Author Topic: Todd Palin Refusing to Testify in Troopergate . . .  (Read 473 times)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Todd Palin Refusing to Testify in Troopergate . . .
« on: September 19, 2008, 01:30:55 AM »
AP  |  MATT VOLZ  |  September 18, 2008 at 09:41 PM

<<ANCHORAGE, Alaska — Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin's husband has refused to testify in the investigation of his wife's alleged abuse of power, and key lawmakers said Thursday that uncooperative witnesses are effectively sidetracking the probe until after Election Day.

<<Todd Palin, who participates in state business in person or by e-mail, was among 13 people subpoenaed by the Alaska Legislature. Palin's lawyer sent a letter to the lead investigator saying Palin objected to the probe and would not appear to testify...>>

As long as people understand that they obviously have something to hide - - Sarah AND Todd, both ducking the inquiry, the same inquiry she had promised her full cooperation.

Fantastic.  Just one more nail in her political coffin.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: Todd Palin Refusing to Testify in Troopergate . . .
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2008, 01:56:21 AM »
French will be so disappointed. Obama too i guess.

My guess is those who are refusing to testify have legal grounds to do so.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Todd Palin Refusing to Testify in Troopergate . . .
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 02:08:17 AM »
Legal grounds, my ass.  The committee was duly appointed by the Legislative Council, which has the authority to make such appointments, and there has been no acts of bias to date by either the investigator, Branchwater or by the duly appointed overseer, Hollis French.

They still haven't challenged the investigation in the courts for bias, so they're full of hot air.  The route they chose to attack it was to have Palin file a complaint against herself with the state Ethics Ctee. and then move to stay the investigation on the grounds that the subject matter was now properly being investigated by the Ethics Ctee., but when that didn't fly, she moved to withdraw her own complaint against herself.

I think voters who are tired of the old ways, the old runarounds, the old stall-forever-but-do-nothing governments  are going to be plenty fed up with this arcane manoeuvreing by Palin, especially after she had promised full cooperation to this very investigation.  It's pretty clear that she just does not wish - - despite her earlier promise - - to testify, and most people can easily figure out why.  This is gonna cost her and McCain, and cost them big-time.