Author Topic: Bin Laden Dead!  (Read 22306 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Bin Laden Dead!
« Reply #90 on: May 04, 2011, 02:41:47 PM »
If you are going to speak volumes, please clean up after yourself.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #91 on: May 04, 2011, 02:45:46 PM »
For a supposed language professor, not only do you fail to understand points of view being presented, you will frequently make no sense in trying to spew your own opinion.  Case in point, with that last posting
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #92 on: May 04, 2011, 10:56:13 PM »
Well, they don't refer to JSOC as Murder Incorporated for nothing. Bin Laden had zero chance of being captured. Once killed they no other place to but him but in the ocean. While it may fuel conspiracy theories anything and everything fuels conspiracy theories in the middle east. Let them think what they want just don't give them a real burial plot to go to.

As for a photograph? He was shot above the left eye. One third of his skull was probably blown off. Imagine what kind of reaction that image would fuel among some muslims?  Remember the reaction to other pictures of our handy work? That's why no photo, for right now anyway.

BSB

Do you think the SEALS would be useing pistols or other wepons?

The condition of the body might make a diffrence when the photo comes out , but it probly makes no diffrence to Osama.

I am surprised that Osama was not rigged with more wepons , pistols, grenades ,suicide belt, etc..   Could he possibly have not expected such a raid to eventually happen?

I suppose he considered himself safe , but I am quite surprised at this.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #93 on: May 04, 2011, 10:58:56 PM »
Thank you, Henny.

In a month or two, the entire story will be published,and of course, the usual conspiracy-loving clowns will make up their own stories.

The essence swill still be that the CIA planned the mission, Obama approved it and the Seals carried it out without a hitch.

Coming soon to a theater near you!

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #94 on: May 04, 2011, 11:05:58 PM »
     I have to suppose that the Government of Packistan understood what had happened very shortly after the event.
     Probly immediately.

But it was President Obama that broke the news after sitting on the info several days.

Why didn't the Packistanis Government , press or public break this story?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #95 on: May 04, 2011, 11:08:16 PM »
Do you think the SEALS would be useing pistols or other weapons?

I'd opine that they entered having their 9MM's holstered, and entered with their assault rifles up.  Be it Mp5's or M4's, they're small enough for close quarters combat, but with plenty of firepower to set down any group of guards unfortunate enough to try and raise their weapons

The condition of the body might make a diffrence when the photo comes out , but it probly makes no diffrence to Osama.

And there in lies the fuel to further conspiracy theories, by not releasing anything

"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BSB

« Reply #96 on: May 04, 2011, 11:45:09 PM »
Plane: "Do you think the SEALS would be useing pistols or other wepons?"

As Sirs pointed out they'd have both sidearms and long guns, plus, plus, plus. One "plus" could be stun grenades. It looks like one guy might have been killed by that sort of thing in the pics CU4 put up.   

SEALS are given a lot of latitude when it comes to their primary weapons. Some guys might prefer something in 7.62 vs 5.56 or 9mm. However, if the commander requests weapon integrity across the board then they have to carry the same primary weapon. Reasons for that kind of a request would vary from going in "clean", to everybody carrying the same ammo so that if you go down, for example, I can use your stuff.  But whatever they carry they know how to use big time. These guys can really shoot.

BSB

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #97 on: May 05, 2011, 06:21:44 PM »
Hehe....thanks C.  I figure if H is going to take some gratuitous shots at Bush, I figure what's good for the goose.....     ;)

[/quote]

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #98 on: May 08, 2011, 04:37:57 PM »

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #99 on: May 08, 2011, 05:24:00 PM »
Given the choice between celebrating a good economy, lower gas prices & lower unemployment stats or UBL's death I'll take the good economy any day.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #100 on: May 08, 2011, 05:58:55 PM »
Seems rather stupid to reveal capturing the treasure trove of information obtained during the execution. Loose lips sink ships, DUMB!

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #101 on: May 08, 2011, 06:11:24 PM »
It would be obvious to all but the truly mentally challenged that bin Laden's residence would have a lot of information and equally obvious that the CIA would not take it with them

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #102 on: May 08, 2011, 06:22:50 PM »
It would be obvious to all but the truly mentally challenged that bin Laden's residence would have a lot of information and equally obvious that the CIA would not take it with them

Now it's OBVIOUS, but if they had kept their mouths shut people would wonder. They (the terrorists) aren't wondering now. Plus not all these guys are as smart as you and BSB.

Do you think it was obvious that the Pakistani government knew that UBL was hiding in their country?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 06:28:56 PM by Kramer »