Author Topic: I told you it was about time for Osama to bail out his Repub pals  (Read 9736 times)

Mucho

Re: I told you it was about time for Osama to bail out his Repub pals
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2006, 07:49:33 PM »
There was no good proof until after 2000 that Osama was even involved:

It was known in 1995 that Al Queda was involved in the 1993 Twin Towers bombing.

I don't think that the Kobat towers , Kenyan and Tanzasnean embassys or attempts to bring down a group of aircraft over the Pacific were entirely mysterious either.

Doesn't this point up the problems of treating a war like a law enforcement problem?

As tragic as all that was , they did not result in wide scale loss of US life as Bushes inattention before 9/11 when he was warned  and given a plan nor the addition nearly 3000 US troops that died in vain in Iraq since .It was a law enforcement problem before Bush screwed things up.
I believe that plan would have worked for Bill given enough time and would have surely been attended to by Al Gore.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2006, 07:54:22 PM »
Doesn't matter which Bin Laden designed attack was more tragic.

You made a statement that Clinton would have gotten Bin Laden during his presidency. He didn't and you have been backpedalling ever since.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2006, 07:54:36 PM »
There was no good proof until after 2000 that Osama was even involved:

It was known in 1995 that Al Queda was involved in the 1993 Twin Towers bombing.

I don't think that the Kobat towers , Kenyan and Tanzasnean embassys or attempts to bring down a group of aircraft over the Pacific were entirely mysterious either.

Doesn't this point up the problems of treating a war like a law enforcement problem?

As tragic as all that was , they did not result in wide scale loss of US life as Bushes inattention before 9/11 when he was warned  and given a plan nor the addition nearly 3000 US troops that died in vain in Iraq since .It was a law enforcement problem before Bush screwed things up.
I believe that plan would have worked for Bill given enough time and would have surely been attended to by Al Gore.

To me it looks like a process of steady escalation as Al Queda learned methods and gained recorces and people that it could use.

I do not know if there was ever a time that the capture or killing of a few Al Queda officers would have been enough to do.

Mucho

« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2006, 09:17:27 PM »
Actually Bill DID catch the 1st WTC bombers because they were as greedy and stupid as Repubs.

The Annoying One

The 1993 World Trade Center attack was, it is generally held, an attempt to make one of the towers fall over onto the other, collapsing both, and then sending a huge plume of cyanide gas into New York City. Assuming every single planned aspect of the attack had followed through, tens of thousands would have died. This would have been an unforgettable holocaust across the city as the towers toppled onto whatever lay in the direction they fell.
It didn't quite work out that way, and in fact the general rule that terrorist cells tend to be quasi-fuckups at operations held true once more. The truck that lay against a wall in the parking garage was entirely too weak to do the job, and just succeeded in blowing a big hole beneath it. The cyanide gas, instead of blowing across the city in a fearsome tidal wave of death, instead was obliterated in the heat of the explosion. In all, a half-dozen were dead, and while everyone was shocked and dismayed, it seemed quite provincial in its scope: no dead children to grab the hearts of Americans (as occurred in the later Oklahoma City bombing), just some fuckery in downtown Manhattan.

The explosion didn't even obliterate the van that the explosives and gas were stored in; the massive army of inspectors, investigators and cops that overran the parking garage found pieces of it within days. As luck had it, the vehicle identification number (VIN) of the van was etched into one of the pieces. The feds talked to the Ryder rental agency that the van came from, and they indicated that the owners had reported the van stolen. And then came the phone call. Yes, that's right, the geniuses behind the attack had called to ask for the deposit on the van back. Busted                http://www.rotten.com/library/history/wtc/