Author Topic: CNN - The Voice of the Bush Administration; We Just Saw the Unseen  (Read 3107 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: CNN - The Voice of the Bush Administration; We Just Saw the Unseen
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2007, 11:36:59 AM »
So, do you believe the Armenian killings were not genocide or not the fault of Turkey (as the Turkish claim) Sirs?

Don't know the specifics, but I sure did notice the timing.  As has already been highlighted, this resolution has been out there for quite a while.  Why now?  I think the answer to that is pretty transparent
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2007, 12:19:30 PM »
So, do you believe the Armenian killings were not genocide or not the fault of Turkey (as the Turkish claim) Sirs?

The turks and the US have been doing favors for each other for half a century.

A century ago the Turkish Policy twards Armenia was to smash and  assimilate it.

If there is a poet in Turkey, he will write a bill for their legislature to pass condemning the US for its treatment of Geronimo and the Apache.

It can be the truth and be the wrong thing to do too.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2007, 12:35:10 PM »

If there is a poet in Turkey, he will write a bill for their legislature to pass condemning the US for its treatment of Geronimo and the Apache.  It can be the truth and be the wrong thing to do too.

Well deduced, Plane.

*golf clap*
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

_JS

• Salaires legers. Chars lourds.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2007, 01:00:04 PM »

Don't know the specifics, but I sure did notice the timing.  As has already been highlighted, this resolution has been out there for quite a while.  Why now?  I think the answer to that is pretty transparent

I've already spoken about the timing.

Now answer my question.
I smell something burning, hope it's just my brains.
They're only dropping peppermints and daisy-chains
   So stuff my nose with garlic
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster
   Tell me lies about Vietnam.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2007, 01:10:15 PM »

I've already spoken about the timing.  Now answer my question.

Already have, and Plane has helped clarify the context even better

_JS

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2007, 01:23:56 PM »
So, why bother with Germany and the Holocaust?

Let's just tear down Dachau.
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2007, 02:00:47 PM »

Why bother with what??

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2007, 02:13:28 PM »
The Turks could just bite the bullet and say, Yes it was genocide, yes our ancestors were guilty as charged, yes it was a godawful crime and yes we are sorry.  What is the big fucking deal?  I don't care how rich some Armenians became in California, they're entitled to an apology and they're entitled to hear the Turks acknowledge their people's suffering.  I'm sick and tired of hearing how "proud" and "angry" the Turks are about all this, their country was in the wrong and this is as good a time as any to make amends.  Anything less than that is a fucking insult.
=================================================================

That would actually be a proper thing to do. But the condemnation should have been back in the Wilson or Harding Administration. It wasn't, because the word 'genocide' did not actually exist. The Hebrews were ordered by YHWH to do a genocidal slaughter of the Malekites, as I recall, even massacring their children, sheep and poultry.

So the resolution should have been done in the Truman administration, but it wasn't, because this is about campaign donations, mostly in California. The Armenians were poor in 1920 and only middle class in 1947. Now several are immensely wealthy. And it's campaign donation time.

So this is the right thing to do, but at the wrong time (from the standpoint of the Iraq War) and for the wrong reason.

Juniorbush knew that conquering Iraq would cause problems with the Turks. Another reason the invasion was so stupid.

Perhaps we should let the Turks condemn us for the genocide of the Arapaho at Sand Creek and the Nez Perce Chief Joseph Long March. Hardly as many died as Armenians, but it's the thought that counts.

The only dead Injun is a dead Injun= the only dead Armenian is a dead Armenian.

====================================
I think Dachau was torn down long ago, as were most of the death camps. The exception was Auschwitz, the biggest, which was saved for what could be called  symbolic purposes.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2007, 10:53:59 PM »
http://www.dalailama.com/news.htm

On a simular ,but more current ,ethnic rpression problem Congress honors the Dali Lama and President Bush concurrs.

_JS

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2007, 09:40:52 AM »

Why bother with what??

Why did we bother teaching the Germans about the Holocaust? Would you care if Germany decided to bulldoze Dachau and other camps and sold them for development? Why do we bother teaching about the Holocaust in history classes?

Why don't we just say "F*** it. It was a long time ago and almost all the people are dead anyway. Who really cares?"

I mean, you don't give a shit about the Armenians, so why bother?
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2007, 11:23:57 AM »

Why bother with what??

Why did we bother teaching the Germans about the Holocaust?

What??  We have american teachers in Germany teaching them about the Holocaust??  You're not making any sense, Js.  The Holocaust is out there for all to see.  No one is claiming it didn't happen or that Germany wasn't responsible.....except of course for die hard anti-semites

I mean, you don't give a shit about the Armenians, so why bother?

Yea, right, whatever you say Js         ::)