Author Topic: What crazy ideas  (Read 2523 times)

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
What crazy ideas
« on: October 12, 2007, 01:35:46 PM »
    O?Reilly summarized what the Far-Left America would look like once John Edwards got done with it:

[W]ould you support President John Edwards? Remember,
             no coerced interrogation, civilian lawyers in courts for captured 
      overseas terrorists, no branding the Iranian guards terrorists,
      and no phone surveillance without a specific warrant.

Who could even fathom an America plagued by habeas corpus, search warrants, and a military that fails to beat, freeze and mock-execute its detainees? And nothing is more sacred to core American values than branding other countries? armies as ?Terrorists? (?The [Revolutionary] Guard is the SS of Iran?).

http://www.salon.com/opinion/greenwald/2007/10/12/edwards/index.html
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

Richpo64

Re: What crazy ideas
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2007, 01:44:20 PM »
Keep the blinders on. It's easier that way I guess.

Keep the TV tuned to American Idol and So You Think You Can Dance, while the imaginary Iranian threat grows.

When the TV goes out, then what?

yeah, that O'Reilly guys the problem, not the people who are killing us even now.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2007, 02:21:08 PM »

yeah, that O'Reilly guys the problem, not the people who are killing us even now.

=====================================================
Killing US?

Do you still have that frog in your pocket?

How is it that US troops who are forced to lie down for Blackwater goons are not included in your description of "us", when those supposedly killed by evil Iranians are?

O'Reilly is an annoying loudmouthed Irishman. Sort of a Pat Buchanan, but now new and improved, with 50% less intelligence.
So there are two ways that you could bond with O'Reilly to become an "us".
Only one if you are of Hibernian ancestry, though.

I sure wish you would stop threatening us with pictures of nuclear explosions. It makes us want to go shopping.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Richpo64

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2007, 02:25:38 PM »
>>O'Reilly is an annoying loudmouthed Irishman.<<

Still spouting racism I see. I guess some people get away with anything.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2007, 03:57:55 PM »
Insert Quote
>>O'Reilly is an annoying loudmouthed Irishman.<<

===========================================
Still spouting racism I see. I guess some people get away with anything.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Are the Irish a race, then?

Boyo, me verrry own grrrandmither was a Brrrady, don't ya know.

I merely suggest that when an Irishman is annoying, he is annoying in a particular Hibernian way.

When an Englishman is annoying, he is stuffy and supercilious.

An annoying German tends to be militant and overly righteous.

An irritating Frenchman tends to take an attitude of superiority in matters both linguistic and culinary.

I feel that this is true statement, and being partly Irish, I have the right to state it.

I don't see this as any more anti-Irish than the Notre Dame cartoon Leprechaun. He is feisty in an Irish way, is he not?

It would only be racist if the Irish were a race. I don't think that they are much more than an ethnicity.
You are annoying, but I feel that it is in a more generic, less classifiable, way.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By me "getting away" with stating this, are you suggesting that I be arrested for expressing an opinion?

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2007, 04:19:13 PM »
<<O'Reilly is an annoying loudmouthed Irishman. Sort of a Pat Buchanan, but now new and improved, with 50% less intelligence.>>

50%?     I never thought I'd use the word "genius" in the same sentence as "Pat Buchanan," but O'Reilly makes Pat Buchanan look like a genius.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2007, 05:22:42 PM »
It always seemed to me that Buchanan was far brighter than O'Reilly. I don't agree with either of them hardly at all, but O'Reilly seems far more negative and annoying.

Buchanan destroyed what was left of the Perotista Reform Party, what with his constant sparring with Jesse Ventura and that other guy with the spacey ideas. On the other hand, O'Reilly has never rallied anyone to vote for him for anything.

I suppose that this is a matter of taste.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2007, 10:19:31 PM »
re: with 50% less intelligence.

yeah Bill O'Reilly only has a masters from Harvard
must be a real idiot

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2007, 09:32:23 AM »
<<yeah Bill O'Reilly only has a masters from Harvard
<<must be a real idiot>>

That really surprises me.  Then he's more like Ann Coulter than I realized.  More of an entertainer than an idiot.  Found his niche and knows what garbage will sell to them. 

