Author Topic: Those evil rich people! Romney such a jerk, donating 30% of income to charity!  (Read 826 times)

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
TALK & COMMUNITY ORGANIZING IS CHEAP!

Generosity:
"The Romneys donated $4,020,772 to charity in 2011,
amounting to nearly 30% of their income
."

http://www.mittromney.com/blogs/mitts-view/2012/09/note-trustee-brad-malt

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
   No wonder he was reluctant to let this out.

Panhandlers are gonna sing songs about him.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
It looks like Rawmoney is about to get devoured by that eagle.

After his Fatcat Frolic in Boca Raton, he's dead meat. The next Bobdole, except less heroic.

We have yet to hear from a single French Mormon convert from the days he was off in France pestering Parisians with tales of sacred underwear and Injun Jews with golden tablets. We probably lost in Vietnam because young Willard was not defending free speech in Da Nang.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
After his Fatcat Frolic in Boca Raton, he's dead meat. The next Bobdole, except less heroic.

I don't see how that hurts him. He made a percentage play. 53% for 47%. It's not like he is pandering to groups based on race, ethnicity, or sexual preference, offering pie in the sky promises he will never deliver upon in exchange for their votes.

If the remark was so deadly why is he tied with Obama in the polls?

You assertions do not make sense.

Then this:
We probably lost in Vietnam because young Willard was not defending free speech in Da Nang.

Tell us what you did during that war.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
I am not running for president.

I protested the war rather mildly by attending a couple of teach-ins during the Cambodia Moratorium.

I failed an Army physical in 1960, and when the government asked me to report for another, I was in Mexico. I received their letter to report in March in May, because they did not send it airmail. I told them everything about the physical I failed in 1960 and they never bothered me again.

Romney was all for the war. but failed to attend. I was against it, and also did not attend. Note that I am not running for president.

It was a stupid, unwinnable war. Had I been called, I would have headed to Canada.

I still wonder how many, if any, converts Mitt made to Mormonism in Gay Paree. My guess is that it is about as hard to sell Frenchmen on Mormonism as it would be to sell rednecks on stock in the bin Laden Construction Co.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Romney was all for the war. but failed to attend.

Where do you get that? I believe his sentiment was that he often wished he had gone. Well he didn't. Neither did I. Blame that on the military decision makers. You go where they tell you.

And yeah i have often wondered what turns life would have taken if i had taken point on a patrol.

What if pondering. No big deal. No indictment of the man.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Note that my original comment was about how successful Romney was at converting Frenchmen to Mormonism.

I am sure that it would teach someone to deal with rejection. Nothing like having a hundred doors slammed in your face by people who think you are some sort of foreign loonie tune.