Author Topic: Liberal Left is mad as hell at Obama for supporting Bush tax cuts  (Read 22400 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Liberal Left is mad as hell at Obama for supporting Bush tax cuts
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2010, 03:22:07 PM »
Perhaps, but definately not business friendly, is it.  

Once again, it depends upon what the employees do with the money.

Yes, and no.  One might spend more on products, which in theory might help grow said business.  But there's no incentive to the Business to facilitate folks coming in to by their products.  As you said, its half assed

Yep, yep, but I doubt the last.  Too many folks, and too grossly unfair to those that had money taken out for "them", for it not to be returned, when they're entitled to it.  the bigger point though was that again, if this were Bush and the GOP passing this, it'd be widranging Democrat and MSM outrage.  Then again, if it were Bush and the GOP, we'd likely not be in this bad an economic mess, but they'd still cry outrage

This recession started under Bush, the TARP bailouts were his doing.

You must have missed the part where I never gave Bush and the prior GOP majority a free ride, on the mess they were putting us in.  Not surprising

And the GOP didn't lower payroll taxes when they had the chance so we don't know what the MSM would have said.

Given their clear track record, I sure as hell know
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2010, 03:27:30 PM »
this can hurt alot.

pretty much the economy is dependent on it`s citizens ignorance of personal finance. it is in ones personal interest to always save money, but the economy`s growth was caused by too many plasma tv purchases.

so that extra money on the paycheck may cause some future problems

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2010, 03:32:08 PM »
But there's no incentive to the Business to facilitate folks coming in to by their products.

Ummm It's called profit.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2010, 03:35:33 PM »
Then again, if it were Bush and the GOP, we'd likely not be in this bad an economic mess.....

What does that mean?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2010, 03:49:17 PM »
But there's no incentive to the Business to facilitate folks coming in to buy their products.

Ummm It's called profit.

Ummm, that's a given.   ::)    The issue is that with the gross uncertainty permeating the entire economic structure of this country, businesses were more inclined to make a profit with as little employee hiring as possible.  And it soon became apparent it was mostly about employee firing....at least in the private sector.

Then again, if it were Bush and the GOP, we'd likely not be in this bad an economic mess.....

What does that mean?

I thought that was pretty clear.  We'd be in a mess, just not as bad as it now is, under Obama & the Dems.  Do you need more clarity?
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2010, 04:27:26 PM »
We'd be in a mess, just not as bad as it now is, under Obama & the Dems.

How do you know that? What specifically has Obama done that has affected the GNP?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2010, 04:40:25 PM »
What specifically has Obama (and the Dems) done??  Yea, that debt would have been just as bad under Bush.  Yea, that Deficit spending would have been just as horrendous.  And the near complete Federal take over of the healthcare, banking, student loan, and various car industries were definately on Bush's agenda. 

You smoking up that good stuff again?

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2010, 04:43:07 PM »
The issue is that with the gross uncertainty permeating the entire economic structure of this country, businesses were more inclined to make a profit with as little employee hiring as possible.  And it soon became apparent it was mostly about employee firing....at least in the private sector.

Even during good times businesses try to maintain lean staffing to maximize profits to be reinvested in growth. What is it that you want Obama to do?

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2010, 04:55:22 PM »
What specifically has Obama (and the Dems) done??  Yea, that debt would have been just as bad under Bush.  Yea, that Deficit spending would have been just as horrendous.  And the near complete Federal take over of the healthcare, banking, student loan, and various car industries were definately on Bush's agenda.

What part of ObamaCare has been implemented that has affected the economy.

What has Obama done to the banking industry?

What did Obama do to Ford?

You sure you want to make this personal?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2010, 05:08:26 PM »

What part of ObamaCare has been implemented that has affected the economy.

THE UNCERTAINTY...of everything.  From the quality of the care, to premiums, to access, to waiting in lines, to how it's going to be paid for, to how much taxes may be raised and/or how much greater in debt we're to go into, for it to even get started.  Already, company after Union after comany is getting waivers of this supposed grand correction to our healthcare woes

What has Obama done to the banking industry?  What did Obama do to Ford?

The Government has no business taking our tax dollars, and bailing out private organizations.

