Author Topic: Bin Laden Dead!  (Read 22307 times)

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Bin Laden Dead!
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2011, 12:38:27 PM »
This was done professionally and well......It will certainly gain Obama votes in November 2012.

I wouldn't be so sure of anything.
Obama killed Osama and deserves credit.
But Al Qaeda will probably strike back at the US with a vengeance before 2012.
Depending on how Obama reacts will determine his reelection. (besides the economy)
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2011, 01:05:06 PM »
I seriously doubt that there is any way the political troglodytes on this site would ever vote to reelect President Obama. They have already decided to vote against him rather than FOR any specific Republican and a schmuck like The Donald, who has no actual political stance and simply crave publicity. But the President will not be elected by you, who are in a shrinking minority.

If Al Qaeda could not act before Osama's death, how are they going to be able to do so afterward?

I do not advocate letting down our guard, but I deem any spectacular revenge to be unlikely.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2011, 01:13:50 PM »
I seriously doubt that there is any way the political troglodytes on this site would ever vote to reelect President Obama.

"Ever" is a long word!
I have already committed to voting for Obama 2012
if he takes out and/or attacks the center of all Muslim mischief...A.K.A. IRAN.
Real regime change in Iran and I vote Obama 2012!

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2011, 01:15:47 PM »
If Al Qaeda could not act before Osama's death, how are they going to be able to do so afterward?

Sadly....I think you will live to regret this statement.

Actually it is an indication of how little Americans understand "The Long War".

Henny

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2011, 01:22:26 PM »
I have just come back from a long day at work, while co-workers decided it was their job to tell me:

1) 9/11 was a conspiracy planned by the American government or Israel or fill-in-the-blank

2) Osama bin Laden is not dead or Osama bin Laden has been dead for a long time. And that burying him at sea is proof that he either is not dead or has been dead for a long time.

Quite honestly, I found the whole thing really offensive because *I* was personally overjoyed at the news I woke up to today. And I am first, foremost and primarily an American. This news caused a surge of patriotism for me.

But Arabs live and die by conspiracy theories. They almost all fit right in with the tin-foil beanie wearers we all know and revile. And nothing - NOTHING - will convince them that there isn't a conspiracy; in fact, proof just deepens the conspiracy for them.

Argh. So I came here looking for some non-partisan joy with fellow Americans... and I found it.

Thank you Bush, thank you Obama. A job well done.

Henny

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2011, 01:24:35 PM »
I do not advocate letting down our guard, but I deem any spectacular revenge to be unlikely.

We (Americans in Jordan) have all received phone calls and emails from the Embassy in Amman advising Americans to stay at home until further notice. Interesting. I don't think my boss is going for it, but interesting nonetheless.

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2011, 01:30:35 PM »
Then look at the bitter hacks....they cant help themselves.....
Gotta get their partisanship to the front.....and even attack Bush
How sick!

Partisanship? As I look at my voter registration card, it still says 'Republican'. Has for 36 years. Dolt.

And I attack Bush and his  thugs because they were the morons that gave Osama an extra eight years to hide and plot, after they pulled troops from Afghanistan to go on a wild goose chase in Iraq.
"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2011, 01:36:35 PM »
Is it a surprise who the two are.....?
when all Americans are rejoicing about a victory for our country......
that the very first thing they post on this subject is partisan?
Hardly.....
Look at my first post....nonpartisan
Look at Pooch's first post.....nonpartisan
Look at Kramer's first post.....nonpartisan
Look at BT's first post....nonpartisan
Look at SIRS first post giving Obama and Bush credit.

Then look at the bitter hacks....they cant help themselves.....
Gotta get their partisanship to the front.....and even attack Bush
How sick!

As details emerge....officials state that very important intel
regarding this victory came from Guantanamo.
Ya know the Guantanamo many from their side have condemned and been outraged about.

Yes this victory happened under Obama's watch and he deserves credit.....
but it is amazing to watch people's first, honest reaction
country or bitter partisanship......
because it speaks volumes about who they are.

Thanks C.  Good conclusions as well, IMHO
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2011, 01:41:16 PM »
Partisanship? As I look at my voter registration card, it still says 'Republican'. Has for 36 years. Dolt.

Yeah you're real brave name calling over the internet.
Republican! Ha....yeah sure.
RINO bitching about Bush for years!
BoooWho it's Bush's fault.
Put it on your tombstone!
Whine for eternity!

And I attack Bush and his  thugs because they were the morons that gave Osama an extra eight years to hide and plot, after they pulled troops from Afghanistan to go on a wild goose chase in Iraq.

You attack Bush because you are hater and cant rejoice as an American
at such news and need to use an event like this to take shots at political
opponents. Even XO didnt do that....you are a freaking disgrace.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 01:47:53 PM by Christians4LessGvt »

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2011, 01:49:10 PM »
Argh. So I came here looking for some non-partisan joy with fellow Americans...and I found it.

I agree Henny!
Be safe.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2011, 01:55:57 PM »
I have just come back from a long day at work, while co-workers decided it was their job to tell me:

1) 9/11 was a conspiracy planned by the American government or Israel or fill-in-the-blank

2) Osama bin Laden is not dead or Osama bin Laden has been dead for a long time. And that burying him at sea is proof that he either is not dead or has been dead for a long time.

Quite honestly, I found the whole thing really offensive because *I* was personally overjoyed at the news I woke up to today. And I am first, foremost and primarily an American. This news caused a surge of patriotism for me.

