BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
hmmm
« on: October 11, 2007, 12:52:43 AM »
I found this surprising: You almost joined the CIA as a covert operative a few years ago, after starting Daily Kos. Did you apply for a job or were you recruited?
I applied. I also applied at the State Department, but only the CIA showed interest. I was underemployed, and I didn't have very good job opportunities at the time. It was something that seemed to be up my alley. I'm interested in politics, I'm interested in foreign relations, I'm interested in analyzing stuff and writing about it. The interviewing process took a year, between security checks and all sorts of psych evaluations and drug tests.

Do you think the Agency's interest in you had anything to do with the fact that you were becoming influential in liberal politics?

I wasn't then. This was late 2002 and nobody knew I existed. I started blogging in early 2002, and it was around that summer, probably, that I applied. I don't think they knew about Daily Kos until I disclosed it. Part of my extracurricular activities and whatnot.

http://www.radaronline.com/from-the-magazine/2007/10/markos_moulitsas_daily_kos_netroots_clinton_obama_edwards_3.php

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: hmmm
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2007, 12:53:23 AM »
hmmmmmmmm       
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2007, 12:18:09 PM »
Yeah thats all we needed
another america hater working @ the CIA
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2007, 09:17:16 PM »
That certainly builds my case that Kos is a sell out.

I wouldn't be surprised to find out shortly that he has sex with goats in Wisconsin airport men's rooms.

But the flaw in that is that DailyKos is not Markos.  It's comprised of several thousands of people who do and say what they want and don't act under the directive of Kos.

If I had to construct a conspiracy around Markos, I'd say, if he works for the CIA, he is purposely building a site that attracts vocal activists in order to keep an eye on them.  Kind of like "fighting them there so we don't have to fight them over here."

But that's just conjecture, of course.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2007, 11:06:58 PM »
of course