Author Topic: Poll: Giuliani, McCain, Obama rank high with voters, Kerry in last place  (Read 1174 times)

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Monday, November 27, 2006

NEW HAVEN, Conn. (AP) -- Americans have the warmest feelings about former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani, Republican Sen. John McCain and Democratic Sen. Barack Obama, according to a poll released Monday that scores the popularity of national leaders.

The Quinnipiac University's "thermometer reading," taken the week after the Nov. 7 election, asked voters to rate their feelings for 20 leaders on a scale of 0 to 100.

Giuliani, a Republican weighing a presidential bid in 2008, scored the highest at 64.2. Obama and McCain, who are also considering a 2008 campaign, finished next at 58.8 and 57.7.

President Bush was 15th out of 20 while his secretary of State, Condoleezza Rice, was fourth and former President Clinton fifth.

New York Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton scored ninth of the 20 leaders with a score of 49.

Massachusetts Sen. John Kerry, the 2004 Democratic nominee who was roundly criticized before the election for suggesting that students who don't study could end up stuck in Iraq, came in last at 39.6.

Kerry later apologized for what he said was a botched joke.

Article
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Poll: Giuliani, McCain, Obama rank high with voters, Kerry in last place
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2006, 01:50:39 PM »
Hopefully, this will convince Kerry that he will never be "president".

I watched "An Inconvenient Truth" yesterday and it convinced me that Gore is running.  All the stuff about Global Warming I pretty much knew.  The running for president stuff was a welcome addition.