The issue is that with the gross uncertainty permeating the entire economic structure of this country, businesses were more inclined to make a profit with as little employee hiring as possible.  And it soon became apparent it was mostly about employee firing....at least in the private sector.

Even during good times businesses try to maintain lean staffing to maximize profits to be reinvested in growth. What is it that you want Obama to do?

Get out of the way.  Less regulations, not more.  Less Fed intervention, not more.  Less spending, not more.  Less impeding of Private Enterprise, not more

For those companies that are about to go bankrupt....there was a reason.  Some other entrepreneur will come in and revitalize it.  If it takes off, more jobs, more revenue for the treasury.  And if they don't, at least they tried with their money, not the tax payers, and someone(s) else comes in

You sure you want to make this personal?

It's a jest made in reference to when someone is speaking kinda.....crazy like.  Why?, do you actually smoke the stuff??  Personal is calling people names, insisting that their comments don't matter, making derrogatory references to family, garbage like that.  You must be uber sensitive to think I'm trying to "get personal".  If so, my apologies

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2010, 05:32:45 PM »
THE UNCERTAINTY...of everything.  From the quality of the care, to premiums, to access, to waiting in lines, to how it's going to be paid for, to how much taxes may be raised and/or how much greater in debt we're to go into, for it to even get started.  Already, company after Union after comany is getting waivers of this supposed grand correction to our healthcare woes

So nothing really concrete has happened yet. The only thing that has happened is that anyone with a decent lobbyist can get a waiver to circumvent the law.

Quote from: BT on Today at 03:55:22 PM

The Government has no business taking our tax dollars, and bailing out private organizations.

So what did the Government do to Ford?

It's a jest made in reference to when someone is speaking kinda.....crazy like.

We can disagree without calling sanity into question.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2010, 05:56:33 PM »

So nothing really concrete has happened yet. The only thing that has happened is that anyone with a decent lobbyist can get a waiver to circumvent the law.

And all that uncertainty I mentioned above, (uncertainty that you yourself have acknolwedged was one of the biggest obstacles to economic recovery) that has rooted itself in business, small and large, across the country

Quote from: BT on Today at 03:55:22 PM

So what did the Government do to Ford?

I don't recall them doing anything to Ford.  Last I checked it was GM

It's a jest made in reference to when someone is speaking kinda.....crazy like.

We can disagree without calling sanity into question.

As I said, if you're being uber sensitive to be questioned as to how radical your thought process was running.....well, I don't know what to tell yas.....I formally disagree with your prior assessment processing

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2010, 06:10:20 PM »
The government bailed out Chrysler in 1983. Chrysler then began producing the K-cars, which sold well enough with Lee Iacocca advertising them, to allow Chrysler to pay off the loan guarantee before it was due to expire.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2010, 06:12:24 PM »
I don't recall them doing anything to Ford.  Last I checked it was GM

So they collateralized their loans to GM. And you object to them securing the loan?

And all that uncertainty I mentioned above, (uncertainty that you yourself have acknolwedged was one of the biggest obstacles to economic recovery) that has rooted itself in business, small and large, across the country

The uncertainty primarily had to do with potentially increased tax burdens. Apparently that has been taken care of.

As I said, if you're being uber sensitive to be questioned as to how radical your thought process was running.....well, I don't know what to tell yas.....I formally disagree with your prior assessment processing

Oh i'm not uber sensitive to any names you could call me or any characterization of my thought process, you may feel like applying.  You had gone down that road numerous times in the last couple days and I was just curious if that was the way you wanted to play it.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2010, 06:20:11 PM »
I reject to our tax dollars being used to bail out a private organization.  And the uncertaintly remains, including that of the tax burdens, as your initial article itself referenced

And glad we got that cleared up on not being sensitive to name calling.  Especially, since I never did today, or even "the last couple days".  And I'm sure we don't want to go down your road of what you've been doing the last several weeks, if not months

So, we'll just disagree at this point

The government bailed out Chrysler in 1983. Chrysler then began producing the K-cars, which sold well enough with Lee Iacocca advertising them, to allow Chrysler to pay off the loan guarantee before it was due to expire.

Yea, so how's that Chrysler thing working out?