Author Topic: California lost 9,000 business HQs & expansions, mostly to TX, 7year study shows  (Read 12170 times)

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
as a californian I can only confirm whats going on in this state alone. we get a continual influx of people to maintain the number for poverty so solving will not be possible. 100% employment will not acount for new comers. other states actually import these people here. would not be surprise texas is one of these sources. whats not often brought up is the programs to stop poverty. in san francisco alone the cost that goes to these programs could directly pay each of these people 20+k a year. it really is cheaper to give cash then the present system.  what im pointing out is juding by the amount of money spent thier is no reason for these anti-poverty programs to work .

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Jerry Brown is certainly doing a better job than Arnold did, or Gray Davis before him.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Which explains the mass exodus of middle to upper class citizens and the many business that have relocated out of state, supplanted by millions of poverty level legal & illegal immigrants, completely beholden to Government.  Yea, "fine" job
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 12:14:25 PM by sirs »
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Is Atlas shrugging in California?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
In median family income, California is 10th at $60,287

That is above the US average, which is $50,502

Texas is 25th, at $49,392

That is for 2014.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
In median family income, California is 10th at $60,287

That is above the US average, which is $50,502

Texas is 25th, at $49,392

That is for 2014.

Ok, lets accept these figures.

But does the cost of living in Texas and the taxes in Texas being much lower completely erase the advantage of a higher average wage in California?

Completely as a separate issue, to the likelihood of finding a job in Texas in the first place being easier than finding a job in California.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
It seems obvious that Texas has been trying to steal jobs from California, so what we are seeing is the propaganda. Of course, California does not have alternative job retaining propaganda. So this is nothing but a sales campaign. Meaningless advertising. Texas apparently does not feel it can create new jobs, so it prefers top loot other places.

Texas has low paying jobs and poor schools. They are unlikely to get better because the Texas School Textbook Selection Committee is against evolution, critical thinking and accurate history.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
No, what we are seeing are the results of a policies in place....one that rewards and incentivises, and one that punishes & regulates businesses to the point of moving out of state
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Lots of businesses require more regulation.

Drugstores should be required to reveal the prices of prescriptions over the phone.
Hospitals should have to reveal the prices of procedures and operations, rather than being able to claim that each and every case is so different that it costs more because of this, that and the other, which is what they do.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:

No they don't.  Some yes.  But to the point of being punitive and abusive, NO

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:

Drugstores should be required to reveal the prices of prescriptions over the phone.

I do not agree.

It is a good idea for a Drug Store to be polite and it is a good idea for a Drugstore to be open with pricing information.

But these kind of things would be lousy to enforce as regulations.

Would you like to be the federal enforcer of corporate use of "Please and thank you"?

There is already a set of regulations for the purpose of preventing Gas stations from colluding to set local prices, if they called each other and compared prices and agreed on a price in conference , they are in violation, but driving around a bit to see what the competition is doing, that, is legal.
 So how do you suppose this gets enforced?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
I noticed that the price of Diesel in my area ranged from $2.27 to $2.99.$22 But stations near one another all had the same (usually lower) price.
I always buy from the cheapest place, because most Diesel fuel is sold to truckers, who pay for it themselves, and buy 50 gallons or more at each fillup.
50 gallons at  $2.99.9 IS $149.95, while 50 gallons at $2.27.9 is $113.95. The difference is $36 bucks. So my guess is that the fuel at the most expensive station has been sitting around for quite some time, while the cheaper Diesel is most likely fresh. Water gets condensed in the underground tanks, by the way, so if you fill up while they are filling the tank (which stirs up all the water, rust and crud) you might end up with a clogged filter, or more water in your tank, which means you get fungus of some sort breeding in the layer between the water and the fuel. Yuck!

I think that regulations often get broken, but they tend to be followed when they are in effect.

For example, only VW seems to have been the only auto company cheating on the emission control regs.  Prior to that, the ones who used cheater software were big trucks. The cheat was discovered by this one guy at West Virginia University in Morgantown. He knew how to check emissions when the vehicle was on the road because he was monitoring Diesel Coal trucks. I find it amazing that VW thought they would get away with this forever.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
I have no idea how i found out but learned costco has the overall lowest price for drugs. But thats without insurance. With insurance it's not by drugstore anymore

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
I have heard that Costco has the same profit margin on all their Rx drugs. Other stores lower the prices on the common ones, but really sock it to those who buy the less common ones.  Some drugstores quintuple the price. They buy it for $1.00 a pill and sell it for $5.00.

In Spain, France, Mexico and Argentina, you just show the druggist the Rx and she hands you the box. Stamped on the bos are the words "Maximum proce to the Public; €11.00. and that is the price. The same markup is used with every product. And it is LESS than in the US. A LOTT LESS. We are being screwed by Big Pharma.