Author Topic: Is this soon to occur in Iraq?  (Read 12117 times)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: Is this soon to occur in Iraq?
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2006, 08:49:59 PM »
The good Americans are outraged by the actions of the evil Americans who've been running the country for a long time. 

Nonsense , what you mistake for outrage is simply feigned. Remember americans are evil. Blanket statement, blanket truth.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2006, 08:57:03 PM »
<<Nonsense , what you mistake for outrage is simply feigned. Remember americans are evil. Blanket statement, blanket truth. >>

Nice try, except that I never said that Americans were evil.  Here's the actual quote:

<<The USA is more evil than its opponents, kills and tortures more people, destroys more lives, either directly or through its agents and proxies.  >>

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2006, 09:18:13 PM »
<<The USA is more evil than its opponents, kills and tortures more people, destroys more lives, either directly or through its agents and proxies.  >>

So, "The USA" is what? Little green aliens?
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2006, 09:22:28 PM »
<<So, "The USA" is what? Little green aliens?>>

Good guys and bad guys.  With the bad guys in the driver's seat.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2006, 09:31:00 PM »
Good guys and bad guys.  With the bad guys in the driver's seat.

So, which are the Americans?
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

larry

« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2006, 11:04:07 PM »
<<So, "The USA" is what? Little green aliens?>>

No, America is a predator state. The U.S. is only alien invaders in places like Iraq. They are the little green camouflage men. Life is not stranger than fiction.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2006, 11:09:03 PM »
Nice try, except that I never said that Americans were evil.  Here's the actual quote:

Sure you did. To be more evil one must be evil to begin with. Then it is just a matter of scale.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2006, 11:20:53 PM »
<<No, America is a predator state. The U.S. is only alien invaders in places like Iraq. They are the little green camouflage men. Life is not stranger than fiction.>>

Larry, I gotta say - - I like your answer MUCH better than mine.  It's accurate and it's funny too.  Very well done.

larry

« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2006, 11:27:04 PM »
Thanx, I got to be honest with myself, I don't have a very high opinion of the U.S. right now.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2006, 11:32:21 PM »
<<Sure you did. [say Americans were evil]   To be more evil one must be evil to begin with. Then it is just a matter of scale. >>

I distinguished between the country and its people.  The evil Americans are probably not even a majority of the voters, let alone of the whole country, but there are plenty of them and they manage to control its foreign policy through a fictitious "bipartisanship" to the extent that the less-motivated but more benign citizens - - a bunch of morons for the most part - - don't really ever grasp what nefarious shit is being done by "their" country's institutions in their name.  It helps that the same interests that direct foreign policy also control the MSM, which monopolizes the "news" (blocking al Jazeera from mainstream distribution, for example) and keeps the majority not-so-evil dumb fucks in line.  

In the result, the international actions of the country are basically and consistently evil, manipulated by an oligarchy which maintains control regardless of the outcome of the "elections" that are held regularly as clockwork.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2006, 11:38:43 PM »
<<Thanx, I got to be honest with myself, I don't have a very high opinion of the U.S. right now.>>

Well, the important thing is not to give up on it.  It's got the potential to be the best country on earth, it has a great Constitution and a vein of bedrock liberalism running through it that all the neocon "think tanks" in the world can't tear down.  There's no other country in the world that advanced so far in the pursuit of individual freedom, even though the present crypto-fascist regime is doing its damndest to roll it back and the Democrats don't have the balls to stand in their way.  Do what you can.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2006, 12:53:53 AM »
The USA is the country as it manifests itself through its foreign policy. Am,ericans are the citizens of the country, who only rarely vote for anyone based on foreign policy.

There are three main issues in US politics:

Rich or poor, White or Black, war or peace.

Only the latter indirectly deals with foreign policy. The last election is only one of three that was decided moslty on foreign policy. The others involved Korea and Vietnam.

Reagan's fascist adventurism in Central America and ther Caribbean lamentably was not punished by the people, nor was Nixon's screwing around in Chile and Uruguay.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2006, 02:39:52 AM »
I distinguished between the country and its people.

Sure you did.

Your pattern is blanket statement.

Weasling qualifications after the fact.

Rinse

Repeat

But you do get high marks for consistency.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2006, 07:02:06 AM »
<<Your pattern is blanket statement. >>

Hey I can't help it, what your country does is a matter of record.  It doesn't have TWO foreign policies.  Evil is as evil does.

<<Weasling qualifications after the fact. >>

Weaselling my ass.  When you try to twist my opinion on US foreign policy into a blanket condemnation of the entire American people, I correct you.  No qualification was necessary, the comment itself could not possibly have been mistaken for what you try to imply it was.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2006, 07:08:52 AM »
And yet direct quotes were provided. Perhaps if you want to be more clear you should be more precise. That way you avoid that embarrassing weaseling after the fact.