Author Topic: Israel Moves on From Muslim Turkey to new stategic partner Greece.  (Read 10829 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Israel Moves on From Muslim Turkey to new stategic partner Greece.
« Reply #90 on: July 09, 2010, 09:31:51 PM »
A few more clips here , along with some complaining that there must be more.

The entire event was theater , are we gonna complain always about the stage management ?

I want to complain that I am tired of being the audience for this staged show.

Those images of commandos being attacked with clubs and chairs are lacking context. Were they shot before or after the boarding party started using force? One thing that we know the Israeli military’s footage does not show is any of the shooting of activists by its commandos. If footage of that exists, the military has chosen not to release it.

Likewise, supporters of the activists pointed only to those  initial images that showed bloody victims of the raid, not any sort of violent clashes between the pro-Palestinian campaigners and the Israelis.

Obviously the world would get a more complete picture of what took place on Monday if all of the video shot from both sides was released and posted online. At the moment, we are forced to rely on clips of the encounter that are only partial and fragmentary, as if this was the Zapruder film. The complete, original video is very likely time-coded and in the control of Israel’s military. If the I.D.F. wants to present a complete picture of what happened, or when certain parts of the encounter were filmed, it could release the unedited footage.
http://thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/06/02/complete-video-of-israeli-raid-still-missing/

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #91 on: July 09, 2010, 09:54:22 PM »
Gaza flotilla participants invoked killing of Jews
Censored Footage from the Gaza Flotilla - How Violence Breaks Out
Censored Footage from the Gaza Flotilla - How Violence Breaks Out

Little bit from one side , then a little bit from another.

Was anyone involved interested in the truth at all?

Everybody goes home and gets beleived no matter what they say, and the video evidence is edited so much that being fairminded would make you disbeleive them all.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 10:17:09 PM by Plane »

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #92 on: July 09, 2010, 10:58:05 PM »
<<Little bit from one side , then a little bit from another.

<<Was anyone involved interested in the truth at all?

<<Everybody goes home and gets beleived no matter what they say, and the video evidence is edited so much that being fairminded would make you disbeleive them all.>>

I dunno.  Maybe the passengers were more violent than I first believed.  But why should they allow their ship to be boarded without permission?  Why can't they repel boarders?  Americans would.  And . . .

If the Israeli soldier was stabbed repeatedly in the back, where's the guy now?  Where are the hospital records? 

The Israelis shot the whole thing on videotape, they grabbed all the film and cameras from the passengers, they've got the whole archive - - yet not a single shot of an Israeli soldier shooting a passenger.  Nine killed and dozens wounded but not a single one of those shootings released?  It stinks on ice.  They show the most provocative,  inflammatory videotapes of the passengers' assault on the IDF but not one second of their own assault on the passengers.  That's how I know the Israeli side is bullshit.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #93 on: July 09, 2010, 11:10:32 PM »
<<Little bit from one side , then a little bit from another.

<<Was anyone involved interested in the truth at all?

<<Everybody goes home and gets beleived no matter what they say, and the video evidence is edited so much that being fairminded would make you disbeleive them all.>>

I dunno.  Maybe the passengers were more violent than I first believed.  But why should they allow their ship to be boarded without permission?  Why can't they repel boarders?  Americans would.  And . . .

If the Israeli soldier was stabbed repeatedly in the back, where's the guy now?  Where are the hospital records? 

The Israelis shot the whole thing on videotape, they grabbed all the film and cameras from the passengers, they've got the whole archive - - yet not a single shot of an Israeli soldier shooting a passenger.  Nine killed and dozens wounded but not a single one of those shootings released?  It stinks on ice.  They show the most provocative,  inflammatory videotapes of the passengers' assault on the IDF but not one second of their own assault on the passengers.  That's how I know the Israeli side is bullshit.

I am not totally satisfied , but I know that the stabbing guy stabbed before he was shot.  I have a hard time imagineing a timeline possibility in which the guns were used before the knives and clubs .

This video was cast live from the ship during the incident , it is the only little bit that hasn't been edited by either side.

I feel that somewhere photoshop preparations are busy improving the tapes we will see next week , and I don't think either of these sides are above that sort of tactic.

For perfect credability there should have been cameras handed to neutral partys without any opportunities for edit , since this didn't happen credability depends on the credulity of the beholder.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #94 on: July 09, 2010, 11:21:41 PM »
Apart from the sequence, I have some trouble with the idea of boarding the ship in the first place --  sending armed commandos into hundreds of activists who the Israelis now claim are terrorists and terrorist agents (what the hell is a "terrorist agent?"  Do they get 10% of the value of anything that their terrorists blow up?) as if they didn't know this would result in a lot of bloodshed.  Maybe it was the Israelis trying to produce some "live theatre" in which their own commandos would be injured or killed, discrediting anyone asking for the siege of Gaza to be lifted.

The decision to board the ship with lethally armed commandos when it could easily have been immobilized and then towed has to be a deliberate attempt to provoke deadly violence.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #95 on: July 10, 2010, 12:16:40 AM »
Immobilised and towed?

With a giant magnet or what?

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #96 on: July 10, 2010, 09:30:50 AM »
<<Immobilised and towed?

<<With a giant magnet or what?>>

You know better than that.  They foul the propellor and tow the ship.  Either the tow rope can be attached without the passengers' cooperation or they just let the immobilized ship drift till the passengers accept the tow.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #97 on: July 11, 2010, 06:26:08 AM »
<<Immobilised and towed?

<<With a giant magnet or what?>>

You know better than that.  They foul the propellor and tow the ship.  Either the tow rope can be attached without the passengers' cooperation or they just let the immobilized ship drift till the passengers accept the tow.

That sounds like something that might work.

Has this ever been done on purpose?

I know it has happened by accident many times.

How would one controll the event?

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #98 on: July 11, 2010, 09:35:50 AM »
Easiest way I can think of is two fast ships flanking the target ship behind, then moving forward in tandem, one on each side of the target, with a big cable or rope strung from one deck to the other.  Just before they draw astern of the target, they move in closer to it from each side to put some slack in the rope, give it a bit of a U-shape and allowing it to drop into the water slightly and continue moving forward alongside the target till the partially-submerged rope contacts the prop, at which time the lines holding the rope to each ship are cut. 

What I'm not sure of is if a tow rope can be affixed to the ship in such a way that the passengers or crew can't get at it to sever it.  Ideally there'd be something under the waterline that frogmen could use to tie the tow-rope to, otherwise I'd just offer the tow and stand by till the passengers and crew accept it from sheer necessity.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #99 on: July 11, 2010, 06:30:51 PM »
Easiest way I can think of is two fast ships flanking the target ship behind, then moving forward in tandem, one on each side of the target, with a big cable or rope strung from one deck to the other.  Just before they draw astern of the target, they move in closer to it from each side to put some slack in the rope, give it a bit of a U-shape and allowing it to drop into the water slightly and continue moving forward alongside the target till the partially-submerged rope contacts the prop, at which time the lines holding the rope to each ship are cut. 

What I'm not sure of is if a tow rope can be affixed to the ship in such a way that the passengers or crew can't get at it to sever it.  Ideally there'd be something under the waterline that frogmen could use to tie the tow-rope to, otherwise I'd just offer the tow and stand by till the passengers and crew accept it from sheer necessity.

If your tangle rope were heavy enough to tow with , then your method would have two ships attached to the screw.

You should take out a patent.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #100 on: July 11, 2010, 11:02:20 PM »
No, because the tangle rope might become disentangled from the prop during towing.  I figure once the prop was fouled, the captain would stop the engines and it's just chance how tightly the rope is wound into the prop.  Or not.