Author Topic: Marriage is now allowed for gays in Florida.  (Read 13321 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Marriage is now allowed for gays in Florida.
« Reply #120 on: January 22, 2015, 11:28:57 AM »
I am not jealous of Rupert Murdock. I am retired and have everything I need.

And this "duly noted" crap is getting old. You sound just like the Commissar that says the same crap to Yuro Zhivago when he mentions that an old woman in his house has died of cholera.

No one in his right mind would ever appoint a feeble thinker like you to the post of Commissar.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #121 on: January 22, 2015, 12:17:21 PM »
Naaaa, the way you talk about all the great cars and stuff they have, demonstrates an apparent level of jealously.  And I have no desire for any official position.  I'm just fine highlighting every which way your accusations are wrong, and when they're supported by nothing more than ..... your duly noted hard core leftiest opinion
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #122 on: January 22, 2015, 09:43:19 PM »
How much work do you reckon Rupert Murdock does in a day?

There are hundreds of trust fund clowns here in Miami, driving up and down I-95 in their 9-11's,  Ferraris and Lamborginis that have never done a lick of work in their entire lives.

The amount of work done is rarely related to the salary received or the usefulness of the work done.

You are highly mixing the apples with the oranges there.

Or perhaps it is just your POV about fairness?

Do you think it so unfair that some people work harder for a dollar than others do?

So bad that you would welcome a situation in which no one needed to work hard at all to get dollars?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #123 on: January 22, 2015, 09:50:20 PM »
The difficulty with which people work is almost completely unrelated to the amount they get paid to do so.

Again, this is a very, very wealthy country. There is no reason why everyone should not have the education they need to reach their maximum potential, or have a decent place to live and enough food to eat.

Instead. we piss away vast fortunes on unwanted aircraft carrriers, unspeakably expensive aircraft that no one needs, and war after war after war.

And all the increase in productivity we have had in the last ten years went to the top 1%, which none of you Republicans will ever join.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #124 on: January 22, 2015, 10:52:31 PM »
The difficulty with which people work is almost completely unrelated to the amount they get paid to do so.

Again, this is a very, very wealthy country. There is no reason why everyone should not have the education they need to reach their maximum potential, or have a decent place to live and enough food to eat.

Instead. we piss away vast fortunes on unwanted aircraft carrriers, unspeakably expensive aircraft that no one needs, and war after war after war.

And all the increase in productivity we have had in the last ten years went to the top 1%, which none of you Republicans will ever join.

If you reverse each of these points I would be a bit more in agreement.

Republicans and non-republicans , there ater a lot of Americans that don't want to get ahead by robbing the rich.

The difficulty of a job is one of several factors that determines how much it is worth, if difficulty was the sole determinant no one would make much more than waitresses.

Investment and education and preparation are the reason that Plumbers make more than Carpet layers and doctors(MD) make more than Secretary's.

A Merchant decides what his own pay should be, Warren Buffet has done almost nothing all his life but buy and sell and advise on buying and selling.

Champion athletes make much or little depending mostly on the size of the fan base. If you can throw a strike twenty times in a row you are worth a lot because there are a lot of fans of baseball, or less if the strikes are in a bowling alley, not because the skill is less, but because the contributors are fewer.

Worst of all , is the civil servant whose pay depends literally on acts of congress and the pleasure of the president. I have had one raise in the last six years , and it wasn't a big one.

Should the government be deciding what people should be making and keeping?

My personal experience doesn't lead me to recommend it.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #125 on: January 22, 2015, 11:24:59 PM »
The government of this country could end poverty in this country in a span of ten years.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #126 on: January 22, 2015, 11:29:49 PM »
Should the government be deciding what people should be making and keeping?

My personal experience doesn't lead me to recommend it.

Wiser words have never been spoken     8)
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #127 on: January 23, 2015, 12:08:35 AM »
The government of this country could end poverty in this country in a span of ten years.

I wish you would expand on this .

To me it sounds as if you are promoting perpetual motion or that entropy could be repealed by an act of law.

Poverty is a relative condition, there is no possibility of its being eliminated.

Today in America , a poor man might own a car and a few TVs and live in a house , and have fat children.
     He is poor because he is being compared with his contemporaries,  if he were compared with his ancestors he would not seem quite as poor.

By the way , I look forward to having Homeless people again soon after we elect a Republican. Whenever a Democrat is in the White House , the problems of the homeless disappear entirely.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #128 on: January 23, 2015, 12:52:03 AM »
     By the way , I look forward to having Homeless people again soon after we elect a Republican. Whenever a Democrat is in the White House , the problems of the homeless disappear entirely.

LOL....boy ain't that the truth.  What do you think...a month?  Maybe 3? 

Don't forget "Big Oil", as in if the gas prices are low, then obviously it's "Big oil" helping out the Republican President.  And of it goes up, then it's obviously the President helping out his buddies in "Big oil" 

And don't even get me started on the unemployment #'s.  Remember under Bush, and the unemployment #'s was around 4%?  The big criticism then was the apparent lack of quality of the employment.  Too many fry cooks at McD's, or something like that.  Now we have the greatest amount of people, EVER, that have completely dropped out of the job market.  But don't worry, we'll start hearing that number repeated adnauseum, once a GOP President resumes the office of the President

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #129 on: January 23, 2015, 10:03:18 AM »
We won't be electing any more Republican't presidents for a long time.

Jebbie? The Mittster? Huckadoodle? Santorum?  O, Please.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #130 on: January 23, 2015, 11:43:44 PM »
We won't be electing any more Republican't presidents for a long time.

Jebbie? The Mittster? Huckadoodle? Santorum?  O, Please.

Vs Hillary? the mother of lies?

Yes any of them.

If you ever catch Hillary telling the truth , mark it on the calendar.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #131 on: January 24, 2015, 12:30:57 AM »
Oh, I think Obama may beat out Hillary, on that one

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #132 on: January 24, 2015, 10:08:26 AM »
Hillary mentions that after they left the WH, she FELT poor. She did not say she actually experienced poverty. She and Bill did not leave DC carrying bindles or evemn on the Greyhound. It's like Nixon telling of how he was so poor that his car was an Olds with over 100,000 miles on it. How Hillary felt in 2001 has zilch to do with her ability to govern this country. This is just typical Limbaugh crapola.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #133 on: January 24, 2015, 10:30:46 AM »
No, she didn't convey a "feeling"...she declared they were broke

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #134 on: January 24, 2015, 08:41:02 PM »
  Do you really think that Hillary Clinton can rise to the standard of Richard Nixon?

Especially in the honesty department , this seems like a stretch.