Author Topic: CAPTAIN ( can't afford )AMERICA  (Read 767 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
CAPTAIN ( can't afford )AMERICA
« on: May 20, 2010, 06:22:06 PM »
"....Also ironic: California's taxes have been a boon to the British Columbian city of Vancouver, which in recent years has seen a boom of what would've otherwise been big Hollywood business (films such as the "Twilight Saga" have found a production home north of the border).

But there is an added sense of loss - not counting the hundreds of Hollywood jobs that will disappear - because it is, you know, Captain America. This was a character that was created a full year before Pearl Harbor was even bombed by Japan. Cover art of early Captain America books showed the hero punching Adolph Hitler in the jaw as a way of showing America's support for its European allies.

Big budget movies being filmed overseas to avoid costs isn't an entirely new phenomenon. George..."
http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/movie-talk-should-we-now-call-him-captain-england.html

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: CAPTAIN ( can't afford )AMERICA
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2010, 06:45:20 PM »
tough!! I say

you gotta doubt the logic of giving tax break to low budget movie , but no break to 100mil.+ films which employs a very sizable amount of local people. despite I live here i just can`t feel sorry for these actions.

gouging big business is not a good money making venture.especially local big bussiness

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: CAPTAIN ( can't afford )AMERICA
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2010, 10:26:08 AM »
The last Jesse James movie was filmed in Alberta. It could not have been filmed in Clay Co., MO, where Jesse lived, because there are too many fences, power lines and such. Perhaps a a county or two north could have worked. But the location was perfect, except they must have filmed it a month or two earlier than the actual date in the year of the action. Alberta gets a lot colder than MO.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."