Author Topic: No Laws Broken, Too Bad Losers Jesus Wins Again  (Read 13685 times)

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: No Laws Broken, Too Bad Losers Jesus Wins Again
« Reply #75 on: January 25, 2010, 08:57:46 PM »
The federal government's use of equipment bearing engraved sectarian religious symbols is clearly a violation of the  U.S. Constitution's establishment clause and the responsibility is clearly institutional. 

A sequence of alphanumeric digits is now a "sectarian religious symbol"?

So, what sect does this sentence represent?
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #76 on: January 25, 2010, 09:44:24 PM »
<<A sequence of alphanumeric digits is now a "sectarian religious symbol"?

<<So, what sect does this sentence represent?>>

Well, plane would know better than I, but my guess is that the alfanumeric sequences each represent a chapter and verse from a book of  the King James Bible, so the sect would be any Protestant denomination that uses that Bible.  Some of the sequences are standardized codes like 1 Cor for 1st Corinthians, for the book, then the numbers separated by a colon represent, I think, chapter and verse respectively.

Of course, to a schlepper like me, even if I guessed the book, the chapter and verse numbers would be meaningless, but some of the quotes are so popular among the sects as to be instantly recognizable just from the chapter and verse numbers, and even if they're not, a soldier with a Bible can just look it up and, if it appeals to him, he probably won't forget what the numbers stand for, once he knows.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #77 on: January 25, 2010, 10:25:50 PM »
I thought that was the way it works - - if you're bullied in the workplace, you sue the institution and not the bullies (or maybe the institution AND the bullies) because it is the responsibility of the institution to maintain a harrasment-free workplace.  Weinstein didn't invent the technique, it seems to me like that is S.O.P. in all similar cases.

The institution has to know about the harassment and do nothing for it to be responsible. Did Weinstein report his ass kicking to his superiors? I would suspect he didn't because he didn't even share the info with his family.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #78 on: January 25, 2010, 10:42:39 PM »
<<A sequence of alphanumeric digits is now a "sectarian religious symbol"?

<<So, what sect does this sentence represent?>>

Well, plane would know better than I, but my guess is that the alfanumeric sequences each represent a chapter and verse from a book of  the King James Bible, so the sect would be any Protestant denomination that uses that Bible.  Some of the sequences are standardized codes like 1 Cor for 1st Corinthians, for the book, then the numbers separated by a colon represent, I think, chapter and verse respectively.

Of course, to a schlepper like me, even if I guessed the book, the chapter and verse numbers would be meaningless, but some of the quotes are so popular among the sects as to be instantly recognizable just from the chapter and verse numbers, and even if they're not, a soldier with a Bible can just look it up and, if it appeals to him, he probably won't forget what the numbers stand for, once he knows.

You never heard of chapter and verse?

It is a simple system for makeing reference to particular passages.

One of the citations on the gun sights, 2COR4:6, is an apparent reference to Second Corinthians 4:6 of the New Testament, which reads: "For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ."

Other references include citations from the books of Revelation, Matthew and John dealing with Jesus as "the light of the world." John 8:12, referred to on the gun sights as JN8:12, reads, "Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."

One of the special features of this equipment is its ability to be used in low light.

According to Trijicon, the ACOG is "designed to function in bright light, low light or no light conditions," and is "ideal for combat due to its high degree of discrimination, even among multiple moving targets."

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #79 on: January 26, 2010, 12:42:56 AM »
<<The institution has to know about the harassment and do nothing for it to be responsible. Did Weinstein report his ass kicking to his superiors? I would suspect he didn't because he didn't even share the info with his family.>>

I don't believe the institution has to know about the harassment, it's enough if they should have known, but were willfully blind to it.

Military schools have long traditions of violent and often racist hazing, abuse, etc. , which are well documented.  The institution ought to have been aware of the possibility, monitored its halls and grounds, and been alert to the ramifications of its charges showing up bruised, battered or otherwise injured.  Failure to take appropriate steps = guilt and complicity.  My guess would be if the institution did not know, it was because it didn't want to know, it chose not to know, or perhaps even knew all the sordid details and participated in a cover-up.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #80 on: January 26, 2010, 12:53:40 AM »
I don't believe the institution has to know about the harassment, it's enough if they should have known, but were willfully blind to it.

To be willfully blind you have to know about it.

Are you an accessory to rape if one of your coworkers rapes someone?

Didn't think so.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #81 on: January 26, 2010, 12:56:20 AM »
The institution ought to have been aware of the possibility, monitored its halls and grounds, and been alert to the ramifications of its charges showing up bruised, battered or otherwise injured.

Unless the charge lied to the authorities about what happened.
Wanna bet that is what happened?

