Author Topic: The real lessons of Repervgate.  (Read 7117 times)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: The real lessons of Repervgate.
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2006, 09:12:08 PM »
Typical reponse from the left.

Hit enter and declare victory.

Your own credibility and the ability to furnish facts be damned.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2006, 10:18:28 PM »
Then is there any evidence that Democrats are any less destructive in this same particular manner?

If not then this is not a partizen issue.

I cannot fiqure out what you getting at  here. I know you want to prove that Dems are as bad as Repubs when it comes to sex I quess, but I don't see what that has to do with anything. It is the Repubs that claim moral superiority. It is your hypocracy that is stinking up the joint and that IS a partisan issue.

You mean that Democrats are not hypocrytes because they have no standards?

So a Democrat and a Republican can do exactly the same thing but because the Democrat makes no pretense twards moral standing , the Democrats deed is free of Hypocracy?

I see you haveing a valid point ,especially in this case, where Rep Foley hid a lot about himself for the sake of fooling his constituants . Politicians are getting votes that they do not deserve by representing themselves falsely to their electoriate.

Mucho

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2006, 01:30:36 AM »
Then is there any evidence that Democrats are any less destructive in this same particular manner?

If not then this is not a partizen issue.

I cannot fiqure out what you getting at  here. I know you want to prove that Dems are as bad as Repubs when it comes to sex I quess, but I don't see what that has to do with anything. It is the Repubs that claim moral superiority. It is your hypocracy that is stinking up the joint and that IS a partisan issue.

You mean that Democrats are not hypocrytes because they have no standards?

So a Democrat and a Republican can do exactly the same thing but because the Democrat makes no pretense twards moral standing , the Democrats deed is free of Hypocracy?

I see you haveing a valid point ,especially in this case, where Rep Foley hid a lot about himself for the sake of fooling his constituants . Politicians are getting votes that they do not deserve by representing themselves falsely to their electoriate.

No- The real problem is you fooling yourself. Because you claim moral superiority,and  you are laid low when you are proven to be human.
You are worse than human. You are hypocrits.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2006, 01:42:13 AM »
For Plane to be a hypocrit he would have to claim not only moral superiority but also claim to have achieved perfection in this pursuit. He hasn't, so he isn't.

Mucho

« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2006, 04:07:12 PM »
For Plane to be a hypocrit he would have to claim not only moral superiority but also claim to have achieved perfection in this pursuit. He hasn't, so he isn't.

You know, of course, that I am using you in thew general sense to mean all Republican moral elitest  hypocrits. Plane is the least worst among you. See I did it again.
 ::)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2006, 09:09:16 PM »
You know, of course, that I am using you in thew general sense to mean all Republican moral elitest  hypocrits. Plane is the least worst among you. See I did it again.

So we should consider your posts to be the equivalent of a barking chihuahua?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2006, 03:22:56 AM »
   Normally I take great pride in being one of the most Humble people around.

NOw I find that I am one of the least worst?

This may swell my head.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2006, 03:31:14 AM »

No- The real problem is you fooling yourself. Because you claim moral superiority,and  you are laid low when you are proven to be human.

Unfortunately the entire Republican party must be made up of human beings , we haven't really had any luck getting Elephants to join.

Republican voters tend to be people who want a high standard set and met , but no matter what a person wants , another person can trick them.  Rep. Foley presented himself as one thing he knew he wasn't , just to get votes that he did not deserve .

This makes me agree with you that Foley was hypocritical, not that anyone elese was.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2006, 03:35:21 AM by Plane »

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2006, 03:48:23 AM »
Some News Organisations have maintained that there are twenty Gay Congressmen.

This leaves about 14 to be outed doesn't it?

Is don't ask dont tell a good rule for Congress?

Should these potential blackmail targets come clean and undercut attempts at blackmail or threats ?

Should a news orgainisation, that knows something that the public doesn't about a public figures sex life, feel obliged to report it?

I think that any large group of men will include a few who march to the beat of a diffrent drummer , and also a few that have harmfull attitudes twards subordinates.

President Clinton says that he misbehaved "Because I Could"  does the possession of power draw temptation that is stronger than the temptation the less powerfull must resist?

I think that the greater harm that happens when the powerfull become corrupt ought to make us picky about these people , chooseing them carefully in the first place ,Testing them in public forums ,provideing them with accessible and confidential counceling , encourageing the fallen to resign,and applying stiff punishment when warrented.

We do all of this , but could we do more?