Author Topic: Excusing Palestinian Terrorists  (Read 7438 times)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Excusing Palestinian Terrorists
« Reply #60 on: March 06, 2008, 05:03:49 PM »
<<Rich he beams about the Soviets supposedly "giving back" land but
if Israel did the exact same thing, "gave" back land but dictated
every move and kept 4 ground troop divisions there Michael
would be howling like hell.
When the Soviets do it, hey
it's something to brag about, if Israel did the exact same
thing the Soviets did Israel would be demonized.>>

Idiot.  That's pretty much what Israel just DID.  In Gaza. 

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #61 on: March 06, 2008, 05:07:37 PM »

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: March 06, 2008, 05:13:14 PM »
"That's pretty much what Israel just DID.  In Gaza"

EXACTLY!
Soviets do it...it's applauded.
Israel does it...Isreal is demonized!
Michael sits on "stolen land"...hey it was stolen a long time ago....so thats ok.
Israel sits on "stolen land"......DEMONS THEY ARE!

Rich

« Reply #63 on: March 06, 2008, 05:18:37 PM »
>>if Israel did the exact same thing the Soviets did Israel would be demonized.<<

I don't think it really matters to him what Israel does. He wants them dead, period. Like I've said before, anyone who defends the Soviet Union today has more than a screw loose. 20 ... 40 million dead? Doesn't matter. He'll explain it away with some delusion rambing his manic brain concocts out of whole cloth.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: March 06, 2008, 05:28:09 PM »
I fail to see what possible disadvantage it could be for the president of the US to have a peaceful dialog with any world leaders.
Obama is wise to suggest this. Juniorbush is a stubborn fool for not having done it.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: March 06, 2008, 05:28:52 PM »
<<Soviets do it...it's applauded.>>

To bring you back to the real world, if only just for a microsecond:  Rich claimed that the Soviets never gave back land taken in battle.  I provided several examples.  I did not applaud them or ask for applause.  I merely wanted to  demonstrate that as usual, Rich was full of shit.  And I did.  The Soviets never had to re-invade Bulgaria or Yugoslavia.  They DID have to re-invade Czechoslovakia - - 23 YEARS after giving the land back.  In 23 years a lot can happen.  Friends can become not so friendly.  The point being, when they gave back Slovakia, they gave back Slovakia.  The Czechoslovak government happened to be very friendly with Russia at the time.  So were a lot of countries - - it was the Red Army, after all, which had liberated them from the Nazis.

<<Israel does it...Isreal is demonized!>>

Rich's point was that Israel was demonized for NOT giving back land, which he defended by claiming that no countries other than Israel and the U.S.A. had EVER given back land.  A claim that was easily demolished for the ignorant bullshit that it was.  Once again, you have moved the goal-posts - - no longer is the issue whether the Soviet Union gave back land or not - - you were thoroughly busted on that one!!  So now the goal-posts are moved again (don't your back and shoulders ever get sore?) and the issue is who is demonized or not demonized for exercising too much control over the people whose land was given back to them.

<<Michael sits on "stolen land"...hey it was stolen a long time ago....so thats ok.>.

Oh shit.  Not only did you move the goal-posts (again!) now you want to start a whole new game.  One that I already won just a few posts back.  Sorry, not playing same game again.

<<Israel sits on "stolen land"......DEMONS THEY ARE!>>

Yeah yeah yeah.  Give it up already.  When ya lose, ya lose.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: March 06, 2008, 06:32:41 PM »
"no longer is the issue whether the Soviet Union gave back land or not"

Yes it is.
In reality it is not giving land back if the people remain slaves on the land they are "given".
The people on the land the Soviets so called "gave back" were dominated by the Soviets.
So they didn't give shit back.
Just like if Israel gives back land but remains in total control you'd be screaming holy hell.

You're demonization of Israel is very much a part of this thread and thats why
you sitting on stolen land and then condemning Israel is still a part of the discussion.
Your hypocrisy is a constant and never excluded from a discussion that concerns Israel.

The goal posts are not moved just because your condemnations of Israel are
shown for the frauds they are. You have not even condemned today's attack
that targeted innocent civilians at a religious seminary in Israel. You have
no shame.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: March 06, 2008, 06:54:51 PM »
You have not even condemned today's attack that targeted innocent civilians at a religious seminary in Israel.

That also speaks volumes, unfortunately
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: March 06, 2008, 07:45:13 PM »
<<In reality it is not giving land back if the people remain slaves on the land they are "given".
The people on the land the Soviets so called "gave back" were dominated by the Soviets.
<<So they didn't give shit back.
<<Just like if Israel gives back land but remains in total control you'd be screaming holy hell.>>

You're just talking out of your ass through sheer damned ignorance.  The Soviet Union did not retain "total control" over any of its satellites.  They all set their own policies, decided through their own communist parties how much private enterprise would remain, which businesses and services would be nationalized, who the leaders of the nation would be and what kind of infrastructure to invest in.  Some resources (typically, the Hungarian uranium mines) were subject to war reparations agreements and whether the Hungarians liked it or not, those uranium-supply agreements were carved in stone by the Russians.  They had not asked the Hungarians to sign up with Adolf Hitler, nor asked them to invade their Soviet Union, nor asked them to devastate it and kill millions of their citizens.  So when the war was over and the Hungarians lost the war, they had to ship out their uranium whether they liked it or not.

Israel DID retain control over Gaza, controls its ports, makes them export through Israeli ports, controls the electricity and water which it can turn on and off at will.  There was never any such control by the U.S.S.R. over the Eastern European communist countries.

If you are going to debate things, at least keep your facts in the real world.  You are repeating Cold War propaganda as if it were fact.  You sound ridiculous.

They weren't "slaves" on the land - - that's typical bullshit Cold War propaganda; I was in some of those communist countries - - well, one of them, East Germany, and they were no more slaves than you are.

Rich

« Reply #69 on: March 06, 2008, 07:47:34 PM »
>>That also speaks volumes, unfortunately.<<

It certainly does.

I've been drawn into a pissing match with people who really don't deserve even the tiniest bit of respect. I'm done. There's nothing to gain associating with people like this.

fatman

« Reply #70 on: March 06, 2008, 07:52:51 PM »
I've been drawn into a pissing match with people who really don't deserve even the tiniest bit of respect. I'm done. There's nothing to gain associating with people like this.

Now that's a crying shame.  Wonder who Rich will find to insult and slander, err, debate with now.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #71 on: March 06, 2008, 07:56:11 PM »

<<Now that's a crying shame.  Wonder who Rich will find to insult and slander, err, debate with now.>>

Someone on his own intellectual level, I have no doubt.  One of the higher primates.

fatman

« Reply #72 on: March 06, 2008, 09:04:58 PM »
Higher?

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #73 on: March 06, 2008, 09:13:09 PM »
<<Higher?>>

Well, yeah, higher.  Not homo sapiens, of course, but something around the order of the Great Apes - - I don't think it's fair to stick him in with the lemurs, actually.  Not fair to him and certainly not fair to the lemurs.  They'd all wind up a bunch of dead lemurs if Rich thought they were disagreeing with him.

fatman

« Reply #74 on: March 06, 2008, 09:29:15 PM »
Does a baboon qualify as a great ape?