Author Topic: Second generation in the Saloon  (Read 4397 times)

Stray Pooch

• Pray tell me, sir, whose dog are you?
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Second generation in the Saloon
« on: June 25, 2010, 04:38:42 AM »
The McChrystal debate has brought in a newbie, though some of you may remember I have mentioned him a time or three.  To give you an idea of how long this debate club has been around, I once told about how he was dealing with some Young Life folks in MIDDLE SCHOOL.  Ark, as I recall, was unhappy about that.  He's 22 these days and hasn't been in middle school for quite some time.  I have mentioned him a few other times as well.  I referred to him as Stray Pup then.  He's not so much a pup these days as a rather fine young man if I do say so myself.  He has, however, adopted that name as his nom de 'puter on this forum, so in case there is any confusion, I'm the Pooch, he's the Pup. 

Go easy on him, 'cuz he does bite sometimes and I wouldn't want to have to put him down or anything. :D

Welcome, Pup.

Oh, for a muse of fire, that would ascend the brightest heaven of invention . . .

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
Re: Second generation in the Saloon
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2010, 10:27:27 AM »
welcome puppy!

if you're anything like your dad...I will learn to cross my "Tee's" and dot my "eyes" around you 2!

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2010, 10:34:32 AM »
welcome puppy!

if you're anything like your dad...I will learn to cross my "Tee's" and dot my "eyes" around you 2!

cool pic

Stray Pooch

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2010, 10:49:04 AM »
welcome puppy!

I like the pic!  These days, I mostly just cross my "I"s!
Oh, for a muse of fire, that would ascend the brightest heaven of invention . . .

Stray Pup

• Son of Pooch.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2010, 10:54:49 AM »
Oh yeah I almost forgot about those people.  

If you can imagine I was actually much more opinionated back then.  Somehow when I was in middle/high school I was much more politically incensed.  The only demons I try to slay nowadays are reverse racism and the general overabundance of PC [Politcal Correctness, I'm not a Mac User :D].  Everything else I'm prone to seeing both sides on.  

Which makes it really hard to have a blind fury about something >:(.

Oh FYI, and from what I can see my dad does this too, I love humor more than any political debate.  
"What's that word for skiving off work and giving it to somebody less important?"
"Delegate."

Stray Pooch

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2010, 10:56:45 AM »
Oh yeah I almost forgot about those people.  

If you can imagine I was actually much more opinionated back then.  Somehow when I was in middle/high school I was much more politically incensed.  The only demons I try to slay nowadays are reverse racism and the general overabundance of PC [Politcal Correctness, I'm not a Mac User :D].  Everything else I'm prone to seeing both sides on.  

Which makes it really hard to have a blind fury about something >:(.

Oh FYI, and from what I can see my dad does this too, I love humor more than any political debate.  

Start a debate with Michael Tee.  You'll go from zero to blind rage in seconds - LOL!

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2010, 10:58:55 AM »
kramer i used to have a dalmation
i think they are one of the coolest looking dogs
but man are they hyper!
had to send mine to school
she came back a lot calmer
i think they may have waterboarded her to calm her down
the place was called Dick Cheney Dog Training
but she was a very sweet dog

« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 11:18:54 AM by ChristiansUnited4LessGvt »

Stray Pooch

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2010, 11:03:03 AM »
kramer i used to have a dalmation
i think they are one of the coolest looking dogs
but man are they hyper!
had to send mine to school
she cam back a lot calmer
i think they may have waterboarded her to calm her down
the place was called Dick Cheney Dog Training
but she was a very sweet dog

I don't believe that, CU4.  If it had been a Cheney school the dog would have been "accicdentally" shot!

The best dog I ever had was a dalmation-pointer mix we called "hunich" for reasons too obscure to explain.  Damn fine dog - smart as a whip.  Raised him from a pup in my teens and when I brought my firstborn home to visit he allowed ONLY my wife near the baby.  I was strictly forbidden under pain of snarling wrath to get anywhere near the baby.  Same applied to everyone in the house except mommy.  Good dog - lol!  (Oldest son has ten years on the pup, btw.)

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2010, 11:24:24 AM »
poochie..I used to scrub and scrub that dalmation when I gave her a bath
but I could never make the claim she was "spotless" clean!
she even had spots inside her mouth on her gums
good dog....very loyal.

but ya know the next dog I get is going to be a Border Collie
my brother had one....and she was the smartest trouble free dog I have ever seen.

Stray Pup

• Son of Pooch.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2010, 11:42:47 AM »
I love dogs.  My roommate has a golden retriever at his house that he's raised from a puppy named Buckstein. 

We used to have a black lab (I think it was a lab).  Can't remember his name for the life of me, but I think it was Sparky.  Anyways when I was about six I got caught up in the dogs chain and almost choked to death.  So I'm surprised that I like dogs as much as I do.
"What's that word for skiving off work and giving it to somebody less important?"
"Delegate."

Stray Pooch

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2010, 11:56:39 AM »
I love dogs.  My roommate has a golden retriever at his house that he's raised from a puppy named Buckstein. 

We used to have a black lab (I think it was a lab).  Can't remember his name for the life of me, but I think it was Sparky.  Anyways when I was about six I got caught up in the dogs chain and almost choked to death.  So I'm surprised that I like dogs as much as I do.

Why not?  The dog did nothing. IT WAS THE CHAIN!!   REGISTER CHAINS!!!  BAN CHAINS!!!!   

Oops, sorry.  i was channeling a second-amendment opponent for a sec there . . .

Stray Pup

• Son of Pooch.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2010, 12:04:19 PM »

Why not?  The dog did nothing. IT WAS THE CHAIN!!   REGISTER CHAINS!!!  BAN CHAINS!!!!   

Oops, sorry.  i was channeling a second-amendment opponent for a sec there . . .

Chains don't kill people.  Dogs on chains kill people.   ::)

And speaking of the second ammendment, my favorite quote ever:

"Guns don't kill people.  3/4 inch holes in the head kill people."
"Delegate."

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2010, 12:11:36 PM »
<<Start a debate with Michael Tee.  You'll go from zero to blind rage in seconds - LOL!>>

Typical capitalist advertising - - show 'em the Dalmatian pup, sell 'em the pit bull.  Thanks, Pooch.  Welcome, Pup.

Stray Pooch

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2010, 12:16:11 PM »
<<Start a debate with Michael Tee.  You'll go from zero to blind rage in seconds - LOL!>>

Typical capitalist advertising - - show 'em the Dalmatian pup, sell 'em the pit bull.  Thanks, Pooch.  Welcome, Pup.

LOL!  Hey somebody has to help keep the Moose population down up there - and Sarah's busy campaigning! :D

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2010, 12:18:18 PM »
Chains don't kill people.  Dogs on chains kill people.   ::)

And speaking of the second ammendment, my favorite quote ever:

"Guns don't kill people.  3/4 inch holes in the head kill people."

Oooo, I like that     8)
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle