Author Topic: Ya All Remember This Ho  (Read 5269 times)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Ya All Remember This Ho
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2010, 08:58:56 PM »
<<So because he allegedly beat up a gay, he must really be a secret serial rapist? Nonsense.>>

Participated in a three-on-one unprovoked attack on a gay man, sexually exploited a crack ho, escaped serious consequences in both cases, I dunno, what do you think, he found Jesus and became a saint?  Nine times out of ten, a piece of shit is a piece of shit is a piece of shit.  Leopards DON'T change their spots.  When it happens, it's a rarity. 

I don't have any friends who beat up gay people, and I don't have any friends who got accused of rape by a crack ho.  Don't know anyone who does. 

If you are going to argue that the most likely outcome is that this guy finally cleaned up his act and became a model citizen, I am going to have to laugh in your face.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2010, 09:03:45 PM »
<<So because he allegedly beat up a gay, he must really be a secret serial rapist? Nonsense.>>

Participated in a three-on-one unprovoked attack on a gay man, sexually exploited a crack ho, escaped serious consequences in both cases, I dunno, what do you think, he found Jesus and became a saint?  Nine times out of ten, a piece of shit is a piece of shit is a piece of shit.  Leopards DON'T change their spots.  When it happens, it's a rarity. 

I don't have any friends who beat up gay people, and I don't have any friends who got accused of rape by a crack ho.  Don't know anyone who does. 

If you are going to argue that the most likely outcome is that this guy finally cleaned up his act and became a model citizen, I am going to have to laugh in your face.

What keeps yourself from being accused falsely of these or any other sort of crime?

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2010, 09:22:20 PM »
Participated in a three-on-one unprovoked attack on a gay man, sexually exploited a crack ho, escaped serious consequences in both cases, I dunno, what do you think, he found Jesus and became a saint?

There was no sexual exploitation of a "crack ho" and there was no attack on a "gay man". The "crack ho" voluntarily danced for pay (indeed, it was her occupation) and Jeffrey O. Bloxgom is not gay.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Universe Prince

• Of course liberty isn't safe; but it is good.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2010, 09:43:00 PM »

Participated in a three-on-one unprovoked attack on a gay man,

A "minor scuffle" according to the evidence you provided.

sexually exploited a crack ho,

If they had coerced her into stripping, you might have a point. They didn't.

escaped serious consequences in both cases, I dunno, what do you think, he found Jesus and became a saint?  Nine times out of ten, a piece of shit is a piece of shit is a piece of shit.  Leopards DON'T change their spots.  When it happens, it's a rarity.

That he did two apparently minor bad things that are not rape is hardly grounds to assume he must be a serial rapist.

I don't have any friends who beat up gay people, and I don't have any friends who got accused of rape by a crack ho.  Don't know anyone who does.  

You've never known anyone who was falsely accused? I have. And no, no one is arguing the guy became a model citizen. But I am arguing that there is plenty of ground between model citizen and serial rapist. Your assumptions about the guy based on two incidents in his life, incidents about which you and I have limited information, is not even remotely close to grounds to accuse the guy of being a serial rapist.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 09:45:53 PM by Universe Prince »
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
--Hieronymus Karl Frederick Baron von Munchausen ("The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" [1988])--

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2010, 10:05:09 PM »
<<[Entry into a diversionary program to escape prosecution doesn't]  mean that it happened, either. >>

Excuse me, but it most likely does.  Persons entering a diversionary program have to admit responsibility for their actions.  

<<If there was evidence that could have led to a conviction, I'm sure they would have tried for one.>>

Sounds like you never heard of a nolle prosequi ("nolle pros") plea - - a prosecutor who doesn't believe he has a reasonable chance of getting a conviction on the evidence available is obligated to plead nolle pros and the charges will be dismissed.  In your twisted scenario, an unethical prosecutor is forcing an innocent man (i.e., a man against whom there is not enough evidence to secure a conviction) to admit responsibility for an act which in fact is a crime, to serve 25 hours in community service and to stay out of trouble for 18 months or face further additional penalties.  THAT would truly be a perversion of justice.  No ethical prosecutor would stoop to it.

On the theory that there are more honest prosecutors than dishonest ones, I'd say that Finnerty's choice to enter into the diversionary program rather than go to trial on the gay-bashing charges indicates that he clearly DID commit the criminal acts more or less as charged.  Particularly given the high level of legal representation that his family's wealth provided to him.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2010, 10:17:30 PM »
<<A "minor scuffle" according to the evidence you provided.>>

Read through what I provided to you.  It was a "minor scuffle" in the words of this creep's lawyers, not in the words of anyone else, certainly not in the eyes of the victim.

