Author Topic: I saw three speaches today  (Read 1228 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
I saw three speaches today
« on: June 04, 2008, 01:04:56 AM »
McCain was pretty good and I liked his fact set best.

But his criticisms of Obama seem snippy , most of the speech seemed dry.

Hillary was more impassioned , her victory speech roused the croud.
But ,...a victory speech?

Barak Obama gave the best sounding speech , it had some queationable facts in it put the sound of it was purely poetry .

Being eleoquent counts. You don't need to make sense if you can make it sound good instead.

Barak Obama wins this three way competion , McCain needs to hire better speach writer.

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
« Last Edit: June 04, 2008, 05:22:00 PM by Plane »

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: I aw three speaches today
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2008, 01:33:55 AM »
I saw one speech.  Obama's.  He's gonna wipe the floor with McCain.  McCain is tired and old.  There is no speech writer in the country who can change that fact.  People want real change.  No speechwriter can change that either.  Obama probably can't or won't deliver real change, but he speaks with a dynamism that doesn't depend on speechwriters.  It's in his voice, it's in his body language.  No speechwriter can put that into a tired old man and make it work.  So with Obama, people believe, not that he will bring change, but that he MIGHT bring change.  The audacity of hope.  With McCain, voice and body language tell you that you aren't gonna get much of anything from him.  Except, of course, more war.

Obama got one of his biggest rounds of applause when he ridiculed McCain for his boasts about the number of trips he's taken to Iraq, suggesting he should take some trips to America.  Maybe a good speechwriter could give McCain a line to deal with that little zinger.  He's definitely gonna need one.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2008, 06:02:50 AM »
Obama promised everything , he even promised to have more employment.

The Bush term so far has set records for full employment , so promiseing even better is just talk.

It is beautifull talk , but that is about the size of it.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2008, 07:37:33 AM »
The Bush term so far has set records for full employment , so promiseing even better is just talk.

========================================================
Once the US is not pissing away millions a day on the unwinnable Iraq War, the size should change.
The US still has no energy policy. The government does not even promote conservation. They have a huge tariff on Brazilian ethanol, which is eco-friendly and could make a huge difference. There are few to no incentives for developing renewable sources. Juniorbush has pronounced the words "switchgrass" a dozen times, but nothing has been done in seven years.

The government refuses to negotiate prices for Rx drugs with Big Pharma. Some of their drugs cost over $10.00 for one stupid pill.

McCain will do nothing serious about energy. His balls will remain in the pocket of Big Oil if he is elected. There will be no medical care plan. Fatcats will continue to get fatter as the middle class vanishes.

More Alitos, Scalias and Thomases will be appointed to the Supreme Court.

Last time, stupid people voted for Big Oil's best buddies to the White House.
Oh, look! Gasoline is over $4.00 a gallon! What a coincidence!

Now the same stupid party wants to elect a military man.
Hmmm. What would a military man do?  Hmmm.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2008, 08:21:10 AM »
They have a huge tariff on Brazilian ethanol, which is eco-friendly and could make a huge difference.

I guess you have to define "eco-friendly" as it's used here. Burning it puts CO2 into the atmosphere.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2008, 09:53:14 AM »
Obama promised everything , he even promised to have more employment.

===============================================================

What is "full employment" anyway?  More people slaving in McJobs when all the good jobs have gone overseas.  I heard Obama talk to people who were crippled by Bush's economic policy, homes foreclosed, jobs gone, education unavailable and I heard it on a gut level.  People can understand that kind of talk.

You and McCain want to throw numbers at them to tell them how good they have it?  That's how I hope you'll respond.  People know bullshit when they hear it, and the last thing anyone wants to hear when they're in pain is "You never had it so good."  But that's the kind of never-never land the snake-oil salesmen of the Bush regime are still trying to peddle.  One of the best commercials I've seen so far from the Democrats has McCain saying in different ways how wonderful things are, and after each asinine assertion, a voice-over and text appears, "3 million jobs lost" [I'm sure I didn't get the right numbers here, I'm just trying to reproduce the tone of the ad] "4 million homes foreclosed,"  "47 million Americans without any health insurance," etc.  In other words, for every cheery little twitter out of McSame's mouth, a stark, contradictory factual rejoinder of economic gloom and doom.  And it really resonated.  Anyone watching it would instantly realize, McCain is (a) lying and (b) totally out of touch because the lie is so blatant that any American would recognize it as such.

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2008, 03:52:03 PM »
I have post about the whole thing last night at my site.

http://www.brassmask.com/news.php

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2008, 05:29:31 PM »
I have post about the whole thing last night at my site.

http://www.brassmask.com/news.php

"....epitomize the Substance brand of politics ..."

Really?

I don't see the substance ,   is a there a there,there?

I prefer MT's observation that there is a usefull ambiguity there.

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: I saw three speaches today
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2008, 09:52:06 PM »
What do you want, Plane?  White papers?  Did you hear his speech last night?  The knows what he wants to do.

Sorry if you don't see it.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2008, 10:30:06 PM »
The knows what he wants to do.

And he's gonna make sure it gets applied fairly across all 57 states.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2008, 11:34:00 PM »
What do you want, Plane?  White papers?  Did you hear his speech last night?  The knows what he wants to do.

Sorry if you don't see it.

You are passing up an oppurtunity to talk about the substance of Barak Obama's proposals?

Perhaps you havnt seen any either?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2008, 01:00:23 AM »

:D
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2008, 02:48:08 AM »

Yeah.  And aren't all middle easterners Muslims rather than, whud you call'em?  Sooneys and Shee-ites?

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2008, 08:30:40 AM »
Yeah.  And aren't all middle easterners Muslims rather than, whud you call'em?  Sooneys and Shee-ites?

Actually, there are quite a few Christians running around the Middle East as well.

And it's pronounced "Mooslims".

;-)

(Hey, I'm not the one claiming a person is moron because they make mistakes while speaking...)