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #82 on: January 26, 2010, 07:39:09 AM »
<<To be willfully blind you have to know about it.>>

Can you think of any instances where the military knew that some BAD, bad shit had gone down and tried to cover it up?  to sweep it all under the rug?  Try, BT.   Try real hard.

<<Are you an accessory to rape if one of your coworkers rapes someone?>>

You've badly confused your levels, BT.  You've eliminated one rung of the hierarchy and put the person responsible on the same level as the perp and the vic.  This is not a case of unknowing co-worker responsible for criminal co-worker, or unknowing student responsible for criminal fellow student.  This is a case of military school administration responsible for the student-on-student crime occurring in its institution.  

<<Didn't think so. >>

Didn't think so, my ass.  You didn't think.  Period.

IMHO, you allowed your anti-Semitic prejudices to override your common sense and got stuck out on a limb with no way back.  Rather than just accept the obvious, that Weinstein, the Jew shit-disturber, happens to be right, and the military once again wrong, you went on a shoot-the-messenger rampage and (pardon the mixed metaphor) painted yourself into a corner.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 07:46:42 AM by Michael Tee »

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #83 on: January 26, 2010, 07:51:16 AM »
<<Unless the charge lied to the authorities about what happened.
<<Wanna bet that is what happened? >>

Hey yeah I think yer on ta something BT.  So Weinstein says he fell down a flight of stairs and all of the other students say they rushed out of their rooms and found him on the bottom step.  Case closed.  Onward and upward.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 08:01:26 AM by Michael Tee »

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #84 on: January 26, 2010, 01:07:02 PM »
Hey yeah I think yer on ta something BT.  So Weinstein says he fell down a flight of stairs and all of the other students say they rushed out of their rooms and found him on the bottom step.  Case closed.  Onward and upward.

Remember Weinstein admitted that he never even told his family what happened.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #85 on: January 26, 2010, 02:25:08 PM »
Of course he didn't tell his family.  His family would have raised holy hell over it.  Don't you know one single God-damn thing about bullying and victimization?  The victim is too embarrassed and/or scared to open up about it to anyone.

If Weinstein was severely beaten, there would have been plenty of marks to show it and the school would have been amply aware of the possibilities of hazing or other abuse.  That's not some far-fetched speculation, that's the way these things usually go down.   And the school covered it up, so it would (hopefully) never see the light of day.  They saw only what they wanted to see, not what they didn't want to see.

Weinstein is fighting a heroic battle to see this kind of shit never happens again.  He is doing his damndest to see that sectarianism and religious bigotry can't get a foothold in a secular institution.  Where is it written that military-issue gunsights have to have Biblical quotes engraved on them in code?  Who the fuck needs them?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #86 on: January 26, 2010, 02:32:07 PM »
Where is it written that military-issue gunsights have to have Biblical quotes engraved on them in code?  

Looking forward to when Tee can demonstrate how such quotes have been made mandatory, not just to be on any scopes, but for the soldiers to also read them, as required to establish a religion

I hope no one's going to hold their breath
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 02:53:08 PM by sirs »
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #87 on: January 26, 2010, 03:14:08 PM »
If Weinstein was severely beaten, there would have been plenty of marks to show it and the school would have been amply aware of the possibilities of hazing or other abuse.  That's not some far-fetched speculation, that's the way these things usually go down.   And the school covered it up, so it would (hopefully) never see the light of day.  They saw only what they wanted to see, not what they didn't want to see.

If Weinstein did not report the beating and if asked where the bruises came from, did not tell the truth, he was in violation of the Air Force Academy Honor Code. Goes to character and by extension courage.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #88 on: January 26, 2010, 03:31:36 PM »
<<If Weinstein did not report the beating and if asked where the bruises came from, did not tell the truth, he was in violation of the Air Force Academy Honor Code. Goes to character and by extension courage.>>

Goes to character?  Please.  Forget that Sunday School shit.  How does ratting out a guy who gave you a beating you're not man enough to avenge in like manner constitute character?  Every officer in that institution knows the real code is the unwritten code: Don't rat on your brother officers.  How do you think those fucking bastards get away with My Lai and all their other atrocities and crimes, 99% of them unreported? 

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #89 on: January 26, 2010, 03:40:39 PM »
How does ratting out a guy who gave you a beating you're not man enough to avenge in like manner constitute character?

Do we have any evidence that he exacted revenge upon his persecutors?

But your argument kid of does make sense in that he knew that the institution was not at fault but that some of his fellow corp members were.

Which is what i have been arguing all along, that it is not the institution that established the beat downs nor the sights, yet that is who Weinstein goes after, and usually gets the case thrown out of court.

So unless he is a slow learner, winning the case is not what his crusade is all about, it's the self promotion and publicity which in turn increases donations, that he is after.