Author Topic: Ohio Islamic School Vandalized with Nazi, 'White Power' Graffiti  (Read 6947 times)

Henny

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Ohio Islamic School Vandalized with Nazi, 'White Power' Graffiti
« on: September 21, 2007, 08:01:42 AM »
OHIO ISLAMIC SCHOOL VANDALIZED WITH NAZI, 'WHITE POWER' GRAFFITI

(CLEVELAND, OH, 9/20/07) - The Ohio office of the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR-Ohio) today called on local law enforcement authorities and the FBI to investigate vandalism at an Islamic school in that state as a possible hate crime. CAIR-Ohio also urged opinion leaders in American society to repudiate Islamophobia.

The principal of the Toledo Islamic Academy in Toledo, Ohio, told CAIR that vandals broke two school windows and sprayed-painted Nazi swastikas on doors, windows, trees, and a vehicle at the facility.

"White power" was also sprayed on a vehicle. The vandalism was discovered when the school opened this morning.

"Only strong support from mainstream religious and political leaders in Ohio and nationwide will counter the rising tide of Islamophobic rhetoric in our society that can lead to such disturbing incidents," said CAIR-Ohio Legal Director Jennifer Nimer.

Nimer said there have been a number of recent incidents targeting American Muslims. Worshipers at a Columbus, Ohio, mosque were attacked with rocks, a shot was fired into a Texas mosque, a Muslim woman in New York was badly beaten in a bias attack, arsonists torched a mosque in Northern California, and an Imam at an Arizona mosque was verbally harassed by intruders on the anniversary of the 9/11 attacks. In Maryland, vandals slashed the tires of two vehicles owned by a Muslim activist whose family has suffered bias attacks over a number of years.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
Re: Ohio Islamic School Vandalized with Nazi, 'White Power' Graffiti
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2007, 11:09:16 AM »
"OHIO ISLAMIC SCHOOL VANDALIZED"

arer you surprised?

Weekly Jihad Report
Sep. 08 - Sep. 14

Jihad Attacks: 60

Dead Bodies: 332

Critically Injured: 540

Ramadan Bombathon
2007 Body Count
How Many This Year?
(numbers as of 9/19/07)

Jihad Attacks: 74

Countries: 10

Dead Bodies: 336

Critically Injured: 376

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Henny

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2007, 11:14:38 AM »
arer you surprised?

If I wasn't I am now - surprised that you find this type of bigotry justified in the U.S.

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2007, 11:26:01 AM »
I thought it was bad immediately after 9/11, when some doctors' offices were vandalized in our town.
This is horrible, and I don't know how to stop it. 
As things get worse for people here, they evidently will take it out on anyone they think it's OK to take it out on.

And now I see that "Christians"Untied for Less Government thinks it's just fine. 
Wonder if a church message says that, and if so, can I get a tape of it? That sounds right up Haggee's and Rod Parsley's alley.
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2007, 11:35:43 AM »
arer you surprised?

If I wasn't I am now - surprised that you find this type of bigotry justified in the U.S.

CU4's wording was not appropriate, I would agree.  I don't think anyone would be justifying these obviously bigoted attacks, so perhaps CU4 would have been better off in posting the stats, minus the inappropriate "query"?
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Henny

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2007, 12:06:26 PM »
arer you surprised?

CU4's wording was not appropriate, I would agree.  I don't think anyone would be justifying these obviously bigoted attacks, so perhaps CU4 would have been better off in posting the stats, minus the inappropriate "query"?

Sirs, with all due respect, I think even the stats were inappropriate in this thread - unless CU4 was trying to support a scenario where he considers bigotry and racism in Ohio a proper response to militant Islam elsewhere in the world.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2007, 12:11:27 PM »
Terrorism is properly responded to by police and or the military.

Vigilantes need not apply. Otherwise they become terrorists themselves.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2007, 12:16:59 PM »
Sirs, with all due respect, I think even the stats were inappropriate in this thread - unless CU4 was trying to support a scenario where he considers bigotry and racism in Ohio a proper response to militant Islam elsewhere in the world.

Well, I disagree with that, since I have no problem with stats demonstrating the continued onslaught militant Islam is producing.  Posting stories that showcase bogoted vandalsim is also perfectly acceptable & should be condemned, so long as there's not the implication that going after militant Islam is supposedly facilitating such vandalism, translating to we need to stop going after militant Islam
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Richpo64

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2007, 12:53:30 PM »
No Henny, I didn't do it.

Henny

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2007, 12:54:14 PM »
No Henny, I didn't do it.

I don't know Rich, that's two in Ohio just this week...

:D

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2007, 01:05:25 PM »
If I wasn't I am now - surprised that you find this type of bigotry justified in the U.S

Well I find YOUR BIGOTRY surprising.

Can you please show me where I say it is "justified"?

Or in your own bigotry and your need to rush to pigeon hole people in conclusions do you alwasy just lie about people?

I was not surprised that cops beat the hell out of Rodney King after what he did, but it certainly was not justified.

I certainly do not condone vandalizing any school.

But does it surpise me? Absolutely not after seeing the daily horror and carnage Muslims in the name of their religion are carrying out on a daily basis all over the world unlike any other religion in todays world.

People read headlines day after day after day after day after day and they react.
Muslim School Vandalized Surpising? No
Justified: NO

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Richpo64

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2007, 01:07:27 PM »
Several years ago some guy drove his pick up througjh the front door of a mosque in Parma.

PARMA!

I never even knew the thing was there.

There was an upside to it thought. One of the Imams of the mosque was found to have ranted on tape about killing Jews and had ties to money's given to Hamas. He was eventually deported.

So every cloud has a silver lining!

http://www.wkyc.com/news/rss_article.aspx?ref=RSS&storyid=61356

_JS

• Salaires legers. Chars lourds.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2007, 01:12:20 PM »
So what you're saying CU4 is that you're not surprised that Militant Islam, which has had no real effect on the Untied States in six years and never any effect on Ohio, is spurring bigoted attacks against Muslims in that state who have nothing to do with Militant Islam?

Wow, your view of the American people (or at least Ohioans) is teribly low.
I smell something burning, hope it's just my brains.
They're only dropping peppermints and daisy-chains
   So stuff my nose with garlic
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster
   Tell me lies about Vietnam.

Richpo64

« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2007, 01:19:42 PM »
>>So what you're saying CU4 is that you're not surprised that Militant Islam, which has had no real effect on the Untied States in six years and never any effect on Ohio,...<<

Huh? 180 Ohioans have been killed in Afghanistan and Iraq and over 3000 Americans have died as a result of "militant" Islam in the past six years.

In your zeal to defend the indefensible you must have forgotten.

_JS

• Salaires legers. Chars lourds.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2007, 01:22:08 PM »
>>So what you're saying CU4 is that you're not surprised that Militant Islam, which has had no real effect on the Untied States in six years and never any effect on Ohio,...<<

Huh? 180 Ohioans have been killed in Afghanistan and Iraq and over 3000 Americans have died as a result of "militant" Islam in the past six years.

In your zeal to defend the indefensible you must have forgotten.

I didn't realize they were civilians.

Arguing the Iraq War is a fight against militant Islam will take far more than just - Rich says so. I've yet to see a solid argument made to suggest that.
I smell something burning, hope it's just my brains.
They're only dropping peppermints and daisy-chains
   So stuff my nose with garlic
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster
   Tell me lies about Vietnam.