Author Topic: I do believe this is a 1st in history-he better be guilty  (Read 590 times)

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
I do believe this is a 1st in history-he better be guilty
« on: June 15, 2010, 03:29:12 PM »
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2010/06/15/national/a103843D53.DTL&tsp=1

if found innocent it may cause some serious problems . that judge might even lose his career from this.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: I do believe this is a 1st in history-he better be guilty
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 04:35:22 PM »
The case certainly leaves some unanswered questions - - where was his lawyer B/4 he was executed?  The conviction was in 2000 and they are only NOW getting around to DNA tests on the hair? ? ? ? ?

Also, from the comments listed under the article:

<<Uh, why THIS guy? He was executed for a murder he committed in 1989, but *before* that..."1976, he was convicted of murder, robbery, and assault in Kansas and received a life sentence. >>

Again, the whole God-damn problem with the big deal that is made of capital punishment.

<<While in Kansas prison, Jones killed another inmate. >>

What's the theory here?  The inmate he killed was a real badass, so that cancels out the earlier murder of the robbery/assault victim and he was considered to have redeemed himself?

I understand that every accused deserves a scrupulously fair trial, and no matter how bad the guy might have been ( I just watched the remake of Cape Fear two nights ago, and I am thinking extreme bad at this point) there is no excuse for his not having received a fair trial, including DNA analysis of the hair.  That said, I don't envisage too many tears being shed if the guy turns out to have been wrongly convicted on his latest murder.