Author Topic: NHL suspends Stars' Sean Avery for crude comments  (Read 22589 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: NHL suspends Stars' Sean Avery for crude comments
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2008, 09:05:43 AM »
Pro athletes are entertainers. When they cease to be entertaining, they get into trouble. The idea of a privately owned team, often owned by someone who does not live in that city, and composed of members from all over the place, actually representing a city or area is sort of hard to take seriously. When I was in high school I used to watch the games, and they were interesting, since I knew the people playing. After that, I lost interest, because there is no reason I should care what this bozo working for that other bozo, neither of whom has a thing to do with the city, does with a ball. Sports are often good exercise, but watching sports is a waste of time to me.

Nascar, where we watch rolling billboards run around and around in circles, waiting for one or more of them to crash and burst into flames is even more boring.

It doesn't bother me that  people actually enjoy watching such nonsense, but to take the disciplining or lack of same of some grown man who plays with a ball seriously  strikes me as a pretty immature way of relating to the world around one.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

richpo64

« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2008, 10:58:37 AM »
>>Now if I wanted to keep this going I might say something like, "another thing no one would search you out for, richpo, is who's an expert on anything". But, I won't bore the group by prompting more of your inane replies.<<

Run away Bucky. It's what you do best.

Next time you've had a few drinks stop and think before you shoot off your mouth and make a fool of yourself.

richpo64

« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2008, 11:06:37 AM »
Fats wrote:
>> The comment, in my opinion, is overblown and not worthy of suspension, but I don't get to make that call.<<

So other than a few people who were obviously always picked last for dodge ball, folks agree this is making a mountian out of a mole hill. Pro athlete's and athlete's in general exist in a world where these kinds of comments, and much worse, are common. However the left is determined to  make certain words illegal, certain subjects taboo. They're drugging boys so they no longer act like boys and pussifying men in general. I guess if you had to punish Avery for this, why not a fine? I wouldn't agree with that either but it makes more sense than suspending him.

richpo64

« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2008, 11:11:31 AM »
I think immaturity is hating people who have more money than you, are better looking than you, smarter than you, or are better athlete's than you.

There's always going to be the nerd sitting in his mom's basement painting his Star Wars action figure's and plotting his revenge for the imagined slights of athlete's in high school. So I wouldn't expect such losers to understand what it is to be an student athlete let alone a professional.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 11:20:47 AM by richpo64 »

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2008, 11:39:21 AM »
The losers are the idiots who are still playing with balls for fame and glory in their thirties and forties.

The biggest losers are the morons who actually pay money or sit through two and a half hours of commercials to watch 60 minutes of "play" to watch them.

Knowing what a pro athlete's life is like is like knowing what it's like to be a vole.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Knutey

« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2008, 11:58:05 AM »
Yeah, pussified.

In case you hadn't noticed, the NBA now requires players to dress "up." No more gangsta threads. They wear suits or at least sport coats and tie. It hasn't done much for the league.

Anyway, it might be different if Avery had used the dreaded "C" word, but he didn't. He didn't even curse. He called them sloppy seconds. I agree with Ami, it's a term that's awfully mild for someone to get so exercised about, let alone suspended.

I am not surprised that the  Corsican Brothers think sloppy seconds is mild for an insult . That is probly the only kind of sex y'all can get (being fat & ugly and all). The fact is that the  insult is really not directed at the women ( what self-respecting hockey puck would give a shit about them?) men but at the other players who would screw someone who still had another man's semen in her vagina.

richpo64

« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2008, 01:03:20 PM »
I'm telling you, knutty is one funny guy. He berates people for not considering sloppy seconds an insult then goes on to treat us all to his eighth grade insults.

What a freaking tool.

:D

Knutey

« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2008, 05:44:27 PM »
I'm telling you, knutty is one funny guy. He berates people for not considering sloppy seconds an insult then goes on to treat us all to his eighth grade insults.

What a freaking tool.

You gotta problem wit dat, queen of insults?  :-*

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2008, 06:24:07 PM »

Does this mean you're abdicating your position (Queen of Insults) on this forum?
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Knutey

« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2008, 06:48:11 PM »

Does this mean you're abdicating your position (Queen of Insults) on this forum?

I am Stephen Colbert to RichPoo's Bill O'Reilly when it comes to insults.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2008, 07:45:38 PM »
Naaaaa, more like Rosie O'Donnel to Riche's O'Reilly
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Knutey

« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2008, 10:27:53 PM »
Naaaaa, more like Rosie O'Donnel to Riche's O'Reilly

I think Ami lQQks more like Rosie and I would prove it if it wasnt against the rules to show the truth in this place.

richpo64

« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2008, 10:38:29 PM »
>>The losers are the idiots who are still playing with balls for fame and glory in their thirties and forties.<<

And getting paid millions of dollars to do it? Hardly foolish. It's true our culture doesn't reward people who deserve "fame and glory" more than althete's. Firefighters, police, just to name a couple. Like it or not sports is a huge part of American culture. Only a very few have anything like animosity towards sports figures. You know the type. Nerdie little Mommas boys who are to afraid to try sports, never had a date with a real live girl.

>>The biggest losers are the morons who actually pay money or sit through two and a half hours of commercials to watch 60 minutes of "play" to watch them.<<

I don't think so. The biggest losers are people who just hate those big jocks and their fame and fortune. Just like they hate the evil rich and anyone who they envy for their success.

>>Knowing what a pro athlete's life is like is like knowing what it's like to be a vole.<<

A vole? LOL ... Yeah, Tom Brady is a tiny rodent. So is LeBron James. Multimillionaires adored by millions of women. You are such a loser BO.

Cynthia

« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2008, 10:46:14 PM »
>>Richpo, you're the last person anyone would seek out regarding questions on personal conduct.<<

Really? What do you know of my personal conduct? I suggest you stick to what you know.

Of course you are certainly not someone who I would consider an expert on anything. Especially what is and what is not exceptable personal conduct. That's really fucking rich.

" I suggest you stick to what you know.

Gee, you used that 'line' with me once.

You continue to let your slip show, RichPo.

AT least come up with a new line......you lack creativity, R'PO.

Run away Bucky. It's what you do best.

YOU are one who runs away with tail between arsss ---R'PO, and more than once, as I recall.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 10:48:18 PM by Cindy »

BSB

« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2008, 10:58:12 PM »
If Brett Hull can think half as well as his father could play he'll shit can Avery so he can join richpo and OJ and the three of them can go around holding up gas stations.