<<If they had coerced her into stripping, you might have a point [that they sexually exploited a crack ho.] They didn't.>>

They sexually exploited her the same way the mine owners exploited the children who worked in their mines.  They did not coerce those children into working the mines any more than the lacrosse team coerced the crack ho into stripping.  Economic necessity did the coercion and the exploiters just offered the money.  Your cock-eyed concept of "exploitation" makes coercion by the exploiter a necessary element, but that is just so much horse manure.

<<That he did two apparently minor bad things that are not rape is hardly grounds to assume he must be a serial rapist.>>

Gay-bashing is not "minor" to anyone but a confirmed homophobe, nor is sexual exploitation, and what they DO indicate is that his family's money and his related successes at avoiding serious consequences for actions that would have seen less privileged youth doing jail time will very likely lead to a repetition of those and similar offences, probably of an escalating nature, which will continue as long as he's able to avoid serious consequences arising out of them.

<<You've never known anyone who was falsely accused? I have. And no, no one is arguing the guy became a model citizen. But I am arguing that there is plenty of ground between model citizen and serial rapist. Your assumptions about the guy based on two incidents in his life, incidents about which you and I have limited information, is not even remotely close to grounds to accuse the guy of being a serial rapist.>>

I don't recall accusing the guy of becoming a serial rapist, although it certainly would not surprise me much if he did.  Falsely accused of one sordid deed might - -  might - - just happen to be pure misfortune, but TWICE in the span of a year or two??  in different jurisdictions??  of different offences??  Give me a fuckin break!

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2010, 11:26:18 PM »
Excuse me, but it most likely does.  Persons entering a diversionary program have to admit responsibility for their actions.  

Did he admit to assault or a lesser charge? Also, how do you "gay bash" a heterosexual?
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2010, 11:33:34 PM »
This guy's a bigger piece of shit than I thought.  Six-three and he throws fake punches at some inoffensive guy's head that he and his two team-mates are repeatedly terrorizing because they think he's gay.  He enters into a diversion agreement and admits responsibility for his actions, then he tears up his agreement and goes back on his own word.  Cowardly piece of shit.

I knew it as soon as I read the story the first time.  I don't know how or why he fucked over that crack ho, but he's a piece of work, make no mistake about it.  That's the difference between a guy like me who knows life and knows people, and a guy like, say, Ami, who knows a lot of arguments and theories but not knowing people doesn't recognize a piece of shit for what it is.  In two seconds, I heard - Duke - lacrosse team - stripper - crack ho - racist insults . . . wow, that is literally all it took.  TWO FUCKING SECONDS and I had that racist prick's number.  All the "source?" and "convicted/diversion" distinctions don't mean shit.  You really have to know the world and know people.  If you don't, you're fucked.

[explanatory note:  this above posted in response to BT's posted account of the trial, not in response to Ami's comment that followed.]
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 11:35:13 PM by Michael Tee »

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2010, 11:37:47 PM »
<<Did he admit to assault or a lesser charge? >>

The admission is of responsibility for one's actions, not of any specific crime, so he would not have admitted to any specific charge, such as "assault" or blocking a sidewalk.

<<Also, how do you "gay bash" a heterosexual?>>

Easy - - you mistake a straight guy for a gay guy and bash him accordingly.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2010, 11:39:50 PM »
So we have a man accused of beating gays who aren't gays with punches that don't land.

What it really sounds like is the kid has problems with alcohol.

Universe Prince

• Of course liberty isn't safe; but it is good.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2010, 05:27:09 AM »

It was a "minor scuffle" in the words of this creep's lawyers, not in the words of anyone else, certainly not in the eyes of the victim.

The victim who apparently lied about being beat up.

<<If they had coerced her into stripping, you might have a point [that they sexually exploited a crack ho.] They didn't.>>

They sexually exploited her the same way the mine owners exploited the children who worked in their mines.  They did not coerce those children into working the mines any more than the lacrosse team coerced the crack ho into stripping.  Economic necessity did the coercion and the exploiters just offered the money.  Your cock-eyed concept of "exploitation" makes coercion by the exploiter a necessary element, but that is just so much horse manure.

So now an adult choosing to take her clothes off for money is the same as allowing children to work as miners? You seem to be the only peddling manure here.

Gay-bashing is not "minor" to anyone but a confirmed homophobe, nor is sexual exploitation, and what they DO indicate is that his family's money and his related successes at avoiding serious consequences for actions that would have seen less privileged youth doing jail time will very likely lead to a repetition of those and similar offences, probably of an escalating nature, which will continue as long as he's able to avoid serious consequences arising out of them.

You're an expert on the guy, his family and his mental state are you? or is this just read-it-in-a-book-so-it-must-be-true pop psychology?

I don't recall accusing the guy of becoming a serial rapist,

Yes, my mistake. You just wondered if he was hiring more strippers and beating rape charges from them too.

Falsely accused of one sordid deed might - -  might - - just happen to be pure misfortune, but TWICE in the span of a year or two??  in different jurisdictions??  of different offences??  Give me a fuckin break!

Sometimes, Michael, shit just happens. No one is arguing the guy is a saint. But falsely accused is still falsely accused, no matter how many times it happens.
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
--Hieronymus Karl Frederick Baron von Munchausen ("The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" [1988])--

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2010, 12:11:29 PM »
<<So we have a man accused of beating gays who aren't gays with punches that don't land. >>

No, you have a man accused of participating in a group assault on another man whose lip was burst and chin bruised in the assault.  FYI, a pulled punch is an assault. 

However, we could look at the actions of this little angel in pure factual detail.  He (standing 6-3) and two other team-mates accost a pair of inoffensive men leaving a bar, complete strangers, and demand that one of them admit he's gay, throw punches, at least two of which land on the guy's face and voice numerous other homophobic insults.

Now, I dunno.  Maybe I don't know America as well as I think I do.  Let me ask someone who lives there.  How would you characterize this guy's behaviour?  Normal boisterous fun?  Is this the way you yourself like to act when you go out for the evening?  Is this how you'd like to see your own son act?

Why are we beating around the bush with this guy?  It is as obvious as obvious can be, this guy is a low-life piece of shit, a coward, a bully and a scum-bag.  What else can he be, to act like that?  Who can possibly defend him?

Then, as if that's not bad enough, he and his pals hire a crack ho to strip for them at a party - - OK, fair enough, who are they going to get to strip for their party, Scarlett Johannson? - - and then they rip her off, insult her, or otherwise piss her off to the point where she's gonna cry rape on them.  Again, a little understanding of human nature and life comes in handy sometimes.  In my general experience, which includes frat parties, which includes pre-wedding stag parties, etc., you treat the girls right, with respect, and like decent human beings, and you will never, ever have a problem with them, because this is their livelihood.  As I've said, I don't know anyone who has ever been charged with rape by an  entertainer, rightly or wrongly, and if rape charges followed stag parties even once in a thousand times, there just wouldn't be stag parties.  These guys, to merit a rape charge from their own stripper, either raped her or did something else to majorly piss her off, although since the boys seem like such modest, reticent young men, we'll probably never know what.   All we can surmise is that probably (as in 90% likely) they did something really bad to merit this woman's ire, with a 10% chance that maybe this is just one crazy, angry crack ho.  However, given the team's previous performance in the gay-bashing arena, I would say that the odds of them treating a crack ho properly and fairly are slim to nonexistent.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2010, 12:32:46 PM »
In my general experience, which includes frat parties, which includes pre-wedding stag parties, etc., you treat the girls right, with respect, and like decent human beings, and you will never, ever have a problem with them, because this is their livelihood.

I guess this girl just gets mixed up with the wrong sort all the time. After all, that was the *second* time that she accused a group of men of raping her - and the first time was discovered to have been a lie as well.

What are the chances of her being gang-raped by three white guys twice? Yes, the first time around she even specified three white men as well, it was pretty much the same story as she told with the Duke lacrosse players.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2010, 12:38:11 PM »
<<The victim who apparently lied about being beat up.>>

He lied, huh?  So his lip just burst spontaneously in the course of a heated discussion and his chin spontaneously bruised in sympathy?  But why . . . oh, I get it.  Blame the victim.  Of course.  Sorry, I'm a little slow this morning.

<<So now an adult choosing to take her clothes off for money is the same as allowing children to work as miners?>>

No, that is not what I said.  I said that both were examples of exploitation.

<<You seem to be the only peddling manure here.>>

Why, falsifying my words doesn't count as manure?  Sure does in my book.  Don't be so modest.

<<You're an expert on the guy, his family and his mental state are you? or is this just read-it-in-a-book-so-it-must-be-true pop psychology?>>

When I see shit that looks like shit and smells like shit, I know it's shit.  If that makes me an "expert" on shit and its antecedents, so be it.  That was your claim to my "expertise" and not mine.

<<Sometimes, Michael, shit just happens. No one is arguing the guy is a saint. But falsely accused is still falsely accused, no matter how many times it happens.>>

Well, Prince, you obviously have your rose-coloured glasses and you seem to love looking through them.  Maybe the guy really is doubly unfortunate to be beset by so many false accusations.  You go on looking on him as you please, and as for myself, I know a piece of shit when I see on and Colin Finnerty is nothing if not an egregiously stinking piece of lousy shit.  His team-mates, too.  Especially the guy who wants to skin and eat a black stripper.  Although I guess to you he's just a healthy normal good-natured young fella with an outlandish sense of humour.  Ah well, to each his own.