Author Topic: James Carville....if Obama economy does not improve we may see "civil unrest"  (Read 1747 times)

BSB

Look Kramer, raising taxes didn't hurt economic growth in the 90s and it wouldn't be the problem now. We are operating with the Bush tax cuts as we speak and it ain't doing shit. Are we going to pay off this debt or aren't we? To do so there has to be some pain involved.  That pain in includes more income and less expenses. Translation, higher taxes fewer entitlements. We gota suck it up, that's the way its going to be. I'm prepared to forfeit whatever percentage of my VA compensation that's necessary. They need to reduce my payment by 1/2, be my guest. They just need to spread the pain around. The good old days are gone for now so lets get it on and get it over with.

The problem is we got a bunch of gutless pussies in Washington. They don't have the guts to pass along the bad news and hand out the medicine because they fear not getting re-elected. In other words they care more about themselves than the country as a whole. Therefore, we have to push them.  Washington is beginning to remind me of the Israeli Palestinian conflict. Neither side wants to get it done.

BSB

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Look Kramer, raising taxes didn't hurt economic growth in the 90s and it wouldn't be the problem now. We are operating with the Bush tax cuts as we speak and it ain't doing shit. Are we going to pay off this debt or aren't we? To do so there has to be some pain involved.  That pain in includes more income and less expenses. Translation, higher taxes fewer entitlements. We gota suck it up, that's the way its going to be. I'm prepared to forfeit whatever percentage of my VA compensation that's necessary. They need to reduce my payment by 1/2, be my guest. They just need to spread the pain around. The good old days are gone for now so lets get it on and get it over with.

The problem is we got a bunch of gutless pussies in Washington. They don't have the guts to pass along the bad news and hand out the medicine because they fear not getting re-elected. In other words they care more about themselves than the country as a whole. Therefore, we have to push them.  Washington is beginning to remind me of the Israeli Palestinian conflict. Neither side wants to get it done.

BSB

I agree with you except many vets aren't in a position to take a pay cut like you. But I say there are a lot of people that make $50,000 a year or less that need to pay federal tax and currently pay little or none. Remove tax breaks for children, eliminate the minimum alternative tax, seriously cut certain entitlements, eliminate Social Security payments for people that have government pensions or are worth millions of dollars and lastly a FLAT TAX would ultimately be the best answer and of course getting rid of Obama.

BSB

"... many vets aren't in a position to take a pay cut..."

That's the pain I'm talking about. Frankly speaking it doesn't matter whether they're in a position to take a cut or not. If they don't take a cut, along with other cuts of entitlements for other people, no vet is going to get paid for his/her wounds. Take a smaller cut now, or they'll be forced to cut the whole enchilada later. If we don't get the debt under control that's what it's going to come down to.

BSB

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
"... many vets aren't in a position to take a pay cut..."

That's the pain I'm talking about. Frankly speaking it doesn't matter whether they're in a position to take a cut or not. If they don't take a cut, along with other cuts of entitlements for other people, no vet is going to get paid for his/her wounds. Take a smaller cut now, or they'll be forced to cut the whole enchilada later. If we don't get the debt under control that's what it's going to come down to.

BSB

Dire situations require drastic measures and as you pointed out the cowards in DC won't do what has to be done.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
Civil unrest this summer due to the economy? No. Later on maybe, but not this summer.

Code for more stimulus? No. There isn't going to be more stimulus for a while. The Democrats wouldn't even try to get that through. Too bad, it's needed.

BSB

http://www.fox19.com/Global/story.asp?S=14872850

TOLEDO, Ohio (AP) - An Ohio restaurant mentioned last week by President Barack Obama as an indirect beneficiary of the government's Chrysler bailout will go out of business Sunday after a more than 70-year history.

Co-owner Richard Lawrence of New Chet's Restaurant in Toledo says business has fallen victim to the economy and the workplace smoking ban approved by Ohio voters in 2006. He told The Blade newspaper of Toledo on Wednesday that auto industry cutbacks also hurt.

Lawrence says he used to deliver up to $300 in food per week to Chrysler Group LLC's Jeep plant in Toledo, but now that's down to about $100 worth.

Obama visited the plant on Friday and told workers that without them, who would eat at Chet's or patronize other local businesses?

Information from: The Blade, http://www.toledoblade.com/

BSB

A) Obama bailed Chrysler out.
B) The idea is to post what supports your side of the debate Kramer, not my side.
C) a:If that restaurant can't cook a decent enough meal to overcome a 2006, Bush era, smoking ban, they should go out of business.    b:No doubt in my mind that the long term health of the local auto workers will improve now that New Chet's has closed its doors. 

BSB

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
A) Obama bailed Chrysler out.
B) The idea is to post what supports your side of the debate Kramer, not my side.
C) a:If that restaurant can't cook a decent enough meal to overcome a 2006, Bush era, smoking ban, they should go out of business.    b:No doubt in my mind that the long term health of the local auto workers will improve now that New Chet's has closed its doors. 

BSB

yeah but you were all upset that Palin supposedly got some history wrong and now you can see that Obama got something wrong but you are OK with that. Actually he got 3  things wrong, 1. The restaurant was closed and he said they were open for business. 2. he got the stimulus wrong and it cost us $3 trillion dollars. And #3 thing he sold the stimulus on unemployment going down to 8% or less and it's above 9%. Why is it you pick on a women that is freely running around the country and hasn't said she's running for POTUS yet the president is wrong just about all the time and I never hear you say a word about it.

And regarding the stimulus you are wrong and I can prove that by the fact the stimulus didn't work the first time so why would it again, as you claim?

BSB

The President said it would drop to 8% did he? Ok, well we're at 8% here.

Good job, Mr. President, you're a man of your word. Unlike a certain Ms Palin who walked out on the people of Alaska.

http://lmi2.detma.org/lmi/Newsrelease/NewsLMI20110414.htm

BSB