Author Topic: The New Old German Problem  (Read 3481 times)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: The New Old German Problem
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2010, 05:08:55 PM »
<<Worse at fudging the books.>>

Come on.  Books are fudged by communists, capitalists, fascists, fundamentalist preachers, stockbrokers, you name it.  Who's better or worse at it is anyone's guess.  I suppose in any kind of authoritarian system, it could get pretty unhealthy for anyone nosing into the books, but then again, who'd care?  The guy would never find an outlet in the state-controlled media.

<<There is a real problem with Incest , and a problem with closed systems.>>

Yep.

<<You notice it as the children of Communists being less comitted than their fathers , I notice it as reality creeping into the picture.>>

The fathers put their lives on the line for the Revolution and the kids didn't have to.  It's harder to fake devotion to the cause when it might cost you your life, the kids were the spoiled brats who were never tested in the struggle.

<<There was never any hope that Communism would escape its fate . . . >>

There was always hope, that was what the Communist martyrs died for.

<< . . .  except that it change its basic nature and stop being a monopoly of everything. >>

Except that it adapt to change and still manage to stay true to the spirit of its original principles.  I know, easier said than done.

<<The US had a period of monopolistic trusts which ended in an era of public disgust and anti trust legislation, we are near a simular phenominon where we are learning again that we should avoid haveing business too big to fail.>>

You aren't learning shit.  The proposal to break up financial institutions over certain size criteria was just shot down a day or two ago.  I'm betting a gallon of gas will cost about the same in any service station in your area.  If Shell is a penny higher today, it will be Exxon that is a penny higher next week or the week after.  It's a giant shell game (no  pun intended) and the myth of "competition" and "market forces" as far as the consumer is concerned is pure BS.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: The New Old German Problem
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2010, 11:08:05 PM »
You aren't learning shit.  The proposal to break up financial institutions over certain size criteria was just shot down a day or two ago.  I'm betting a gallon of gas will cost about the same in any service station in your area.  If Shell is a penny higher today, it will be Exxon that is a penny higher next week or the week after.  It's a giant shell game (no  pun intended) and the myth of "competition" and "market forces" as far as the consumer is concerned is pure BS.

Yet you favor an uncorrectable monopoly?