Author Topic: Bin Laden paid $5000 for 17 year old bride  (Read 970 times)

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Bin Laden paid $5000 for 17 year old bride
« on: May 16, 2011, 10:41:59 AM »

BIN LADEN:
YEMENI SHEIK TELLS HOW HE FOUND HIS WIFE

11 May , 14:54

(ANSAmed) - ROME, MAY 11 - A Yemeni Sheikh with links to Al Qaeda, Rashad Mohammed Said Ismael, has told the British daily the Guardian about how in 1999 he found a wife for Osama Bin Laden. At the time, Osama asked Said to find him a wife and the sheikh found Amal Ahmed Al-Sadah in Yemen who was 17 years old at the time. Her family was paid 5,000 dollars and the wedding took place in Kandahar, Afghanistan, in 2000. Today the 29-year-old Amal is being held in custody in Pakistan after the raid in Abbottabad. Rashad told about how in 1999 Bin Laden (even at the time one of the world's most wanted men) called from Afghanistan, asking him to find him a girl to marry. In Osama's words, his fifth wife had to be ''devoutly religious, obedient, young (preferably between the ages of 16 and 18), well-mannered, from a good family, and above all patient. She must put up with my exceptional situation.''. Rashad found the right girl in 17-year-old Amal Ahmed Al-Sadad, daughter of a state employee and his former student.

The sheikh went to the girl's house and proposed the marriage, explaining to her all the inconveniences which could have resulted for her from living with a man being hunted. In any case, she agreed and her family received 5,000 dollars from the terrorist. Amal, her older brother and the sheikh then left for Pakistan, from which Bin Laden took her to Afghanistan. The wedding was held in Kandahar in Yemeni style. Amal gave Osama a daughter and over the past few years had been living in the Abbottabad house along with the Al Qaeda leader's two Saudi wives. In the raid by the Navy Seals she suffered an injury to her leg. Rashad would now like to bring her back to Yemen. (ANSAmed).

http://www.ansamed.info/en/news/ME.XEF14638.html
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Bin Laden paid $5000 for 17 year old bride
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2011, 11:27:13 AM »
I wonder what sort of life insurance bin Laden might have had.

I am thinking none.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2011, 01:35:38 PM »
romance is not dead

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2011, 02:17:52 PM »
If she is his fifth wife, he must have divorced at least one. Muslims are limited to only four.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2011, 02:20:29 PM »
maybe the rule are not that strict about it for some folks.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2011, 02:24:02 PM »
The rule is quite strict, as I understand it, but divorce is a cinch. You say "I divorce you" three times.