Author Topic: on the phone:Donald Trump  (Read 8197 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: on the phone:Donald Trump
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2008, 10:40:20 AM »
Growth can slow , and it can reverse but the very sudden changes are the most upsetting .

Even a decrease in growth is not a reversal. A true reversal would have you going to the store, returning the merchandise and getting a refund more than once for each purchase. It is therefore not possible.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2008, 12:22:58 PM »
Growth can slow , and it can reverse but the very sudden changes are the most upsetting.  Takeing a longer view , there is a lot of potential for recovering , even though things are slideing into reverse right now.

Even a decrease in growth is not a reversal.

Yea, didn't you get the memo Plane.  Kinda like a decrease in what one wants in their budget, and even with an increase in said budget, if it's not what was originally demanded, it's called a "cut"
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2008, 12:38:38 PM »
Yea, didn't you get the memo Plane.  Kinda like a decrease in what one wants in their budget, and even with an increase in said budget, if it's not what was originally demanded, it's called a "cut"
--------------------------------------------------------
If you grew an extra nose, but they cut off one of your ears, that would still be a 'cut', even if you had a greater facial area. When they removed you ear, it would be painful unless you were under anesthesia. Bloody, too, despite your new extra nose.
--------------------------------------------------------
People who read budgets should be prepared for this sort of thing. If they are not, then they should prepare themselves, and stop whining about the terminology.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2008, 12:58:52 PM »
Yea, that makes.....*sarcasm alert*......so much more sense.  Thanks Xo
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2008, 01:09:05 PM »
How does this not make more sense?
=================================

Budgets are important, but dull. To cause people to recognize their importance, they must be presented in an interesting manner. Think of them  in the same way you do womens makeup. Even Angelina Jolie looks better in makeup.

If you use words like "slashed", "cut", "reduced" in a budget story, it causes people to pay some attention to an important, but boring item.

Just as Angelina's optician  ignores her mascara, so must we ignore such words when analyzing a budget.

One should not whine "but those are FAKE eyelashes!" when regarding a picture of the lovely Angelina, one should disregard words like "slash' and 'cut' when analyzing a budget, unless one is a whiny fool.

If one whines foolishly, then one will be regarded as a whiny fool rather than anyone to be taken seriously.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2008, 02:01:34 PM »
You should have stopped with your prior post Xo.  Your thrashing now, in the deep end

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2008, 06:31:31 PM »
I merely told you how to read and understand an article on a story about the budget.

Can it be possible that you STILL do not understand?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2008, 08:13:10 PM »
Can it possibly be you're STILL thrashing?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2008, 08:19:05 PM »
Could we have discovered a body of greater density than a white dwarf?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2008, 08:20:17 PM »
Xo has now moved on to a...... better place     8)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2008, 08:31:24 PM »
Growth can slow , and it can reverse but the very sudden changes are the most upsetting .

Even a decrease in growth is not a reversal. A true reversal would have you going to the store, returning the merchandise and getting a refund more than once for each purchase. It is therefore not possible.

The store that opened last year can close this year , that is a reverse for that store , closeing a lot of stores at once is what we have to worry about.

If AIG had been allowed to fail , would there still be enough service from AIG's competitors to carry our need for insurance?

I think probly so , but just one failure isn't what was threatening..

Cynthia

« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2008, 11:41:47 PM »

Sirs, with all due RESPECT....I have read these past posts and YOU are the one who is tilting in the direction of lighting the fire of a flame.

Can't you answer a post without the sarcasm alerts?

I am curious as to how you really feel / think about XO'S reply.

with

all

due

respect, Sirs PC

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: September 23, 2008, 12:49:30 AM »

Sirs, with all due RESPECT....I have read these past posts and YOU are the one who is tilting in the direction of lighting the fire of a flame.  Can't you answer a post without the sarcasm alerts?

Don't let Prince catch you requesting such

And with all due respect Miss Cynthia, I can only deduce, that your support of Xo's position as a teacher & critic of NCLB tends to cloud your judgement on the predominance of the rest of Xo's posts.  HAD you been following the various threads, and HAD you grasped the point being made, is that the left often uses a lack of expected increase (though still an increase) as some form of "cut".  Uses "reverse" as if it was bad, when the point is reversals to prevent an utter collapse, are sometimes necessary for survival. 

I enjoy pointing these transparent misrepresentations & false premises the left falls hand over fist in trying perpetuate.  And if you HAD been noting the plethora of responses Xo provides me with, you might catch a theme of how so little people apparently pay attention to anything I say, according to Xo.  Funny how I have yet to see you take issue with him on that.  You wouldn't by chance be able to shed some light, would you?

And to answer your query, I don't "feel" anything towards Xo's most recent reply in this thread.  It was bordering on gibberish, IMHO, which prompted the above response you're taking issue with

Cynthia

« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2008, 01:16:17 AM »

Sirs, with all due RESPECT....I have read these past posts and YOU are the one who is tilting in the direction of lighting the fire of a flame.  Can't you answer a post without the sarcasm alerts?

And with all due respect Miss Cynthia, I can only deduce, that your support of Xo's position as a teacher & critic of NCLB tends to cloud your judgement on the predominance of the rest of Xo's posts.  HAD you been following the various threads, and HAD you grasped the point being made, is that the left often uses a lack of expected increase (though still an increase) as some form of "cut".  Uses "reverse" as if it was bad, when the point is reversals to prevent an utter collapse, are sometimes necessary for survival. 

I enjoy pointing these transparent misrepresentations & false premises the left falls hand over fist in trying perpetuate.  And if you HAD been noting the plethora of responses Xo provides me with, you might catch a theme of how so little people apparently pay attention to anything I say, according to Xo.  Funny how I have yet to see you take issue with him on that.  You wouldn't by chance be able to shed some light, would you?

And to answer your query, I don't "feel" anything towards Xo's most recent reply in this thread.  It was bordering on gibberish, IMHO, which prompted the above response you're taking issue with

Buzzzz ..no!

I asked you what you think about XO's response....I did NOT BRING up THE NCLB act...

Try again, Sirs.

I knew you would reply in this fashion...

I'll let you try again.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2008, 01:38:08 AM »

Buzzzz ..no!  I asked you what you think about XO's response....I did NOT BRING up THE NCLB act...

Focus Miss Cynthia.  Take a breath too, I would suggest.  "I" brought up NCLB, because it was within those threads your common support of Xo manifested itself very clearly.  Which is no big deal in any way.  It's good to have folks you can garner support on various issues with.  H and I are practically twins, as it relates to the 2nd amendment.  Point being, that support of Xo, was so clear in fact, that you managed to take umbridge, in this thread, at how I show the left misrepresenting various issues, and give a complete pass when Xo is basically stating my opinion means nothing, to anyone, in numerous other threads.  No one apparently reads them, according to Xo, it changes no minds, according to Xo.  That gets a pass by you, but my taking issue with how the left will contort topics, to fit some false premise, and how I do it.....that gets you all dandered.

But to answer your query, again, I ended with what I "thought" of Xo's last response.  It went downhill very fast, as soon as I referenced the false premise.  Once he began applying completely convoluted analogies, the book had closed on the substance of position