Author Topic: I had no idea americans think filipinos are a joke  (Read 1918 times)

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
I had no idea americans think filipinos are a joke
« on: June 11, 2013, 09:28:41 PM »
It wouldnt of been said unless people thought it like all asian are on affirmative action so thier education dont count.

The reason i posted this is because today i heard the filipino nurse is the least qualified nursing position.
Just bad timing

http://blog.sfgate.com/dailydish/2007/10/04/desperate-housewives-blasted-for-filipino-gag/
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 09:37:58 PM by kimba1 »

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: I had no idea americans think filipinos are a joke
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 10:06:53 PM »
It wouldnt of been said unless people thought it like all asian are on affirmative action so thier education dont count.

The reason i posted this is because today i heard the filipino nurse is the least qualified nursing position.
Just bad timing

http://blog.sfgate.com/dailydish/2007/10/04/desperate-housewives-blasted-for-filipino-gag/

I am guessing that filipino nurses educated in the filipines have to be certified by one board or another before they can work here. And i am guessing that the reason there are a large number of filipino nurses here is because there is a shortage of nurses and the need for more nurses grows as boomers age.

Filipino nurses have been around for quite awhile. They were the target of Richard Speck when he went on his rampage.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 11:15:40 PM »
nursing is a major industry in the filipines to the point in America they pretty much only need to pass a qualifying exam. I always assumed so many nurse are fillipinos is because they`re simply tougher and can handle the work better.I`ve recently been to many healthcare places and I admit I can`t do it.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2013, 09:19:55 AM »
nursing is a major industry in the filipines to the point in America they pretty much only need to pass a qualifying exam. I always assumed so many nurse are fillipinos is because they`re simply tougher and can handle the work better.I`ve recently been to many healthcare places and I admit I can`t do it.

I don't know if nursing is tougher or if the filipino culture builds tha toughness, i do know that it is pretty likely that many filipinos have relatives that have gone that professional route and they know it is a good way to help in their quest to immigrate to the US.

Maybe the same thing could be said about the Vietnamese and their dominance of the US Nail Salon market. Or the Patels and the motel industry.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2013, 10:04:51 AM »
Most independent donut shops where I live appear to be Asian owned.

Almost every Friday I am at "LiL-O-Donut"....
and I just love it when the nice lady welcomes
me to "LiL-O-Donut" with her strong accent.
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2013, 10:43:44 AM »
Actually the filipinos i know don't go into the nursing business as a way to go to the u.s. . Most do it as a practical source of income.

This lady admited she only nurses before her youtube site got popular.

Put it in Purse

Pretty much in general filipinos want to work any job.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2013, 12:49:33 PM »
I don't think Filipinos are a joke.

Everyone who practices medicine in the US has to pass a US board exam, Filipinos included. Once they do, they are as qualified as anyone else so far as I am concerned.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."