Author Topic: Just when you thought the MSM couldn't sink much lower  (Read 2276 times)

BSB

Re: Just when you thought the MSM couldn't sink much lower
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2013, 09:52:13 AM »
Neither Fox or MSNBC are news station. Both are propaganda outlets.

BSB

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2013, 09:58:40 AM »
Fox has regular news hours, i don't know about MSNBC. But in Fox's case it is a news station with other shows thrown in, which makes it much like CBS,ABC NBC and the rest.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2013, 02:14:12 PM »
Neither Fox or MSNBC are news station. Both are propaganda outlets.

BSB

Please provide an example of how Fox news is a propaganda outlet??  What news have they doctored or altered to skew what was being reported??
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2013, 02:16:11 PM »
And one wonders why so many more, and those numbers are growing, don't trust the MSM, and actually consder the internet a more credible source of news
===========================================================================
I do not wonder about this at all. There are ever more people who do not read any serious newspaper or magazine and prefer simplistic solutions to every issue.

The whole thing about criticizing the "MSM" is quite stupid, being as the term refers to the sum total of every media outlet of every description. The Internet, if used logically and thoroughly, probably is a more complete source than any single news outlet. That of course, is not how most people use it.

Saying "The Internet is better than the MSM" is like saying that sandwiches are better than casseroles, or vice versa, cars are better than buses, craigslist is better than the mall.

It reveals a simplistic attitude and mindset. The average American has little of no knowledge of the world and not much ambition to learn. I have known educated people who have visited Egypt and claimed that it was right on the Equator, that Dominica and the Dominican Republic are the same country and they have visited both,and that Ecuador is entirely stiflingly hot everywhere and all year.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2013, 02:20:54 PM »
What news have they doctored or altered to skew what was being reported??
=============================================================
The entire Benghazi thing was propagandized. Spending day after day after tedious day harping on how this was of major importance was clearly propagandistic. Putting Ann Coulter or Sean Hannity on what is called a "NEWS network" is nothing but propagandistic. Ailes has admitted that he designed Fox to appeal to rightwingers.

If you are unable to see this, then your opinion is worthless.

BSB

« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2013, 02:22:47 PM »
Fox "News" is the media arm of the far right. MSNBC is the same thing but for the left. Why would anyone pretend otherwise?

BSB

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2013, 02:28:18 PM »
Fox news is a news channel. Their reporters are members of the press. Why you would claim otherwise, i do not know.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2013, 02:30:51 PM »
What news have they doctored or altered to skew what was being reported??
=============================================================
The entire Benghazi thing was propagandized.

HOW?  Reporting it is not doctoring it.  Just because the rest of the MSM decided to give it a pass, doesn't make it any less news.  It was HUGE news. 

So, let's try this again.....What news have they doctored or altered to skew what was being reported??

Fox "News" is the media arm of the far right. MSNBC is the same thing but for the left. Why would anyone pretend otherwise?

BSB

So you have squat, as far as examples as well.  Nice to feel the validation.  Thanks 
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2013, 02:31:24 PM »
It seems bloody obvious to me.

When a news story is summarized in 5 minutes and followed (after umpteen mind-numbing commercials) by 20 minutes of commentary on one and only one view, that is clearly a bias.

PBS and the BBC typically spend 10minutes on the news issue and then follow with an interview of at least two opposing sides of the issue. That is far less biased.

BSB

« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2013, 02:39:43 PM »
If you need an example as to why Fox or MSNBC are biased you're beyond hope.

You know, why is it so many people refuse to see what's right in front of them?   

BSB

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2013, 02:44:27 PM »
It seems bloody obvious to me.

Ahhh, for xo, when he is left with an empty barrel, he resorts to the "obvious" tactic.  It's just obvious.....to a hard core liberal perhaps.  And then we have....

If you need an example as to why Fox or MSNBC are biased you're beyond hope.

BSB

Bsb's continued inability to provide even 1 example as it relates to Fox's supposed propaganda efforts, if there's all these multitudes right in front of us.  Yes, I do feel better...thanks for the continued validation

BSB

« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2013, 03:13:42 PM »
To not acccept the fact that Fox and MSNBC are biased, and to further require proof of those known facts in a debate, is borderline sociopathic. And I won't contribute to that kind of meaningless, for all concerned, exchange.  Nor, I might add, should you.

BSB
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 03:33:08 PM by BSB »

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2013, 04:24:30 PM »
I depend on BBC,PBS and occasionally Al Jazeera English for news. Fox is a sort of comedy. I see it rather as I see the Onion. or advertisements telling me that bananas will give me a big belly, i.e., for amusement. Rather more like a visit to a freak show.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2013, 04:37:19 PM »
Fox opinion shows may have some bias but i haven't noticed bias from Shep Smith and the other news reporter. But i have seen bias on 60 minutes which is produced by CBS news so it balances out. But to deny that Fox News is a news agency defies logic.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2013, 05:25:28 PM »
To not acccept the fact that Fox and MSNBC are biased, and to further require proof of those known facts in a debate, is borderline sociopathic.

a) never claimed that neither was biased.  One leans a little to the right, the other is a bonafide propoganda arm of the Democrat party

b) to accept a "fact" you claim without actually supporting it as a "fact", outside of just your say so, is dare I say, is borderline sociopathic.  I actually produced a blatant example by MSNBC, not to mention the prior examples at both NBC news, and CBS news

You seriously need to start bringing your A game, at some point