Author Topic: Just not there  (Read 22809 times)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: Just not there
« Reply #75 on: August 20, 2010, 01:30:31 AM »
So, who's credibly referring to this as a "Victory Mosque"?

Isn't that the root of why the mosque at THAT location would be insulting?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #76 on: August 20, 2010, 01:34:57 AM »
Ummm.....no.  That requires a belief that the sole reason for it being built is nefarious, that it IS to be a shrine of Islam looking over a defeated foe, & that the Imam IS in cahoots with Usama & Co.  Who here, believes that? 

I'll be the 1st to go on record....I don't
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #77 on: August 20, 2010, 01:38:04 AM »
Ummm.....no.  That requires a belief that the sole reason for it being built is nefarious, that it IS to be a shrine of Islam looking over a defeated foe, & that the Imam IS in cahoots with Usama & Co.  Who here, believes that? 

What is the insult then?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #78 on: August 20, 2010, 01:41:00 AM »
This loop appears endless.   ::)   Asked and answered already.  I'll let Debra sum it up, again
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #79 on: August 20, 2010, 01:57:58 AM »
Debra doesn't answer why it it is insulting. Why is it the worst place in America? Why is it the worst way to do it?

Perhaps you could indulge me (again) and answer as specifically as you can why you think it is insulting that Muslims would like to build a cultural center/mosque two blocks from ground zero.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #80 on: August 20, 2010, 02:15:05 AM »
Debra doesn't answer why it it is insulting. Why is it the worst place in America? Why is it the worst way to do it?

If you can't figure out the anwer to that one Bt, especially with the current climate associated with it, I can't help you.  Here's a hint though.  It's not going to be found in the Constitution, it's going to be found inside your soul

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #81 on: August 20, 2010, 02:22:38 AM »
Seems to me if its that simple a concept you should be able to verbalize it. Why the avoidance of the question?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #82 on: August 20, 2010, 02:34:44 AM »
Because I've answered it numerous times already....oy.  It is, and continues to be, grossly insensitive and downright cruel to those familes, to allow a symbol to be parked in the shadow of a gravesite to thousands murdered, in the name of that symbol. 

(It remains grossly insensitive and downright cruel for you to attend a funeral, in which your brother murdered the innocent, and the family doesn't want you there.  But you insist on being there anyways)

It's the same answer to the same question you keep claiming I'm avoiding, yet you keep asking

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #83 on: August 20, 2010, 02:47:15 AM »
Some pundits have compared this to putting a Catholic Church next to a playground.

Is this the same kind of slur?

Your funeral analogy was weak at best unless you are saying that this Iman and this congregation are literally Bin Ladens brothers.

Do you think the families believe the war is with Islam, instead of terror? Have they conflated the two. Have you?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #84 on: August 20, 2010, 04:25:10 AM »
Nope and Nope.  The congregation is the congregation.  The analogy is spot on, because you're not your brother.  But you are associated with the murderer, even though you're not one.  It would be grossly inappropriate for you to attend that funeral, if the family did not want you there, yet  you insisted.  Funeral taking place in a public area, so legally you could be there, but it would be wrong

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #85 on: August 20, 2010, 10:47:49 AM »
You have no say in whether they build the mosque or whatever you call it or not.

There is no reason to blather on and on about how it should not be built because some rightwing rantster asshole invented the term "Victory Mosque". It is entirely legal to build the thing, it is NOT in view of "hallowed Ground Zero", and it is of no greater actual importance than the building of a church, a synagogue or a Starbucks. It has become another symbolic and stupid political football for the reactionaries, like flag burning or the ""New Black Panthers", designed on purpose to spread hate and dissent among the mentally challenged.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #86 on: August 20, 2010, 11:14:22 AM »
You have no say in whether they build the mosque or whatever you call it or not.  There is no reason to blather on and on about how it should not be built because some rightwing rantster asshole invented the term "Victory Mosque".

What the frell are you blathering about??  I have every right to criticize the project.  I haven't referred to it as a "Victory Mosque".  And no one is saying it's illegal.  It IS however, in view of ground zero, if you ever took a mere few seconds to see the map.  But its so good to know how messers Reid, Dean, and over 50% of not just NY (vast majority being Democrats), but the entire country, are now "reactionaries" bent on spewing hate

::)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #87 on: August 20, 2010, 11:45:59 AM »
Your criticism is meaningless, since you are utterly powerless to prevent this from being built. And no, you cannot see the site of the proposed mosque from Ground Zero or vice versa. Maybe if they ever rebuild a tower, and you know right where to look, you could see the top of the building where the mosque will be.

Big Whoop.

If you get upset over this, you are a certifiable moron, really. Get a life.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #88 on: August 20, 2010, 12:14:27 PM »
Your criticism is meaningless, since you are utterly powerless to prevent this from being built.

Thanks for that opinion.  I didn't realize the 1st amendment applied to ONLY things you could actually apply hands on ability to.  I'll alert the founders.  So, I should not expect any more opinions or criticisms from you, as it relates to our military, or Consevative/Republican leaders, since of course, you have no control over them. 

And congrats on the continued personal attacks and name calling.  Way to keep bringing the level of debate down, to your gutter level

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #89 on: August 20, 2010, 12:56:47 PM »