Thanks for that little nugget, CU4. 

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2007, 12:52:45 PM »
"Thanks for that little nugget, CU4"

You're welcome tee
atually bill o'reilly has two masters degrees, one from harvard & one from Boston University

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2007, 03:53:56 PM »
Both great schools.  My cousins'  daughter got her law degree at BU probably five or six years ago now.  One of her profs was Jon (hope I got the first name right) Schlichterman, the lawyer around whom the non-fiction book "A Civil Action" was written.  At the end of the book, the case having collapsed in ruins around him, he was going off to Hawaii to be a beach bum.  I was pleasantly surprised to hear that he was back in Boston teaching law.

Richpo64

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2007, 04:00:49 PM »
>>It always seemed to me that Buchanan was far brighter than O'Reilly.<<

This really is the best you people can come up with? He's stupid? Reagan is stupid ... was Bush 41 stupid or just a wimp? ... O'Reilly is stupid, Bush is stupid, Thomas is stupid ... yada yada yada.

Oh, that's right. O'Reilly a stupid Irishman. As for the Irish being a race, I'd have to say they consider themselves one, yes. I realize the left is to simple to deviate from the template, but race is a bit more complicated for some people than simply "Hate Whitey." So while Caucasian is sort of a catch all for the "white" race, there are certainly major differences between say the drunken Irish and the stupid Pollack.

::)

Universe Prince

• Of course liberty isn't safe; but it is good.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2007, 08:04:57 PM »

This really is the best you people can come up with?

Says the man who managed to muster up this:

Keep the blinders on. It's easier that way I guess.

Keep the TV tuned to American Idol and So You Think You Can Dance, while the imaginary Iranian threat grows.

When the TV goes out, then what?

as the best he could do to respond to the initial post.

One of the major problems I have with the position of folks like Richpo is that they seem to think that the rest of us should not only want to surrender basic liberties, but be damn grateful to have them taken away. Why? Because if you don't, then we're all gonna die, and it will be all your fault. It's possibly the most simplistic and stupid argument one could make, but they apparently think this is the most valid argument they have, because they keep making it. They also seem blind to irony of their situation, that their position would/will result in a very obvious erosion of the most basic foundation of American ideals and American culture that theyclaim to be trying to protect. They want to protect their cake from being eaten by eating it themselves. True enough, someone else might not eat the cake, but the cake will still be gone nonetheless. To put this more dramatically, it is pretty much as if they are arguing that a strictly controlled police state is the only way to protect everyone's liberty. It is so obviously self-contradictory, that when folks like Richpo respond with comments like "Keep the blinders on. It's easier that way I guess." I have to marvel just a bit at the level of self-delusion that is taking place before me.
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
--Hieronymus Karl Frederick Baron von Munchausen ("The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" [1988])--

Richpo64

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2007, 08:35:27 PM »
The problem you have is being a bit player. Nothing but fringe. But oh such a tough talker .... <chuckle>

In the real world you're laughed at. Which is why I imagine you spend your time in here.

Universe Prince

• Of course liberty isn't safe; but it is good.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2007, 10:55:16 PM »

The problem you have is being a bit player. Nothing but fringe. But oh such a tough talker .... <chuckle>

That is the best you can muster up? Ad hominem? You're a joke, Rich, and you don't even know it.

In the real world you're laughed at. Which is why I imagine you spend your time in here.

Actually, I'm not. You'd be surprised how responsive people can be to intelligent discourse as opposed to the style of your common offerings here of shallow bravado, juvenile name calling and just plain ol' adult male bovine excrement. In the real world, and that includes here, you're the one at whom people are laughing. You talk big like you expect people to take you seriously, but all your arguments are empty and shallow. That is all you have, and that is why you're a joke.
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
--Hieronymus Karl Frederick Baron von Munchausen ("The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" [1988])--