But Arabs live and die by conspiracy theories. They almost all fit right in with the tin-foil beanie wearers we all know and revile. And nothing - NOTHING - will convince them that there isn't a conspiracy; in fact, proof just deepens the conspiracy for them.

Argh. So I came here looking for some non-partisan joy with fellow Americans... and I found it.

Miss Henny, I didn't receive any phone calls or e-mailings, but I share the concern that prompted them.  The snake's head has been cut off.  At least the biggest head.  It's going to flail now, try to demonstrate that they are "just fine".  I fear several small terrorist acts will be attempted, with possible death as a result of their acts.  Likely not massive in any way, but AlQeada has been dealt a huge PR & operations blow.  They're gonna want to strike.  Please watch over yourself and your loved ones.  Keep a vigilant eye

Maybe you can answer this, with some experience to the region.  If we have been hunting Bin Laden all this time, him fleeing Afghanistan into Pakistan, and we supposedly have been working with the Pakistani Government on trying to locate his hole in the side of a mountain, how is it he's killed within this apparent massive complex/mansion, deep in the heart of Islamabad, downtown central Pakistan?  Was their Government that blinded to his whereabouts.........or that helpful to him?
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2011, 03:02:21 PM »
It will certainly gain Obama votes in November 2012. Not enough, not near enough
To quote the Dems when Bush 1 was was running for term 2 -- It's About the Economy Stupid! Obama is running for term 2 and it's still about the economy stupid!

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2011, 03:51:39 PM »
Rofl, a drive-by twofer for your amusement...

"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: May 02, 2011, 04:44:22 PM »
Why do US officials link
Bin Laden killing with the Arab Revolt?

DEBKAfile Exclusive Analysis May 2, 2011, 10:28 PM (GMT+02:00)

Osama bin Laden's bloodstained room, bed and passports.

The photos released of the fortified villa in Abbottabad, Pakistan, where Osama bin Laden died on Sunday night, May 2, show a satellite dish as well as cables and wires snaking along the outer and inner walls. Smashed computers appear in shots of the interior rooms. Far from dispensing with electronic devices and Internet connections as widely reported, the fortress that was the al Qaeda leader's last haven proves to have been equipped with both.

All this up-to-date electronic technology would have opened the six-year old building wide to outside intelligence penetration and surveillance. Bin Laden additionally suffered from a kidney disease and was dependent on dialysis treatment and outside medical care - another porthole into the Bin Laden's establishment.

There was no need therefore to follow the trail of the couriers described as leading the CIA to the hideout of the most wanted terrorist in the world. He occupied a large three-storey building which stuck out on the skyline of the Pakistani garrison town of Abbottabad, 120 kilometers from Islamabad, and towered over neighboring buildings. Pakistani intelligence must have been curious, to say the least, about this sizeable compound when it was built in 2005 just 100 meters from a military academy in a small town housing a military base and generals' residences.

Therefore, the repeated statements by US officials that the Navy Seals' special operation took place without Pakistani knowledge sounds like a hollow attempt to absolve Islamabad of involvement in the killing of the arch terrorist in the eyes of the Muslim world.

US President Barack Obama said he received his first lead to bin Laden's whereabouts last August. Why then did it take nine months for him to order the targeted operation? And why did the US intelligence and military need all that time to prepare it?

They are only two of the puzzling questions surrounding the episode. Might the answers lie in its juxtaposition with the Arab Revolt, or Arab Spring, which flared first in Tunisia in December 2010, then spread to Egypt and played out in February 2011 and flared in Syria in April 2011?

Was al Qaeda's spirit and mastermind eliminated before his networks could move in on the national and Islamic struggles which are still unfolding in Tunis, Cairo, Tripoli and Damascus?
The linkage was drawn by US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton in her first statement on the master-terrorist's death Monday: "history would record that bin Laden's death had come at a time when peoples in the Middle East and North Africa were rejecting the extremist narrative and were standing up for freedom and democracy."

Obama's adviser on terror John Brennan said later: "I would hope that the people of the Middle East will understand that the time for terror is over."

That of course will depend on how those peoples view the US targeted operation to kill the head of al Qaeda.  The reaction in some places was of disbelief in the American claim to have killed him and demands for proof of his identity. The statement by "an American intelligence official" to Reuter was not helpful. He said "US Special forces set out to kill Osama bin Laden and dump his body in the sea to make it harder for the al Qaeda founder to become a martyr."

The head of the Al-Azhar Supreme Sunni Council of Egypt reacted by condemning the dumping of bin Laden's body in the sea as violating the tenets of Islam and human norms.

It was noted in Arab capitals, that he was killed in the second US targeted operation against an Arab leader in three days , NATO failed in its attempt to kill Libyan ruler Muammar Qaddafi Saturday night, April 30.

At his news briefing Monday night, John Brennan tried to soften the hard edges of resentment building up in Arab and Muslim opinion. To settle questions about identity, he reported that a DNA test had showed a 99.9 percent match against his relatives, but declined to say if and when photos of his body would be released.. 

Obama's adviser on terror went on to insist that Bin Laden had been given a religious Muslim funeral before being buried at sea. He also explained that the al Qaeda leader would have been taken alive had there been the opportunity.

Brennan disclosed that a large quantity of documents had been seized in the Abbottabad villa and was being checked. He added that it was inconceivable that the dead terrorist did not have a support system.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 04:55:21 PM by Christians4LessGvt »

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: May 02, 2011, 04:47:29 PM »