Author Topic: Clinton supporters still not embracing Obama  (Read 11665 times)

Cynthia

Re: Clinton supporters still not embracing Obama
« Reply #45 on: July 10, 2008, 03:30:35 PM »
Because I agree with his/her positions and believe he/she is the better of the two major candidates on issues that matter to me.

At this point neither of the presumed nominees are female so i don't see the need for the he/she conditional.

But it's not that simple. There are issues like taxing the rich(which needs to change, imo) education reform; war; health care.Those issues are important to me. But, I have a feeling that once a candidate is elected into office, ideals and promises go through a sudden "oops factor" change.

Actually it is that simple. If candidate A is more in line with your priorities vote for him.

Can one really trust any politician anymore?

Maybe not. Then again you don't have to set yourself up to be at the mercy of them either.

I like what Obama has to say. I feel for the folks who have little or no access to a decent health care system.

But, then again, I do not want to be overly taxed.

Then i suggest you carefully consider your vote.

Which is what I am carefully considering as we speak. You see I have passionate concerns about the educational system, and Kennedy was the original creater of the NCLB act.(liberal) I like Obama for the very reason that he is listening to the public school teachers and the issues we face.

But, do I want tax and spend liberal in office? NO.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 03:33:13 PM by Cynthia »

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #46 on: July 10, 2008, 04:56:42 PM »
It's not, it's simply a point of FACT (that Obama's senate record clearly provides anyone with a shred of objectivity on this matter) ample repetition that at no time has he authored any bill with bipartsian support,

He and Tom Coburn (R-OK) authored an ethics reform bill. The bill passed with bipartisan support.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: July 10, 2008, 05:22:54 PM »
Good catch Ami.  I think the point still remains (in which Cynthia is again demanding I prove a negative), that Obama votes lock step with the Dems on all issues the Dems want & support, and at no time has he voted against his party's interests, as opposed to McCain, having done it numerous times. 

Cynthia apparently wants a listing of all the votes that shows how he has voted with the Dems 99.9% of the time.  I suppose after doing some extensive legislative research, I could post all these votes......which will not have changed Cynthia's perception of Obama in the slightest.  What would be far simpler is that she post just 1 vote where he voted with the GOP and against the Dems on a particular piece of Legislation, analogus to what McCain has done

Just 1

"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Cynthia

« Reply #48 on: July 10, 2008, 05:38:40 PM »
Good catch Ami.  I think the point still remains (in which Cynthia is again demanding I prove a negative), that Obama votes lock step with the Dems on all issues the Dems want & support, and at no time has he voted against his party's interests, as opposed to McCain, having done it numerous times. 

Cynthia apparently wants a listing of all the votes that shows how he has voted with the Dems 99.9% of the time.  I suppose after doing some extensive legislative research, I could post all these votes......which will not have changed Cynthia's perception of Obama in the slightest.  What would be far simpler is that she post just 1 vote where he voted with the GOP and against the Dems on a particular piece of Legislation, analogus to what McCain has done

Just 1

Sirs,
Ami made my point. You can't post facts for your life!

;)

That's all I was asking for ...FROM YOU>

d'oh

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: July 10, 2008, 05:42:55 PM »
And yet not 1 example of Obama working with Republicans, against his party's interest.  Did I mention, not 1?

Thanks for making my point
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Cynthia

« Reply #50 on: July 10, 2008, 05:43:03 PM »
"Cynthia apparently wants a listing of all the votes that shows how he has voted with the Dems 99.9% of the time.  I suppose after doing some extensive legislative research, I could post all these votes......which will not have changed Cynthia's perception of Obama in the slightest.  What would be far simpler is that she post just 1 vote where he voted with the GOP and against the Dems on a particular piece of Legislation, analogus to what McCain has done"

Nope...didn't ask for a list of all votes.

Nope ....you may just have changed my mind on Obama...IF you could have posted such votes etc.

Nope....what would be far simpler is that you post something for once to back up your claims...instead of waiting for Ami and BT to rescue your butt.

side bar comment:
I never called you ignorant, btw. I was stating a fact. . . not name calling.

When it comes to teaching in the public schools, you are ignorant of what goes on in the classroom.

Cynthia

« Reply #51 on: July 10, 2008, 05:44:28 PM »
And yet not 1 example of Obama working with Republicans, against his party's interest.  Did I mention, not 1?

Thanks for making my point

You can thank Ami for bring in that point, Sirs. Not you.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: July 10, 2008, 05:58:21 PM »
"Cynthia apparently wants a listing of all the votes that shows how he has voted with the Dems 99.9% of the time.  I suppose after doing some extensive legislative research, I could post all these votes......which will not have changed Cynthia's perception of Obama in the slightest.  What would be far simpler is that she post just 1 vote where he voted with the GOP and against the Dems on a particular piece of Legislation, analogus to what McCain has done"

Nope...didn't ask for a list of all votes.

