Author Topic: So...all that hot air that Obama was intimate with the Benghazi attack  (Read 4950 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: So...all that hot air that Obama was intimate with the Benghazi attack
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2013, 10:58:25 AM »
Who cares what the core aims of Al Queda are.

If they were a totally political group that was trying to change the government of Saudi Arabia we would probly ignore them.

It is because they have the illusion that their cause requires killing Americans that we are concerned with them.

If they were killing fifty times as many Americans as they are their aims would be advanced not a whit , this is true, so they always were self defeating, but because they continue to think that Americans dieing is good for what they want , it doesn't matter how wrong they are about that .

If they don't smarten up , we need to kill them.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2013, 11:22:36 AM »
Al Qaeda's purpose is not to kill ambassadors.They could kill every ambassador on the planet and still be no closer to their goals. Of course, the US needs to defend itself against these crazies.

Another oxymoron application.  No one claimed AlQeada's purpose was to kill Ambassadors, its purpose is to kill westerners that don't convert or allow themselves to be subjugated by their mutated version of Islam.  Americans in particular.  And if given a chance to mount an attack on the anniversary of 911, and take out a prominent American (in title), even if they didn't know he was there at the complex, its a good bet they would take it.

And they did, so of course the U.S. needs to defend itself against those crazies.  We can start by addressing the questions that would have better done exactly that, which you appear to not give a damn about, so obviously you don't give a damn if they kill more Americans, so long as your prescious political party and their community organizer & chief are left alone
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2013, 12:55:25 PM »
But then, the righties claim that we should NOT kill Al Qaeda members if they are American citizens.

If Obama were not president, of course, they would never say this. They were all gung ho for torture and invading Iraq and all sorts of stuff when Juniorbush was in charge.

Everything that needs to be known about Benghazi, is known. There is no reason to hold these idiotic hearings other than to entertain the least literate 'baggers.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2013, 01:18:58 PM »
But then, the righties claim that we should NOT kill Al Qaeda members if they are American citizens.

That is not an accurate statement. I know my objections to killing American Al-Queda members has to do with due process. I am not comfortable with placing the decision of life or death from the deathrays of a drone with a man who also is seriously intent on disarming law abiding american citizens.

Capturing an Al Queda memebr and tying him to a terrorist act and then trying them in a court of law seems a more equitable solution.

Substitute the term Al-Queda with Mafia, KKK, Communist, Anarchist or Weatherman and see if you come to the same conclusion.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2013, 01:34:27 PM »
Everything that needs to be known about Benghazi, is known. There is no reason to hold these idiotic hearings other than to entertain the least literate 'baggers.

..and to get to the bottom of how it happened, why it happened, to prevent it from happening again, and to bring those that attacked us, to justice.  But then again, who gives a damn about that either, right?
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2013, 08:06:01 PM »

That is not an accurate statement. I know my objections to killing American Al-Queda members has to do with due process. I am not comfortable with placing the decision of life or death from the deathrays of a drone with a man who also is seriously intent on disarming law abiding american citizens.

Capturing an Al Queda memebr and tying him to a terrorist act and then trying them in a court of law seems a more equitable solution.

Substitute the term Al-Queda with Mafia, KKK, Communist, Anarchist or Weatherman and see if you come to the same conclusion.

I disagree.
The fight against Al Quieda is much more like warfare than it is like keeping the peace.
Theere is no potential for capturing the whole gang, nor even enough of it to keep it crippled.

Al Queda is always trying to present themselves as the side of rightiousness, and then they kill the defenseless, it is unfortunate that they find plenty of gullability to present this to.

The US does not need to pretend that we are involved in anything other than a war of self defense. Killing those gulled into joining Al Quieda puts us on the side of Darwin.

Giving trials to the members of AlQuieda is not feasable ,the captured should be held till the war is over, the hard to catch should be shot by whatever wepon is most appropriate.

Let it be known that joining Al Quieda is equivelent to renouncing American citizenship.

If American members of Al Quieda object to that , let them surrender themselves to a US Marshall and fight it in court.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2013, 08:16:05 PM »
So all i need to do if i want to kill Sirs is claim he is Al Queda and wham bam thank you ma'am and a couple grand donation to Obama and Kaboom, he is gone?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2013, 08:18:13 PM »
You want me out of the saloon, that badly?    :o

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2013, 08:31:47 PM »
So all i need to do if i want to kill Sirs is claim he is Al Queda and wham bam thank you ma'am and a couple grand donation to Obama and Kaboom, he is gone?

Has Sirs renounced his American citizenship by joining Al Quieda or in any other fashion?

May I remind you that hundreds of thousands of Americans were shot for joining a disloyal group and making war on the USA already, or does you criticism extend to President Lincon also?

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2013, 08:48:27 PM »
Sirs does not need to renounce his American Citizenship to join Al Qaeda nor does he need to actually belong to Al Qaeda for the President of the United States to order his termination according to the Justice Department, No need of a panel to review the kill order. You seem to be of the opinion that is fine and dandy. I don't

Those who Lincoln ordered Union troops against, were in rebellion, had denounced their citizenship by joining the Confederates and had attacked federal property.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2013, 10:55:03 PM »

Those who Lincoln ordered Union troops against, were in rebellion, had denounced their citizenship by joining the Confederates and had attacked federal property.

How diffrent is joining Al Queda?

If the war on terror is a war then the rules of war apply and the enemy gets shot when recognised.

If the point is law enforcement then every effort to bring them in alive should be exausted before deadly force is used , like when they found Clide Barrow.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2013, 12:27:24 PM »
In the case of the Civil War, as I have said, logic was on the side of the Confederacy. If a state could voluntarily join the union, then it should have had the right to secede from the Union.

Morally, slavery was immoral and wrong. Also a bit hypocritical, since the nation had agreed to end the importation of slaves, but still allowed for their purchase and sale within the boundaries of the country. It was illogical to say that slavery was moral and the basis of the economy in half the country and immoral and curse to the country in the other half.

Politically, the South pushed the Northerners with the Dred Scott decision and the fugitive slave laws too far.

The poor Whites who did most of the dying were the suckers, since they had absolutely nothing to gain and everything to lose. Samuel Clemens, aka Mark Twain, had the proper solution for a young man from a slave state: leave it all behind and light out for the territories. When surrounded by insanity, one should always do one's best to flee.

Al Qaeda is not really concerned with internal American politics. They simply want to return the Muslim countries to some idealized XIV century caliphate, which is far more unrealistic that Reagan's and now the teabaggers' desire to return to the "good old days" of the 1950's. I agree that Al Qaeda is in a state of war with the US, and therefore membership in Al Qaeda makes them subject to the rules of war rather than the rules of civil law.  I don't see where American citizenship is much of an issue if one joins a terrorist organization pledged to kill Americans.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2013, 01:38:47 PM »
How different is the war on terror from the war on drugs or even the war on poverty.

Drone attacks on all these fronts OK with you?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2013, 02:02:54 PM »
The war on drugs is not a real war at all, neither was the war on poverty.

And of course, I am against drones being used to spy on Americans here in this country.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2013, 02:13:00 PM »
The war on drugs is not a real war at all, neither was the war on poverty.

And of course, I am against drones being used to spy on Americans here in this country.

And i am against using drones to kill Americans.