Author Topic: Black Bishop Launches Brutal Attack Against Democratic Party  (Read 7061 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Black Bishop Launches Brutal Attack Against Democratic Party
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2012, 01:04:29 AM »
What about the (9-9-9) plan fails ?

If I assert that it would result in increased employment and therefore increased revenue , with what fact could you contradict?

The present tax law has the cheif virtue of being a good tool for the Congress , especially good for rewarding the best lobbyists.

Complexity is a virtue , if your aim is to keep many or most from understanding .

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2012, 12:19:16 PM »
If I assert that it would result in increased employment and therefore increased revenue , with what fact could you contradict?

=======================================
Assert yourself silly. No Congress would ever pass such a tax plan. It would have been dead in the water even if Cain had been elected. No expert I know of claimed that it would raise adequate revenue, anyway. If you remove the deductions for charities and home mortgages, you upset every church, every charity, every foundation, home builder and bank in the country. Romney would have the same problem should be be elected. You might be able to get one of these deductions passed with great effort. There is NO chance you would get both of them passed.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2012, 09:24:14 PM »
I agree that Congress is very unlikely to simplyfy taxes , but you did not say that revenue was the problem .

I don't think revenue is the problem at all, neither is everyone getting a fair share of the load, it is the controll of the nation and the graft that the complexity facilitates.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2012, 11:23:20 PM »

TheIf the country is in debt, then it must either pay the debt that it owes or pay interest on the debt that it owes. Current tax revenue falls far short of this, and since there is no way that expenditures can be cut enough to make up the difference, more tax revenue must be raised.

Romney and Ryan's plans would not be adequate to do this, and their plan to cut taxes and to p!ss away even more on the military cannot be adequate, they should not be elected based on a plan that everyone knows cannot be passed and would be inadequate if it could be passed.

The time has come to reject Grover Norquest en masse. He has done far too much harm to this country already. Perhaps an unfortunate bathtub accident...

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2012, 11:53:05 PM »
What makes us sure that an increase in tax rates will produce an increase in tax recipts?

It is quite possible to depress the economy with the increased load and loose overall.

This is certain to be the result at some level of taxation, but there isn't a bright line to warn .

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2012, 12:06:41 AM »
It has been demonstrated that LOWERING taxes does not produce more revenues, except on Planet sirs, at least.

What Ryan proposes will not work. Electing him and letting him try would be foolish.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2012, 12:11:37 AM »
History has demonstrated that higher taxation depresses job growth and economic growth.  But myopic demoncrats who can only see taxes as the end all be all to reducing debt, covet that because of the power it gives the governing body that is pushing higher taxes....more Democrats

The fix is not reducing debt by the short term no thought fix of simply raising taxes, but determing what caused the massive debt INCREASE to begin with.  Here's a hint...it wasn't that taxes were too low

Plane is spot on.....simply increasing taxes doesn't guarantee an increase in tax receipts.  Maybe for a very short burst of time, then the repercussions of those tax increases begin to take hold, for a FAR LONGER duration.  Hello Greece
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2012, 11:41:36 AM »
The word from bizarro Planet, the World of sirs.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2012, 11:48:19 AM »
And the complete lack of any credibility to any claim, that lunatic world of xo
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 07:14:17 PM by sirs »
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2012, 05:33:23 PM »
It has been demonstrated that LOWERING taxes does not produce more revenues, except on Planet sirs, at least.

What Ryan proposes will not work. Electing him and letting him try would be foolish.

When was this demonstrated?
I am unaware.

The principal is simple , it is better to get 5% of $100 than 25% of  $20.
High taxes do indeed indisputably reduce the overall size of the economy, so at some point increasing taxes don't increase recipts , it is my opinion that we are near that point.

Demonstrating I am right would only require that we increase taxes and watch the resulting dip in the economy, unfortunately the economy is already dipped and this would be an expensive experiment.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2012, 07:17:26 PM »

What Ryan proposes will not work. Electing him and letting him try would be foolish

I am unaware.

The principal is simple , it is better to get 5% of $100 than 25% of  $20

BINGO!!  Notice also how Xo seems to try to single me out, when a plethora of folks have said pretty much the same thing.  Do you have your own planet Plane, or are you simply residing on mine?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2012, 07:46:55 PM »

What Ryan proposes will not work. Electing him and letting him try would be foolish

I am unaware.

The principal is simple , it is better to get 5% of $100 than 25% of  $20

BINGO!!  Notice also how Xo seems to try to single me out, when a plethora of folks have said pretty much the same thing.  Do you have your own planet Plane, or are you simply residing on mine?

I think you and I are tecnical people , XO seems to be heavly invested otherwise.

This is not a flaw for any of us , it is bringing diffrent viewpoints to the table.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2012, 08:00:55 PM »
Those who have studied Ryan's plan have determined that expenditures and tax cuts will not be covered by revenue added.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2012, 08:41:32 PM »
In a vacuum, no.  In reality, the tax cuts will once again, just like they did under Kennedy, just like they did under Reagan, and just like the did under Bush 2, would help provide some sound economic stability out of DC, that will give business the confidence to go ahead and start expanding once again --> MORE JOBS --> MORE TAX GENERATING RECEIPTS = MORE REVENUE

You have argued (accurately I might add...probably that 1% you do get right), that many businesses are sitting on a lot of cash.  But the economic enviroment that this administration and the Democrats have placed on the economy, and the completely irresponsible way they've handled the finances of this country, gives them no reason or incentive to do anything other than sit.....and wait.....for a more viable and less risky time to invest in themselves

Of course the sticking point agains is LESS POWER & LESS CONTROL for DC.  Who cares if it actually helps the country, helps start taking down the debt over the LONG RUN, and starts putting more people back to work.  More taxes means more Government control....which ironically we've seen 1st hand the repercussions of that here in CA, and now spreading to most other states dominated by Liberal Politicians and their majority controlled Governments
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 09:25:12 PM by sirs »

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2012, 12:36:05 AM »
Ryan's plan will not work and nothing you can say will cause it to work.

Increasing the size of the military is enlarging the government.