That's precisely my point, 99.9% of all his votes cast were for Democrat proposals, or legislation that both parties supported.  My "facts" would require the posting of all those votes.  What you're seeking is some example where that's not the case.  I'm not going to look for that for you.  that'd be your job

Nope ....you may just have changed my mind on Obama...IF you could have posted such votes etc.

Ahh, in that case, I'll take that time....being that you're on record as indicating such an acute lack of trying to work with Republicans, would have you to seriously consider changing your vote.  So, when I get home, and look up his legisaltive record, and after you've seen it, you'll be much more inclined in changing your mind, correct?

Nope....what would be far simpler is that you post something for once to back up your claims...instead of waiting for Ami and BT to rescue your butt.

I've never needed or required anyone to "save my butt".  If you had been paying attention, what Ami posted wasn't anything i was referencing or what you were requesting from me, and was actually more supportive of some bipartisan effort on his part......IF you had been paying attention.  And we won't even go into the request after request after request of you supporting the claim how NCLB mandates teaching to the test, and multiple tests, and your acute inability of providing such.  All you could provide was your position as a teacher, and somehow that was all that was necessary.....your word as a teacher

side bar comment: I never called you ignorant, btw. I was stating a fact. . . not name calling.

Your "stating of fact" of my ignorance, pretty much equates to name calling, I'm afraid to say

When it comes to teaching in the public schools, you are ignorant of what goes on in the classroom.

And when it comes to issues on the War, on Iraq, and on the military, you are apparently just as ignorant

Cynthia

« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2008, 06:09:38 PM »
Your "stating of fact" of my ignorance, pretty much equates to name calling, I'm afraid to say.

No, it is not. It's a matter of knowledge. Either one is ignorant of certain things based on lack of knowledge or they aren't. Ignorance is bliss, as they say.

I never tried to make fun of you...unlike you constantly throwing darts my way...instead of just posting the facts as you KNOW them.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 06:12:17 PM by Cynthia »

Cynthia

« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2008, 06:11:37 PM »
It's not, it's simply a point of FACT (that Obama's senate record clearly provides anyone with a shred of objectivity on this matter) ample repetition that at no time has he authored any bill with bipartsian support,

He and Tom Coburn (R-OK) authored an ethics reform bill. The bill passed with bipartisan support.

I trust you have proof of that statement.  ;)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: July 10, 2008, 06:13:20 PM »
Still trying to misdirect & mischaracterize, I see.  Let's redirect then.....If I manage to show a posting of all these votes by Obama that show no effort what-so ever of going against hiw own party's interests, and you'll be seriously considering changing your vote, correct?

Cynthia

« Reply #56 on: July 10, 2008, 06:16:02 PM »
Still trying to misdirect & mischaracterize, I see.  Let's redirect then.....If I manage to show a posting of all these votes by Obama that show no effort what-so ever of going against hiw own party's interests, and you'll be seriously considering changing your vote, correct?

Now now....Sirs.....if you read back your own posts, you redirect all the damn time! sheesh..you set a person up as not being "ok" and then you go for the kill. But you miss every time. Instead we are left with accusations and no real meat.

Lanya....what were you smoking, dear?
Afterall, Sirs set that post up in favor of himself by making such, albeit silly, accusations.

Is that how you win points?
 ::)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: July 10, 2008, 06:19:30 PM »
Let's redirect 1 more time.....If I manage to show a posting of all these votes by Obama that show no effort what-so ever of going against his own party's interests, and you'll be seriously considering changing your vote, correct?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 06:49:27 PM by sirs »

Cynthia

« Reply #58 on: July 10, 2008, 06:23:29 PM »

oh and btw, since you asked...and since I am not one to duck from facts and how they hold truth and water for me, yes, I would reconsider.

Like I told Bt earlier...although we differ seriously on the ramifications, implications, the down right mandates of the NCLB act. I see the act as having 'its' hands in more than is apparent to either BT or Ami ------especially,after hearing from so many many people -including politicians.  \\BUT if I see that the scales tip in the direction against Obama in terms of other issues, then I might have to reconsider voting for him.

Remember, I never professed to be an expert on here, Sirs. You have known that about my for years. I am ignorant of many facts in the political system. That's why I enjoy the gate....to learn and ....as of recent to post my own passionate thoughts on a given subject. But, yes I am flexible. My ego is not that fragile as one might think. I like to hear the details and the points put forth on many a topic.

I doubt very very seriously, from the tone of thread/post from many members  here, that they could be able to do the same without having to "hide face' in order to "save face"

(just  a  thought)

Ami is still one of the posters I can rely on as he does NOT ATTACK. I have never attacked in the way you do, unless I am attacked first, SIrs.

That's an attack fact! ;)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: July 10, 2008, 06:28:56 PM »
1 last time, otherwise I'm moving on.....Let's redirect.....If I manage to show a posting of all these votes by Obama that show no effort what-so ever of going against his own party's interests, and you'll be seriously considering changing your vote, correct?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 06:49:07 PM by sirs »