known" you for 12 years and you have never said an unkind or insluting word to anybody. Humpy will be back. He was backed into a corner and now he's venting.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2012, 08:24:46 PM »
No, that's bull shit, Sirs. You stay right where you are! I've "known" you for 12 years and you have never said an unkind or insluting word to anybody. Humpy will be back. He was backed into a corner and now he's venting.

No one is forcing Sirs to do anything he doesn't want to do. As Plane so succinctly said, this is a voluntary forum.

BSB

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2012, 08:26:07 PM »
Bye bye, and do let the door hit you on the ass on the way out.

BSB

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2012, 10:09:12 PM »
Such a great role model

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2012, 10:28:25 PM »
SIRS I would hope you will reconsider.
Mirstn Kim will be mad as hell!
She reads this board.
What "H" thinks doesn't matter.
Hell that guy has spent nothing here in the last year or two.
As usual he comes in acting the miserable human being he is,
curses at people, tries to bully, then plays the victim, and runs home to Mommy.
It's election week, you deserve to be here no matter what BT and the others claim.
If however you do leave for more than just a break....I have sent you a PM with
my personal e-mail address. Shoot me an e-mail. Would love to stay in touch,
maybe meet you and buy you a Starbucks or Margarita one of these times I am out in Cali.
and I could holla at you if I find a more robust message board.
This is getting ridiculous if you are being called names by the
mioderator after such an honest and conscientiousness attempt to set the
record straight with your real true feelings.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2012, 10:48:28 PM »
What name did i call sirs

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2012, 10:57:29 PM »
What name did i call sirs

It's easy to read between the lines. You demeaned his honest heart felt open to criticism post
with a mean spirited remark that had to cut him to the bone. It's hard to believe you would respond to such
a self-reflective open even self-blaming post with such a statement:
"the most pathetic whingey-assed post i have read in the 10 long years this site has been open"

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2012, 10:58:20 PM »
So i didn't call him a name.

What I thought.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2012, 11:00:08 PM »
So i didn't call him a name.

no you acted below your standards and ripped a guy for no good reason