Author Topic: Saddam Hussein executed  (Read 24491 times)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Saddam Hussein executed
« Reply #60 on: January 02, 2007, 12:59:48 PM »
<<Where's the evidence that Saddam killed a single one of his victims?

<<Didn't Saddam have a biography and a biographical movie?

<<I think he is confessed to being an assassin in his earlyer career , before he studyed law.>>

I'm not sure that he "confessed" to successfully assassinating anyone, and even if he did, it could have been empty bragging, not under oath and never tested in court.  He wasn't charged with it and he wasn't convicted of it.  In BT's theory, this would mean he didn't do it - - no smoking gun.

<<Wouldn't his approval of this biographical information be construed as confession?>>

No.  See above.

<<And of course we have him on film personally purgeing his party .>>

What you have on film is his public accusation of treason and their arrests.  Period.  No killing, not even a slap in the face.  Again, no smoking gun.  And again, he wasn't charged or convicted of their deaths either.

But of course, I'm just having a little fun with the BT smoking gun theory of guilt - - we all know that it applies only to AMERICANS like your "President" who have obviously committed atrocities or had command responsibility for them.  It was never intended to exonerate Arabs or anyone else.  Certainly not to Saddam Hussein.  He's an ARAB, for chrissake.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #61 on: January 02, 2007, 01:04:00 PM »
<<There's that too, I suppose. [gassing "his own" people]  But something tells me when the smoke has cleared, the facts are known, and the history is written, the reality of the situation is going to be shown to be at odds with the current official version. Too much doesn't add up.>>

Probably.  Saddam always claimed it was the Iranians.  Fuckin Persians.

The U.S. has spread so much lies and bullshit over the region that their credibility there is zilch.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: January 02, 2007, 11:26:04 PM »

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: January 02, 2007, 11:52:28 PM »
<<The manner could have been better.>>

He got what he deserved.  No thanks to Iraqi "justice," which was openly demonstrated to be a fraud and a farce.  It was a revenge killing pure and simple but it couldn't have happened to a more deserving candidate.

I have to say, though, that he died like a man, which is more than I would expect of that strutting ass Bush if (please God!) he were ever called before an international court to account for his crimes.

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: January 03, 2007, 01:41:13 AM »
He got what he deserved, yes. But his manner of death is encouraging Sunnis to rise up, or so I read and hear on TV.
This is not good.  We have many troops there, and I want them to get out safely. 
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: January 03, 2007, 01:48:43 AM »
<<We have many troops there, and I want them to get out safely.>>

They can get out safely any time their commander in chief gives the order.  Whlle they're in Iraq they are killing, raping and/or torturing practically every single day and to tell you the truth I am a lot more concerned for the lives of the citizens of Iraq who have done nothing to deserve these atrocities than I am for the lives of the perpetrators.

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: January 03, 2007, 01:54:47 AM »
Williams didn't do all the murders anyway. Some of the parents were suspects trying to cash in on the various funds being set up.

-------------------------------

Whoa, what?  Back that truck up.   You're a native of that area so you know, but I'm not.  'Some of the parents were suspects trying to cash in on the various funds being set up.'  ??  I'm not liking what this sounds like.
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: January 03, 2007, 03:30:31 AM »
 "Whlle they're in Iraq they are killing, raping and/or torturing practically every single day..."

Callumny.

You do not have any indication that any such crime happens on a day to day basis , nor do you have any reason to think that such crimes happen more often per man day for this occupation than for any other?

When simular charges were leveled at the British after the "Boston Massicre" there was a remarkable trial. But do you suppose that many another crime was covered up?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: January 03, 2007, 03:35:54 AM »
"Whlle they're in Iraq they are killing, raping and/or torturing practically every single day..."

Callumny. You do not have any indication that any such crime happens on a day to day basis , nor do you have any reason to think that such crimes happen more often per man day for this occupation than for any other?

Actually Plane, the lack of such acts proves such acts.  That's how it works, according to Tee.  All he has to do to respond is spout "Abu Graib", "Gitmo", "Someplace in Vietnam".  Just spouting those places/events is supposed to validate the accusation.  In Tee's realm of the universe, that is
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: January 03, 2007, 03:44:07 AM »
I'm concerned with the troops there AND for the people of Iraq.  I know it is a monstrous war and horrible things have been done to people there.   I also know people who have been there to fight, and are being sent back, and they are good people. This is a war that should never have been started.     

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #70 on: January 03, 2007, 03:50:36 AM »
....This is a war that should never have been started.      

Well, that's 1 opinion.  A significant amount of current events & logic would say otherwise however
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #71 on: January 03, 2007, 03:52:41 AM »
The purpose of killing a lot of innocent bystanders in Iraq is to make an Impression on Americans .

The purpose of killing Americans is the same , but the Americans take more work to kill , so killing a market full or a Mosque full of unarmed people is worth doing.

Should the world belong to the most ruthless?

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: January 03, 2007, 03:36:49 PM »

Clearly, Bush and his supporters think so else why support torture and illegal invasion?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #73 on: January 03, 2007, 03:56:53 PM »

===================================
I am going out on a limb here and say that the Iraqi part of the world should belong to Iraqis, and Iraqis should be the only ones to determine which Iraqis.

The US Army wasn't invited to decide whether some Ireaqis are too ruthless or not ruthless enough.

It is none of any Americans' goddamn business who the Hell runs Iraq.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

domer

« Reply #74 on: January 03, 2007, 04:03:09 PM »
Unfortunately, XO, your cry is just as simplistic and unrealistic as victory proponents'.