Author Topic: Left Insanity - Voter Photo ID is "racist"...but not in the other long list!  (Read 3872 times)

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
How many of those items are guaranteed rights of a citizen?

Photo ID is a ploy by the Republicans to prevent groups that tend to vote Democrat from voting. Many of these people belong to racial minorities.
That is the argument here. Not rental cars of hunting.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
How many of those items are guaranteed rights of a citizen?
All of them.

Photo ID is a ploy by the Republicans to prevent groups that tend to vote Democrat from voting. Many of these people belong to racial minorities.
That is the argument here. Not rental cars of hunting.
It does not seem to work , if that were ever the intent.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Which of course it isn't, and never was such an intent
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
It was the intent. There are tapes of Republicans discussing how to prevent minorities from voting and this was mantioned, and it has prevented people from voting.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  It has not.

When the rule came into effect in Georgia it probably chilled a lot of illegal voting effort but in Georgia a few thousand were prevented from voting because they could not produce ID. Probably because they had already used their real ID to vote  earlier that day.

But if there was one with the standing to sue, he has yet to sue.

This suggests several things.

Illegal voting is very common where ID is not demanded.

Illegal voting is mostly done by Democrats

Democrats know that Republicans are generally honorable and do not cheat.

Would it help if I were to pledge to vote for all of my ancestors , if the ID requirement were abolished?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Republicans cheat like bandits whenever they have half a chance.
They gerrymander the districts, they hire people to spread rumors so likely Democratic voters do not vote, and they cater to racists and bigots with crap about "Confederate Heritage".

Voter impersonation and double voting is extremely rare everywhere in this country,

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Republicans cheat like bandits whenever they have half a chance.
Let me read your mind.........No....You think that Republicans are so honorable that Democrats need never worry about Republicans double voting, even though it would presumably be easier for us .
They gerrymander the districts, they hire people to spread rumors so likely Democratic voters do not vote, and they cater to racists and bigots with crap about "Confederate Heritage".
That sounds a lot like the Democratic playbook for 1950, got any recent incidents that are actually connected to a party or person that I would recognize?

Voter impersonation and double voting is extremely rare everywhere in this country,

It is almost unknown for Republicans , but Democrats rely on it so much that they are willing to say that Democratic voters are too dumb to get themselves ID.

Must be hundreds of thousands of votes to be worth that.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:

It is almost unknown for Republicans , but Democrats rely on it so much that they are willing to say that Democratic voters are too dumb to get themselves ID.

Must be hundreds of thousands of votes to be worth that.

So true.  Who was that fella that was able to get an Eric Holder ballot, just to show how easy it was?
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:

So true.  Who was that fella that was able to get an Eric Holder ballot, just to show how easy it was?

I have not heard of this one.

Was it evidence of how it is happening , or evidence of how it could be happening?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
I do not believe any of this crap. It is all nonsense.

Peddle this shit elsewhere.

The FACT is that more people voted for Democratic Congressmen than Republicans, but there are more Republicans in the House, due to gerrymandering and Democrats being prevented from voting. In 2008, I had to wait FIVE HOURS to vote, thanks to Rick Scott fucking around with the early voting sites and hours.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  I had a really smarty pants answer , but I did a little research and found that Florida districts are complex.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florida's_18th_congressional_district
     https://www.govtrack.us/congress/members/FL

http://ballotpedia.org/Redistricting_in_Florida
In Florida, 22 elections for the United States House of Representatives were won by margins of victory of 20 percent or greater. The smallest margin of victory occurred in District 2, where Gwen Graham (D) won by 1.1 percent. Four representatives won by 100 percent margins of victory. The average margin of victory was 43.9 percent. See the table below for full details.

The upshot seems to be that the census has given Florida a new district almost every ten years since way back when , and redistricting is always an attempt to protect the incumbents of the party in power.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Floridians had a referendum on how we wanted districts to be better balanced and not gerrymandered, and it passed, and of course, the Republican'ts have resisted every attempt to put it into practice.

Florida is a prime example of Republican't legislators manipulating the elections to favor their dumbass party.,

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:

Florida is a prime example of Republican't legislators manipulating the elections to favor their dumbass party.,

A flaw that Democrats eschew like a plague?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
The evidence seems to indicate that the Republicans do this as a matter of course.
Perhaps there are Democrats that would LIKE to, but it works because the Republican model works better: people who vote Republican are financially stable, older, more often White, more often male and because they own their own homes, do not move around as much.

The circumstances of American demographics greatly favor the Republicans.
I fit the profile of a Republican voter, and I get crap from the GOP and right wing magazines all the time, even though I once sent the Reagan campaign a nicely wrapped brick with their free postage thing on it.

I will admit, that did get me off the Roger Ailes list.