Author Topic: Uh oh....NOT good. Bhutto Assasinated  (Read 22251 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Uh oh....NOT good. Bhutto Assasinated
« Reply #60 on: December 28, 2007, 02:16:09 PM »
Which of course, that bogus Bush bashing accusation has been demonstrated to be a falsehood as well.

Really?

Yea, really.  Following 911, the ties that were present, and Saddam's WMD disposition, IS the reason we went in, IN THE 1ST PLACE, AND HAS ALWAYS BEEN THE CASE, no "changing of stories", what-so ever.  The ties were in relation to the WMD's, as were the weapons factories intel had concluded were WMD related, as was the goal of getting rid of Saddam, as was the goal of ACCOMPLISHING said MISSION.  The spin that the anti-war and Anti-Bush crowd comes up with later, regarding "changing reasons" are simply why we're still there.  But why we went in has NEVER changed.  Did I mention, never?

"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Richpo64

« Reply #61 on: December 28, 2007, 02:41:02 PM »
>>But why we went in has NEVER changed.  Did I mention, never?<<

Why waste your time sirs. These people can no longer tell the difference between a lie and the truth. It's one of the symptoms of advanced BDS.

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: December 28, 2007, 02:45:05 PM »
Did I say using WMD's, et al for the excuse to invade? I did not.

The administration did say there were WMD's, ties to Al Qaeda, mobile chemical weapons factories, buying yellowcake from Nigeria (well, I didn't mention that one the first time around, but still...), et al, all of which have been refuted. As have the others I mentioned, up to the surge, and that remains to be seen yet.
"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: December 28, 2007, 02:48:05 PM »
I guess I "waste my time" Rich, because the optimist in me, says there are objective open minded folks out there, who may not post, but read these responses, and it's them that hopefully some deductive reasoning & logical common sense will follow their readings of these posts

Speaking of which, Merry Christmas to Miss Kim & Miss De, where ever they are.  I pray they're doing well       8)
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: December 28, 2007, 02:52:41 PM »
Did I say using WMD's, et al for the excuse to invade? I did not.  The administration did say there were WMD's, ties to Al Qaeda, mobile chemical weapons factories, buying yellowcake from Nigeria et al, all of which have been refuted.

Yea, and??  The INTEL said they did, with current British INTEL also continuing to support what Saddam was TRYING to do in obtaining yellowcake.  Following 911, and the intel we had, it would have been egregiously irresponsible for Bush NOT to have gone into both Afghanistan & Iraq. 

The point being that the WHY we went in has NEVER changed, unlike the continued efforts you and like minds keep falsely implying otherwise

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: December 28, 2007, 02:57:40 PM »
ea, and??  The INTEL said they did, with current British INTEL also continuing to support what Saddam was TRYING to do in obtaining yellowcake.  Following 911, and the intel we had, it would have been egregiously irresponsible for Bush NOT to have gone into both Afghanistan & Iraq.

The point being that the WHY we went in has NEVER changed, unlike the continued efforts you and like minds keep falsely implying otherwise

=============================================
9-q11 had absolute;ly NOTHING to do with Iraq. No Iraqis were involved in any way with 9-11.

Invading Iraq was the most boneheaded thing any US president has done, ever.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Richpo64

« Reply #66 on: December 28, 2007, 03:57:09 PM »
>>I guess I "waste my time" Rich, because the optimist in me, says there are objective open minded folks out there, who may not post, but read these responses, and it's them that hopefully some deductive reasoning & logical common sense will follow their readings of these posts<<

Feel free to dream.

_JS

• Salaires legers. Chars lourds.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: December 28, 2007, 04:22:12 PM »
Following 911, and the intel we had, it would have been egregiously irresponsible for Bush NOT to have gone into both Afghanistan & Iraq. 

It would have been irresponsible not to have invaded another country?
I smell something burning, hope it's just my brains.
They're only dropping peppermints and daisy-chains
   So stuff my nose with garlic
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster
   Tell me lies about Vietnam.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: December 28, 2007, 04:38:04 PM »
Following 911, and the intel we had, it would have been egregiously irresponsible for Bush NOT to have gone into both Afghanistan & Iraq. 

It would have been irresponsible not to deal with the grave potential of terrorists getting their hands on the WMD of a country who had ties with terrorists (so said the global intel).  When it got the point that the country's leader was not going to fully and completely abide by UN 1441, THEN, the last choice left, when all other diplomatic options failed, was to invade.  Sorry if that wasn't made more obvious

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: December 28, 2007, 04:41:48 PM »
ea, and??  The INTEL said they did, with current British INTEL also continuing to support what Saddam was TRYING to do in obtaining yellowcake.  Following 911, and the intel we had, it would have been egregiously irresponsible for Bush NOT to have gone into both Afghanistan & Iraq.

=============================================
9-q11 had absolute;ly NOTHING to do with Iraq. No Iraqis were involved in any way with 9-11.

Invading Iraq was the most boneheaded thing any US president has done, ever.

Do you really beleive that absent an attack like 9-11 there would have been political will to depose Saddam Hussein?

_JS

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #70 on: December 28, 2007, 04:44:54 PM »

It would have been irresponsible not to deal with the grave potential of terrorists getting their hands on the WMD of a country who had ties with terrorists (so said the global intel).  When it got the point that the country's leader was not going to fully and completely abide by UN 1441, THEN, the last choice left, when all other diplomatic options failed, was to invade.  Sorry if that wasn't made more obvious

The ties of Iraq to terrorists were very weak. As I recall Cheney tried to make that a strong point in selling the war, but it wasn't all that convincing.

Question, and a sincere one, if WMD were a major potential threat, why weren't our ground troops prepared for NBC combat during the invasion?
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #71 on: December 28, 2007, 04:51:37 PM »
The ties of Iraq to terrorists were very weak.

That's 1 opinion, that I obviously don't share

As I recall Cheney tried to make that a strong point in selling the war, but it wasn't all that convincing.

Again, if it's being taken in by someone(s) who's already predisposed to either this administration not being up front, not being ethical, not being truthful, that war should not have even been considered, then it's no wonder said "selling" wasn't going to be very convincing to folks like yourself

Question, and a sincere one, if WMD were a major potential threat, why weren't our ground troops prepared for NBC combat during the invasion?

NBC?  Prepared for network television?  Please clarify
« Last Edit: December 28, 2007, 07:17:25 PM by sirs »

_JS

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: December 28, 2007, 05:06:14 PM »
NBC = Nuclear, Biological, Chemical

Apologies for not being clear.
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #73 on: December 28, 2007, 05:10:59 PM »

I'm so glad we had saner leaders (and a more educated populace evidently) in the Cold War. 
USSR had lotta bombs, ya know. 
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

_JS

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #74 on: December 28, 2007, 05:17:20 PM »
I'm so glad we had saner leaders (and a more educated populace evidently) in the Cold War. 
USSR had lotta bombs, ya know. 

I think that's probably debatable Lanya.

Look at what the Soviets did in Hungary in 1956 and Prague in 1968. We cried, pissed, and moaned about it, but we attempted the same thing in Korea and Vietnam only in both cases we either had marginal success or completely failed and with a great deal more lives lost on both sides. I don't think we were any less anxious to impose our will in those days, it was just that the Soviets were lousy at public relations and we weren't a nation with a large middle class with a great deal to sacrifice for imperial ambition.
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster