Author Topic: Four Freedoms  (Read 11480 times)

richpo64

Re: Four Freedoms
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2008, 11:25:45 AM »
>>Last I heard you don't need a permit to ask a question of a politician, especially if he wanders onto your lawn.<<

If Obama ever wanders onto your lawn, release the hounds.

It is truly revealing to see how the left has reacted to this. We already know Barry's truth squad is wandering around threatening law suites against anyone who they claim isn't telling the "truth" about Barry. Now we get to see the attack machine in all it's glory. America is getting to see exactly what these people are. Luckily it happened close enough to election to that it might just matter.

Poor Barry, he was born with a red spoon in his mouth.

_JS

• Salaires legers. Chars lourds.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2008, 01:25:34 PM »
The fact is this:

McCain created a fictional character based on a real person. It was a lie just like Ronnie's welfare queen. Only this time "Joe" was supposed to be the GOP archetype of the everyman who works hard, saves all his pennies, then buys his boss' business and makes a fortune. That archetype was placed against the negative stereotype of the Democrats as "redistributing the wealth" which would prevent McCain's protagonist from succeeding against the evil, faceless bureaucracy who takes "Joe's" hard-earned pennies and sends them to lazy welfare queens across the nation.

The problem is that none of it is reality. Any intelligent person knew that without having to intrude on "Joe's" life. Yet, once it was mentioned twenty-six times in the debate - the media descended because that is what they do. Whether you like it or not is irrelevant.

It was a complete work of fiction and the proof is there for anyone to see. It is a lie that is continually propagated by the right wing Missus - the very people you vote for and will continue to vote for. Whinging that it is Obama's fault will not change that continuing fallacy.
I smell something burning, hope it's just my brains.
They're only dropping peppermints and daisy-chains
   So stuff my nose with garlic
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster
   Tell me lies about Vietnam.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2008, 03:45:20 PM »
Whinging that it is Obama's fault will not change that continuing fallacy.

I didn't see in the original post where anyone blamed Obama. So that is a fiction.

I believe the blame was assigned to the same assholes who propagate the nonsense about the Palin family. You know. SOME Obama supporters.

Shall we revisit the litany of slurs leveled at them? Incest, Bristol, Trig etc?

Proud moments in surrogate history.

_JS

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2008, 04:04:32 PM »
I don't know anything about Obama surrogates Bt, or what they say (or have said). Nor do I care.

I don't see the difference in that and Palin saying that Obama "pals around with terrorists." When the man in question committed the act when Obama was a kid and is now a professor and respected figure (with whom some conservatives "pal'ed around with").

The fact remains that McCain's use of "Joe" was fictional. He was an archetype falsely constructed to present a false reality to the public.

Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster

Knutey

« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2008, 04:06:09 PM »
Whinging that it is Obama's fault will not change that continuing fallacy.

I didn't see in the original post where anyone blamed Obama. So that is a fiction.

I believe the blame was assigned to the same assholes who propagate the nonsense about the Palin family. You know. SOME Obama supporters.

Shall we revisit the litany of slurs leveled at them? Incest, Bristol, Trig etc?

Proud moments in surrogate history.

All you readers & lovers of the National Enquirer love those smears . It is the way you see reality and it gives you a chance to bitch and moan and blame this bullshit on you losing the election

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2008, 04:18:17 PM »
The Joe who asked Obama about taxes and got the response about redistribution of wealth was a real person.

His destruction by the press and by Obama surrogates is beyond the pale.

What next, burning down homes with McCain Palin signs.

Obama needs to settle down his own mob instead of whinging about GOP crowds.

Hard to claim the high road when both parties are in the ditch.

Knutey

« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2008, 04:22:03 PM »
The Joe who asked Obama about taxes and got the response about redistribution of wealth was a real person.

I saw Joe on ABC and he is not a real person. He is a RW nutcase like y'all.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2kTK5CrdZQ[/youtube]

_JS

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2008, 04:42:02 PM »

Oh please. Using some hyperbole?

I think that "Joe" will be just fine as none of the realities of his life are earth-shattering (or for that matter - interesting). And really...playing the victim? Isn't it a little early for that?
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2008, 04:47:37 PM »

I saw Joe on ABC and he is not a real person. He is a RW nutcase like y'all.

That ought to teach Obama not to speak to randomly chosen Americans , the number of genuine right wingers is high enough to make the odds even that he will be talking to someone who will ask him a question requireing thinking to answer.

Did you notice that the answer that Joe got was more sincere than the medea reporters have been getting?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2008, 05:17:42 PM »
That ought to teach Obama not to speak to randomly chosen Americans , the number of genuine right wingers is high enough to make the odds even that he will be talking to someone who will ask him a question requireing thinking to answer.

Did you notice that the answer that Joe got was more sincere than the medea reporters have been getting?

==========================================================================
If the average Joe made $250,000 a year, we could lower the tax rate a lot.
Joe will benefit most from Obama's tax plan that from McCain's If Joe is really lucky, it may make sense for him to be a Republican  at some time in the next 20 years, but not now. It would be self-destructive for Joe to vote for McCain until he stands to benefit.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2008, 05:19:32 PM »

==========================================================================
If the average Joe made $250,000 a year, we could lower the tax rate a lot.
Joe will benefit most from Obama's tax plan that from McCain's If Joe is really lucky, it may make sense for him to be a Republican  at some time in the next 20 years, but not now. It would be self-destructive for Joe to vote for McCain until he stands to benefit.

Joe is ambitious , Obama wants to spread the wealth.

Should Joe become a civil servant ?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2008, 05:26:28 PM »
Joe is ambitious , Obama wants to spread the wealth.

Should Joe become a civil servant ?

You are ambitious, you are some sort of civilian airplane repairman. Do you make $250,000 a year? Should Joe follow your example, or shouldn't he?

Of course, if you are a Civil Servant, you can forget about buying out the boss.

I am guessing that you will need to give up on the $250,000 ambition as well.

richpo64

« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2008, 05:29:21 PM »
>>I am guessing that you will need to give up on the $250,000 ambition as well.<<

Barry should put that in his platform.

Barry says, "Give up."

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2008, 06:22:22 PM »
I say that because I doubt that anyone can actually buy out the government.

Also, the US government does not pay almost anyone $250,000. Strange how they always seem to fill those cabinet positions, isn't it?

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2008, 06:37:37 PM »
Oh please. Using some hyperbole?

I think that "Joe" will be just fine as none of the realities of his life are earth-shattering (or for that matter - interesting). And really...playing the victim? Isn't it a little early for that?

Two points.

Earlier you said people ae blaming Obama for what has happened to Joe. Could you show me a post by a member of this forum showing that?

And secondly noone is playing victim.

Destroying a persons reputation because he dared asked a question of Obama and Obama wishes he could rephrase his answer is not the type of country your god and your religion and your own personal credo wishes it to be , so why make fucking excuses for the low lifes who think everyone is fair game?

What happened o Joe was wrong, you and i both know it.