Author Topic: Sow the wind then reap the whirlwind.  (Read 1366 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Sow the wind then reap the whirlwind.
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2016, 11:58:38 PM »
Dawson, the pastor of St. Luke’s Church outside Nashville, previously wrote on his church’s website that he was leading a “movement” to urge Congress to raise the federal minimum wage to $15 per hour.

What a kook.

News 2 learned just before 10 p.m. Monday that weapon was a pellet gun, possibly a BB gun, that resembled a real one.
http://wkrn.com/2016/03/28/capitol-police-order-shelter-in-place-after-report-of-shots/

Sow the wind?
Who exactly sowed what into the wind?

I used to own one of these realistic BB guns, If I ever find it I am tossing it out.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2016, 09:29:01 AM »
Second Amendment nuts make toting guns a proper thing to do.
Without the NRA, the idea of this fool toting his gun would not have occurred to him. He would be just another street lunatic.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2016, 01:34:17 PM »
2nd amendment nuts are nothing about everyone toting around their roscoes, as the supposed proper thing to do.  2nd amendment nuts are ALL about the freedom to tote or NOT tote, and the responsibility that comes with it.  THAT's the message of the NRA, and is in no way responsible for some idiot to act out, like this fella did, completely contrary to safe gun responsibility epitomized by the NRA
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2016, 01:45:13 PM »
Well, it has been decided that you have NO freedom to tote your roscoe to the GOP Convention, where they will waste a lot of time blathering abiout how you oughta tote it everywhere else.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2016, 02:28:48 PM »
Just as its been decided that I have no freedom to tote my roscoe into any school...or hospital...or Federal building.  And.......there's a point to that?

News flash, no one is advocating that we should be able to carry "everywhere" either
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2016, 08:05:32 PM »
Second Amendment nuts make toting guns a proper thing to do.
Without the NRA, the idea of this fool toting his gun would not have occurred to him. He would be just another street lunatic.

No , this guy broke a bunch of laws and abandoned good sense .

If the Second amendment did not exist and there were twice as many laws for him to break, would his situation be different?

Why?

Is it really better to have six laws against than three?

I don't think that the second amendment applies to threatening policemen with realistic replica weapons .

He could have put an eye out.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2016, 08:12:19 AM »
He would not have the gun, just as in Japan there are few attacks with guns, since nearly no one has one.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2016, 12:38:39 PM »
Why could he have not gotten a gun?  "nearly" no one, doesn't equate to "no one"

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2016, 10:11:09 PM »
He would not have the gun, just as in Japan there are few attacks with guns, since nearly no one has one.

Does not follow.

For one thing he attacked with a toy, not a real weapon.

For another, he is doing something that fewer than one in ten thousand does.

Are guns so rare in Japan that there is not one in ten thousand?

Are toy guns that rare in Japan?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2016, 10:21:01 PM »
I think toy guns that resemble real guns are very, very rare in Japan. They put a bright orange tip on the end of the barrel.  The local cops often do not carry guns
in Japan. But they are quite well versed in nightstick and  electric shocking things, so I hear.

The biggest disincentive is that use of a gun in a crime would be reported in the news and all the Takahashis (or Yakamuras, or whatever) would be disgraced.

Loss of face is a really, really big thing in Japan.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2016, 11:25:58 PM »
I think toy guns that resemble real guns are very, very rare in Japan. They put a bright orange tip on the end of the barrel.  The local cops often do not carry guns
in Japan. But they are quite well versed in nightstick and  electric shocking things, so I hear.

The biggest disincentive is that use of a gun in a crime would be reported in the news and all the Takahashis (or Yakamuras, or whatever) would be disgraced.

Loss of face is a really, really big thing in Japan.

So, the Japanese are not depending on the law?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2016, 12:15:33 AM »
I think toy guns that resemble real guns are very, very rare in Japan. They put a bright orange tip on the end of the barrel.

What you think, and what are, are 2 entirely different entities.  What stops someone from simply painting the end of a replica gun jet black??  Nor do we have an underlying culture here where shame has much of an effect, any longer.  In fact, it's now politically incorrect to try and shame bad/inappropriate behavior