Author Topic: "Sizable proportion" of Dems might vote McCain if their candidate isn't nominee  (Read 7051 times)

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
I would want Dick Morris advise on who will help McCain the most.

Me too.

The architect Karl Rove has recommended that Romney would be a good pick for McCain. I voted for Rudy in the primary, so I think he would be a good pick as well. But I would like to see a pick that would deliver a Democrat state to the GOP.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
A sizeable portion of Floridians are not imbeciles and will reject the GOP
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2008, 10:36:40 AM »
There is NO REASON why anyone should vote for the asshole GOP. They have screwed up this country for generations by mongering this expensive and useless war. For the price of this useless, dumbassed war, we could have paid for SS for 75 more years.

Crist is a whole lot less popular now that his tax and insurance reductions didn't actually reduce taxes and insurance as promised.

Most Floridians are quite aware that the president and the governor are different people a rarely have much effect on one another.

To like Lieberman, you have to be a fanatical Zionist, which even most Florid Jews aren't.

The evangelicals will stay home, the immigrants will reject McCain as anti-immigrant, and the Blacks and/or women will vote in unprecedented numbers for Obama or Hillary.

Retirees will recognize that another 100 years of war in Iraq will result in their losing their Social Security, either to GOP thievery or inflation.

McCain has nothing going for him. Only the mild success of the poorly named "surge" and the cartoonish nature of the other GOP alternatives bailed him out of the Dumpster of Destiny.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
For the price of this useless, dumbassed war, we could have paid for SS for 75 more years.

SS costs are $1,093 billion for this year, and will increase until 2048, after which they will level off.

So, you're claiming that this war cost the US at least $75,000 billion?

I've not seen anything that indicates it cost us that much money - what is your source?
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
GOP has wrecked the economy and we can't afford any more of their stupidity
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2008, 11:58:23 AM »
The total cost of the Iraq War was quoted on Frontline last Tuesday at three trillion dollars, including the payments to sustain the wounded, crippled, blind and insane, and nearly all of them would be hale and hearty today, had it not been for Junorbush's stupid war.

Go find the two part Frontline series "Bush's War".
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 12:00:27 PM by Xavier_Onassis »

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
The total cost of the Iraq War was quoted on Frontline last Tuesday at three trillion dollars, including the payments to sustain the wounded, crippled, blind and insane, and nearly all of them would be hale and hearty today, had it not been for Junorbush's stupid war.

$3,000 billion is a far cry from $75,000 billion.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Crist is a whole lot less popular now that his tax and insurance reductions didn't actually reduce taxes and insurance as promised.

The latest poll from last week's Tampa Trib has Crist at 65% approval.

You obviously made this up.

Or have you been polling your cat again?

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
McCain/Romney 08?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
McCain despises Romney, by the way,

They would be strange bedfellows.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Wouldn't be the 1st time
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
There are those photos of McCain hugging Juniorbush, with his eyes closed and a sappy smile on his face as though he were some big, cuddly bear.

McCain is a man of stern principles... so long as they do not get in the way of his ambition.

MirstnKim

Oh, I remember the days when JSOV and I battled over McCain when he was running against Bush. 
I did not like McCain then, nor do I now.  Though, after the hour long interview with Sean Hannity, I do have a new appreciation for him.
My choice was for Romney.  I believe he would have done a great service to this country with the economy.
I am hoping against hope that McCain will pick him as his VP.  I then could at least plug my nose and vote for him.
Please do not let JSOV know that I will be voting McCain. 
By the way, who has JSOV endorsed?  He really liked McCain back then.  I'm curious if his mind has changed now that he is a real nominee.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Please do not let JSOV know that I will be voting McCain. 

Your secret's safe   :)

*waves to the fine lady across the saloon*

"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Here is McCain's first general election campaign spot. It's running in Democrat leaning New Mexico.

Panic has officially set in at the offices of the Democrat National Committee.   :)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gTioRwU9F0[/youtube]

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
What a towering bunch of hogwash!

It makes it sound like he won the Vietnam War by telling his serial number.

If he's the president we were waithing for, why, of Dear Lord why, did the asshole Republicans make us endure eight years of dumbass Juniorbush and thieving Cheney?

McCain..... his time has come.......and gone.

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
McCain..... his time has come.......and gone.

That's a weird thing to say about somebody who is on the verge of becoming the next president.

While the Dems are knifing each other and backbiting, McCain in touring the world and telling his biography. He looks like a president; the Democrats don't.