Author Topic: Bush-era medics performed experiments in torture on prisoners  (Read 1466 times)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
http://original.antiwar.com/fisher/2010/06/07/cia-medics-honed-torture-techniques-on-detainees-group-charges/

The only other regime I'm aware of that used prisoners as human guinea pigs was Nazi Germany.  Bush is looking more like Hitler with each new revelation.  Not that Obama's going to actually DO anything about that either - - hell, no, that would be "looking backward" and his administration wants to "look forward."

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
Re: Bush-era medics performed experiments in torture on prisoners
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 11:23:17 PM »
As usual....talk is cheap!
Bring it on if you can prove it!
More BS that won't stand the test of a courtroom.
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 11:47:03 PM »
The only other regime I'm aware of that used prisoners as human guinea pigs was Nazi Germany.

Well, there is Japan, China, North Korea, going back a bit further, England, many Arabic countries, and just about any country involved with slavery.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2010, 12:19:09 AM »
<<Well, there is Japan, China, North Korea, going back a bit further, England, many Arabic countries, and just about any country involved with slavery.>>

Well, you are right about Japan.  China and NK I don't believe used prisoners for experiments (except maybe in the original Manchurian Candidate film) and the other examples you gave, I'd say are either irrelevant because you're going too far back into the past or else it just did not happen.  The Japs conducted biological warfare tests on Allied prisoners and the Americans gave their scientists post-war immunity in return for their data.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2010, 12:21:11 AM »
<<More BS that won't stand the test of a courtroom.>>

Well, you got THAT right.  There won't BE any courtroom testing because the chickenshit Obama administration thinks that any prosecution of American war crimes would be "looking backward," as Obama puts it.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2010, 01:01:12 AM »
There won't BE any courtroom testing because the chickenshit Obama administration...

Michael you represent a real trend.....look at this artcle written by a Democrat. (a hot democrat i might add)

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/opedcolumnists/white_house_can_stop_left_revolt_LWK7TVhteMEuhjGgJKRSaL
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2010, 01:02:08 AM »
I didn't see any mention from the PHR that the practice if it did happen has been discontinued.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2010, 07:52:18 AM »
China and NK I don't believe used prisoners for experiments (except maybe in the original Manchurian Candidate film)

Actually, if you would check the links I provided, you'll see that it's believed to still be going on.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

BSB

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2010, 09:05:47 AM »
Apparently the CIA was using medics, doctors perhaps, to see what they could get away with "enhanced interrogation" wise. Not good. Doctors take an oath to do no harm.

It reminds me of you, MT. Lets see, if I call them a bunch of racist nazies in every post will it piss them off, but not get me kicked out of the group? Or should I only call them a bunch of lying warmongering pigs in every other post?

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2010, 12:22:58 PM »
Apparently the CIA was using medics, doctors perhaps, to see what they could get away with "enhanced interrogation" wise. Not good. Doctors take an oath to do no harm.

It reminds me of you, MT. Lets see, if I call them a bunch of racist nazies in every post will it piss them off, but not get me kicked out of the group? Or should I only call them a bunch of lying warmongering pigs in every other post?

Get real BSB, you are smarter than that. You own a Lexus, eat corn, live in a Boston suburb, and you were even in the Army plus you voted for Obama. The truth is out there just find it. Stop listening to this far left garbage and seek the real truth; it's out there, all you have to do is use your head and roll up your sleeves and go to work.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2010, 07:40:11 PM »
<<Michael you represent a real trend.....look at this artcle written by a Democrat. (a hot democrat i might add)>>

Good article, CU4.  Thanks.  IMHO it's just a little late for the incumbent Democrats to start thinking of their base now.  If I were able to participate in a U.S. election, I would not lift a finger to support Obama, Pelosi. Reid or any other Republocrat phony who rode in on the backs of real liberals to an election victory and then shat all over their base.  They deserve to lose, big-time.  I sure hope to bitchin hell that this IS a trend and an irreversibly fatal one for that war-mongering, torturing, lying prick and everyone around him.  Obama's gonna be very surprised by how many of his former supporters stay home on Election Day to watch Seinfeld re-runs.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2010, 07:47:35 PM »
<<It reminds me of you, MT. Lets see, if I call them a bunch of racist nazies in every post will it piss them off, but not get me kicked out of the group? Or should I only call them a bunch of lying warmongering pigs in every other post?>>

Wow, BSB, that is SO perceptive.  Here's an idea - - why not just ignore the fucking issues completely and get down to the REAL business of this group, which obviously is mutual psychoanalysis and the exchange of personal insults?  You first - - oh, wait, you've had your turn.

BSB

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2010, 08:03:31 PM »
"WOW, BSB, that is so..............blah blah blah"

Ha ha, now that's funny. Weird, but funny.

It wasn't meant to be taken all that seriously but I'm glad you did now that I think about it. 

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2010, 08:13:15 PM »
<<Actually, if you would check the links I provided, you'll see that it's believed to still be going on.>>

Sorry, Ami, I just checked them now.  My frame of reference was prisoners, and I should have realized that the reference was broad enough to go beyond POWs.  I already knew about the sale of organs of condemned prisoners in China and how the organs were often removed from the prisoners before execution.  I didn't see an element of experimentation there.  Your China link referred to experimentation, but by  exploitation of vulnerable Chinese, not as far as I could see, of prisoners specifically.  There's no doubt that the Chinese have a long way to go in basic human rights.  Whether the objects of medical experiments are actual prisoners or not in China, there's a lot of inhumanity and horror going on there.  Not that it's any justification for the crimes of the Bush administration.  Nor does it excuses Obama's lack of prosecution of torture (which BTW he is obligated by treaty to prosecute.)  The fact is, Obama can't prosecute a single Chinese official for torture, but he can prosecute every fucking one of the American torturers, but will not.

The North Korean link was basically unproven accusations.  I believe them because they sound true, although some are puzzling.  WHY were the Korean prisoners told to eat poisoned cabbage leaves?  Why were families put in gas chambers together?   This was punishment with a little bonus (experimentation) on the side?  I think North Korea probably does torture prisoners - - I base this on the lack of accountability, the rigid nature of the regime, the inhumanity of both sides in the Korean war and the fact that both of these are Asiatic countries where there is a long tradition of torture, particularly in China, from which the culture must have spread centuries ago.