Author Topic: A couple of points to ponder  (Read 841 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
A couple of points to ponder
« on: January 12, 2010, 04:21:22 PM »
...and why we can look forward to a 1 term Obama, and loss of liberal control of this country, sooner rather than later

- Not long ago, I & others noted the HUGE disparity in Obama's administration compared to EVERY other presidential administration in modern history, that of his overt lack of anyone in his administration with any grasp of the Private Industry.  Supposed the worst before Obama was , I think Kennedy, with upwards of 30 something % of his administration having come from the private sector.  And here comes Obama, and his paltry....I believe it was a scant 8%, of his administration having had substantive private sector experience.  And you wonder why his tactics and "advice" have been just the opposite to what this country needs, and why it's economy (along with jobs) continues to spiral downward

- Which leads us to the other point, that of the so-called "stimulus", and why it was soooooooo needed, to stop the unemployment hemorrhaging.  And now we see the numbers in double digits, when 8% was the pledged stopping point, thus we now are in need of another "stimulus to do......what exactly.  Get that # into the 20%?  Here's something to add to that pondering.....the stimuls was supposed to create all these infrastructure jobs, road buidling, school building, etc.  Last I heard, the unemployment #'s for construction, SINCE the stimulus is now above 20%, 22% i believe.  Guess what the current unemployment #'s are for Government workers..........about 3%

Just a few points to ponder.
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: A couple of points to ponder
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2010, 07:50:45 PM »
Tuesday, January 12, 2010 
"Stimulus" is Not Creating Jobs 
Posted by: Michele Bachmann

If the 2.7 millions jobs that have been lost since the so-called stimulus was signed into the law did not convince you that government spending does not correlate into economic growth, take a look at this story from the Associated Press: Stimulus Cash Doesn't Create Local Jobs:

?A federal spending surge of more than $20 billion for roads and bridges in President Obama's first stimulus has had NO EFFECT on local unemployment rates, raising questions about his argument for billions more to address an ?urgent need to accelerate job growth.? An Associated Press analysis of stimulus spending found that it didn't matter if a lot of money was spent on highways or none at all: Local unemployment rates rose and fell regardless. And the stimulus spending only barely helped the beleaguered construction industry, the analysis showed.?

Yet, President Obama wants to pass a second stimulus calling for billions of dollars of more spending. When will the President and Democrat leadership learn that spending money we don?t have isn?t always the remedy to fix whatever problem confronts us? When will they get the hint? Republicans have put forth a better way to give our families the relief they need that will turn our economy around.

blog
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2010, 08:05:24 PM »
How nervous, anxious, upset, confused, dazed, & distraught will Obama et al become when they wake up Wednesday morning (01/20/10) to find Ted Kennedy's senate seat with a Republican ass sitting in it? If that isn't going to be the hugest wake-up call I don't know what will.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2010, 08:42:30 PM »
That would be quite the ! to Cash for Croakers, when you consider the chorus of dems singing how Obamacare was to be Teddy's Swan song, and gift to him

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2010, 08:59:42 PM »
That would be quite the ! to Cash for Croakers, when you consider the chorus of dems singing how Obamacare was to be Teddy's Swan song, and gift to him

oh yeah

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2010, 07:59:19 PM »
Is it any wonder?

"Obama Seen as Anti-Business by 77% of U.S. Investors"

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2010, 08:05:52 PM »
How nervous, anxious, upset, confused, dazed, & distraught will Obama et al become when they wake up Wednesday morning (01/20/10) to find Ted Kennedy's senate seat with a Republican ass sitting in it? If that isn't going to be the hugest wake-up call I don't know what will.

I'm as amazing if not more amazing than Obama except he called the Mass election race for Democrats and I called it for Republicans (1 week in advance) but of course I was right and Obama was wrong. Kinda scary don't ya think?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2010, 08:07:26 PM »
hehe...very scary     :o

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2010, 01:49:36 PM »
And on that note of scary predictions, I & others were pretty much signaling this one, ever since Obama took office.  Perhaps even scarier in it's similarities, than even I imagined

Problem is, the economic situation Obama & the Dem's are driving us in, could far exceed what Carter ever wrought      :-\