Author Topic: Obama is our next president  (Read 8918 times)

Cynthia

Obama is our next president
« on: October 17, 2008, 01:12:41 AM »
I hate to be a bad news bear...but he is going to win over McCain.

McCain just doesn't have enough to pull him through this critical mass event.

I don't know what Obama will do for this nation of ours, but it better be what he has promised so far.

I can see it all now......McCain is going to go down, just like the vietnam war went down.

Good men die in a bad war....A good man will  die in this crazy election.

These debates and the pressure to make a new world from the ashes of Bush will bring the Phoenix of Obama to the front.

So, let's just see if he can step up to the plate with all his promises and hopes/dreams for the country.

But, as I see it and I am only making a prediction, Obama will pull this one off.

Every politcal sign in my city hails for OBAMA. Not one sign post for McCain as I drive to work.

So, that's my polling system, folks.

Rude as it is. We shall see. Youth is wasted on the young, as they say.

God bless this country.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Obama is our next president
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2008, 03:42:19 AM »
How do you feel about Dewey?

After 16 years of Democratic administration , everyone knew that there was no hope for a Truman victory.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2008, 09:40:16 AM »
McCain is the past. Vietnam was a lost cause from the git-go: there was nothing to win there, it should never have been fought. It benefited only the arms industry and the officer corps, because it made for lotr os promotions.

McCain will serve out his term, maybe run again. He's not a bad senator from Arizona, but he does not belong in the White House, and Palin is abysmally unqualified to be president. We already have managed to make it through seven years with a hideously poorly chosen clown as VP. No reason to test our luck.

Obama will inspire confidence, put racism behind us, and at last the country will be run by a grown up and not by a stubborn doofus working out issues with his father or a has-been self-proclaimed 'maverick' vet trying to crown his life with the triple crown of Hero, Trophy Wife and the White House.

Obama has shown that he has the demeanor to be president. McCain has shown that he likes to pull stunts. Republican stunts have bankrupted this country. Time to move on.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2008, 09:52:53 AM »
<<After 16 years of Democratic administration , everyone knew that there was no hope for a Truman victory.>>

EVERYONE?  Get real - - that was the Chicago Tribune, the most right-wing reactionary major metropolitan daily in the whole country at the time.  Known to play fast and loose with the facts.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2008, 10:30:18 AM »
The past repeats itself in the future.

Except when it doesn't.

Parmenides said, "You can never put the same foot in the same river twice". The river changes, and so does the foot.

Events do not repeat themselves. It's more like a kaleidoscope: the same elements reoccur, but in a different relationship to one another.

Anyone think Dewey would have prevented the Korean War? The recession after WWII?

Knutey

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2008, 10:51:04 AM »
We are indeed lucky that no vet of Viet Nam will ever have become Pres now. They were not all at fault, but they all were badly brain damaged by fighting in an evil cause. Some of the real dumbfucks like McCain still believe in it.

richpo64

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2008, 11:14:25 AM »
Don't believe it.

There's no way North Carolina goes for Barry. And, if you're looking at recent polling the gap in within four points. Oh Barry, we hardly knew ya.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2008, 11:19:38 AM »
There's no way North Carolina goes for Barry. And, if you're looking at recent polling the gap in within four points. Oh Barry, we hardly knew ya.

Yes way.

Libbie Dole's goin' down with McCain.

The annoying Mitch McConnell may be retiring soon as well.

You will have plenty of tie to misinform yourself about Obama. Rush will be ranting against him for the next eight years.

If you want to prove you are not a racist, I think Alan Keyes is running for president...apparently he has forsaken the GOP, just like the rest of the country.

http://www.americasrevival.com/

richpo64

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2008, 11:28:56 AM »
>>You will have plenty of tie ... <<

I'll have plenty of tie? Huh? Neck tie? What?

Is the foam coming out of your mouth confusing you? Wipe your mouth and start over Yoda.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2008, 11:36:45 AM »
Plenty of TIME, silly person. Rush stands ever ready to misinform you are to restoke your paranoia, ignorance and hate.

McCain's going DOWN.

Those six golf carts are gonna get a workout, and the moose of Matanuska-Sisisitna need to be afraid, very afraid. Sarah's coming to getcha', and she's one frustrated hunter!

I've heard that November is when you want to shoot that moose. That way, you just plop him in the yard, and chainsaw frozen moosebits off as required, for mooseburgers, moose steak, moose stew, moose chops, moose scrapple, moose soup filet de moose and moose au jus. So after her defeat, Sarah will get back hoe in time to shoot the 2008-09 moose.

_JS

• Salaires legers. Chars lourds.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2008, 01:40:29 PM »
The issue isn't whether Obama wins North Carolina, the issue is that it is even being discussed. McCain has to win North Carolina, Florida, Ohio, Colorado, Virginia - and then needs more.

I don't doubt that McCain can still win, but the fact that Saxby Chambliss and Elizabeth Dole are in trouble speaks volumes right now. These two should be 10-15% ahead right now with no worries. McCain should be fighting Obama over New Mexico and Colorado not Florida and Ohio.

If you want the honest truth (and I doubt that you do) the McCain campaign screwed up in a number of ways:

1. Sarah Palin - awful, awful choice. The base needed energizing? For a presidential campaign in Summer? That's practically conceding defeat. GOP strategists on TV stated that she wasn't ready for the oval office. Senator Shelby was a far superior choice...or why not Linda Lingle for a woman, she has far more experience and won in a Democratic state. The base was going to vote McCain anyway - let them hold their noses and do it.

2. Let McCain be McCain. He visibly winces when he makes personal attacks on Obama. It isn't his style. He doesn't give a damn about Ayers - you can tell when he discusses it. A terribly run campaign where a relaxed McCain would have come across as so much more personable. He should stick with the high road.

3. I don't think that attacking your own party comes across well. The GOP brand may not be selling well, but do people really want someone who constantly talks about his being unpopular with his own party? It sounds petty and not very genuine from someone whose ran as a Republican for nearly 30 years. A candidate for President represents his or her party.

These three things have really sunk McCain in my opinion.
I smell something burning, hope it's just my brains.
They're only dropping peppermints and daisy-chains
   So stuff my nose with garlic
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster
   Tell me lies about Vietnam.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2008, 01:59:52 PM »
So looking forward to Carter II      :-\
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Knutey

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2008, 02:02:58 PM »
So looking forward to Carter II      :-\

Far, far better than Bushidiot III.  ;D

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2008, 02:10:01 PM »
riiiiiight, with all those gas lines & rationing.....oh, that's right, that was Carter.  But with all that rampant unemployment....oh wait, that was Carter too.  Well, with out of control inflation......oh wait, that was Carter as well.

::)
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Knutey

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2008, 02:13:56 PM »
riiiiiight, with all those gas lines & rationing.....oh, that's right, that was Carter.  But with all that rampant unemployment....oh wait, that was Carter too.  Well, with out of control inflation......oh wait, that was Carter as well.

::)
Far , far better than war , recession ,outrageous gas prices , almost universal underemployment and utter stupidity and incompetence in the White House.