Author Topic: I blame the police  (Read 1922 times)

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
I blame the police
« on: September 09, 2016, 01:05:40 PM »
In our talks about racism. Nobody here has ever denied some officers can't be abusive and some here even experience it. But the answer to this was to behave toward them and except it as part of life. Not even one mention about reporting it. Black are the most vocal about police abuse and the response is their at fault. I can really see how it can look very racist to them

I don't approve of BLM method and think it will backfire on them. But at least thier doing something.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: I blame the police
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2016, 01:24:22 PM »
We know only what is reported in the media about BLM.
Black people tend to erupt when provoked, but they are less likely to make a formal protest.
Nothing will be likely to change unless there is an organization with a plan.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2016, 05:54:57 AM »
In our talks about racism. Nobody here has ever denied some officers can't be abusive and some here even experience it. But the answer to this was to behave toward them and except it as part of life. Not even one mention about reporting it. Black are the most vocal about police abuse and the response is their at fault. I can really see how it can look very racist to them

I don't approve of BLM method and think it will backfire on them. But at least thier doing something.

You are making a good point , but it is problematic.

If a good policeman confronts you , it is usually best to be compliant and polite about it.

If a bad policeman confronts you  , it is usually best to be compliant and polite about it.

If you survive the situation, and can preserve some evidence of the truth , you can choose whether to fight it out in court.

If you don't survive the situation , whether there is a fight or not does not concern you anymore.

I know a guy that was roughed up a bit by a policeman, there isn't enough evidence of this for a prosecutor to be interested, so this incident will pass.

If he had not survived then there might be even less evidence and we would just wonder what had happened.

There is a lot of good reason to encourage the police to be honest, using methods that actually work.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2016, 04:19:53 PM »
this will sound liberal and of course wrong maybe these police abuses has a made the general public lose trust in the police and is one of the reasons things don`t get done. it was only a few years ago the police nationwide protested by slowing down thier work to prove thier value. it kinda backfired on them.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2016, 06:37:28 PM »
  No one is everywhere , so there is some illusion involved.

Police abuse of power is just as old as the concept of police, it is not really on the rise now.

Not if you trust the statistics.

Incidents of police abuse in the statistics are down a bit , only up sharply in the news.

The news covers what it chooses and if they covered the police abuses less back when it was more common, are they doing anything wrong to cover it more now?

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2016, 07:58:16 PM »
one difference today is the acknowledgment of bad cops do exist. Before it simply not talked among the police. Still no visible action done about it. But locally vsome police are trying to build trust. It doesn't help publicly police rep get defensive and never ever say thier safe to be around.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2016, 10:08:02 AM »
Dirty Cops have always made good movies.

It isn't really a secret that it goes on , the only secret is which particular ones fit the label.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2016, 01:31:14 PM »
Very true. If you notice I kinda shift what to call it.
Bad cop or police abuse etc.
I really struggle on this. I do not to lose by semantics. Also thief no one type of bad cop . abuse is a general term