Author Topic: Kramer has been suspended for a week  (Read 8473 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Kramer has been suspended for a week
« Reply #60 on: November 10, 2011, 01:12:22 PM »
I am not talking about what people BELIEVE. There may be live after death, in Heaven or reincarnation. But no one actually comes back from the dead (other than what was written 75 years after Jesus died, at least).

You are free to believe that you will get your body back, ascend to heaven, live forever, singing in the Choir Celestial for all eternity, and that you will, really, really enjoy it. If you assume that it all happens as mentioned in Revelation, one of the most famous nutty things ever written, until you are dead and Jesus returns after an unspecified time, you won't know.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

BSB

« Reply #61 on: November 10, 2011, 08:05:51 PM »
Well, of course boxing should be banned. Whatever municipality is involved has to license the event. We don't license dog fights, or cock fights, and it won't be long, a few decades or less, before we stop licensing boxing matches.

Football is in trouble because as we learn more and more about the brain we realize the danger of the effects the kinds of blows the brain takes during contests like football. How that is countered is being considered right now. Pro football has move in the direction of increasing penalties for shots to the head. Helmets, and other equipment changes, are ongoing. In years to come we may decide that the game will have to be altered too drastically to save it in any form resembling how it is now played. I hope not. I loved football. I liked the combination of working as a team, and the individual effort it allows for. Great sport, but it's in trouble. 

Life after death? Ha, ha, I mean look at the words. Life after death. I'm sorry but there isn't a dollop of >REAL< evidence to indicate that death is anything but the end.

You know, the older I get the more I realize how unrealistic people are. And not only that, but how poorly that impacts on the quality of our lives. I see it over and over again with friends of mine. I have friends, my age, who haven't prepared for the hurtles that aging presents. I point this out to them and they just continue along ignoring life's realities. It's a shame. I have a friend that I dated over 40 years ago. She lost her husband a few years ago and we ran into each other 6-8 months ago. But our relationship, which could have been very beneficial to the both of us, has been ruined by her inability to look herself in the eye. She just can't do it.

BSB

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: November 10, 2011, 08:22:33 PM »
  Does she realy need to look herself in the eye , or do you need her to?

BSB

« Reply #63 on: November 10, 2011, 09:00:26 PM »
Who wasn't looking themselves in the eye plane, you, your wife, or both of you? Or haven't you looked yourself in the eye long enough and hard enough to figure that out?

BSB

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: November 10, 2011, 09:04:18 PM »
Why are we asking each other questions as if they might be answered with answers when we know  more questions are more likly?

BSB

« Reply #65 on: November 10, 2011, 09:24:34 PM »
You wanted more information from me without paying for it. It's a two street.

BSB

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: November 10, 2011, 10:48:10 PM »
  So are questions still cheap?

Only answers are expensive?

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: November 10, 2011, 11:14:12 PM »
I have friends, my age, who haven't prepared for the hurtles that aging presents. I point this out to them and they just continue along ignoring life's realities. It's a shame. I have a friend that I dated over 40 years ago. She lost her husband a few years ago and we ran into each other 6-8 months ago. But our relationship, which could have been very beneficial to the both of us, has been ruined by her inability to look herself in the eye. She just can't do it. BSB

BSB what does this mean?...............can you elaborate?
"haven't prepared for the hurtles that aging presents"?
"ruined by her inability to look herself in the eye"?
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: November 10, 2011, 11:18:55 PM »
Plane, can we end Kramer's suspension now? The person he made a joke about is seemingly fine. He doesn't look affected by the joke. He is starting a lot of threads and is involved in a lot of discussions. Kramer has been publicly shamed. This thread has a lot of views. Everybody here knows what happened. BSB suffered no consequences for using the N word. Let's bring The Kramer back!

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: November 10, 2011, 11:30:48 PM »
As far as I am concerned your opinion is just as valuable as mine.

Just that I was irritated with K didn't get him penalty box time.

Kramers opinion has a value too.

Do we or don't we want an Umpire ?

Is there a consensus to reach?

I think we have already lost some members that just didn't like the incivility.

Civility is considered  optional?

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #70 on: November 10, 2011, 11:43:18 PM »
I would like to see Kramer's take on last night's debate or on Cain's great speech. I think umpiring was done and the point was made. Three days is enough, isn't it? I was offended by the use of the N word, but I just have to live with it.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #71 on: November 11, 2011, 12:54:59 AM »
<<Do we or don't we want an Umpire ?>>

Umpiring is a tough job.  The wrong call was made on Kramer, that's for sure.  He was amply provoked but then BSB says that the provocation was provoked.  Where does it end?  Why should the umpire or anyone else get involved in what is essentially two members' quarrel?  King Solomon probably couldn't get to the bottom of it.  We're all adults here, and the maxim "If you can't stand the heat . . . " should apply.

<<Is there a consensus to reach?>>

Well, God knows, you've tried.  If anyone can make a table in this format, I suggest anyone who wants to try to get a consensus just post a table with a row for each active posting member and a box in the row for suggestions on the need for an umpire.  IMHO the Ump's latest call on Kramer is a good indication of why we DON'T need an Ump.

<<I think we have already lost some members that just didn't like the incivility.>>

Fuck 'em if they can't stand the heat.

<< Civility is considered  optional? >>

Civility should be an ideal we all strive for, but since we're only human, some of us more so than others . . .

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: November 11, 2011, 08:01:12 AM »
Kramer is a nasty creep. He offers nothing but insults and nonsense.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #73 on: November 11, 2011, 10:23:26 AM »
As Sirs might say, Oh the irony.

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #74 on: November 11, 2011, 10:37:27 AM »

<<I think we have already lost some members that just didn't like the incivility.>>

Fuck 'em if they can't stand the heat.

Look back to the members we had a few years ago, then look at the dozen or so regular members you have now. I'd bet it's just this attitude that has cost so many members over the years. But that's okay, if you want to limit it to a dozen or so members sitting around hurling personal insuts at each other rather than civilly discussing the issues, well, it's your forum. Or BT's. Long as he's happy with it...
"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016