Author Topic: Warner Robbins AFB  (Read 1142 times)

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Warner Robbins AFB
« on: September 21, 2011, 12:27:08 AM »
Hey Plane I heard today that Warner Robbins AFB has some serious issues with heavy metal hazardous materials and some toxic waste problems. Plane what do you know about that?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Warner Robbins AFB
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2011, 10:33:04 PM »
It is true.

Last year I grew a foot.

Now I can run faster but it is difficult to find three legged pants.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2011, 10:47:25 PM »
http://sellingwarnerrobins.com/2011/02/things-to-do-in-warner-robins-ga-go-fishing-on-robins-air-force-base/

http://www.epa.gov/region4/waste/npl/nplga/robinsga.htm

Cleanup Progress
Overview

Between 1991 and 1998, cleanup activities at the Robins AFB site included construction for surface water run-on controls and leachate collection, treatment of the Sludge Lagoon using soil vapor extraction, and installation of an impermeable cap for Landfill Number 4 and the Sludge Lagoon. In 2002, the cleanup of the wetlands and surface waters (OU-2) was transferred to Georgia EPD's RCRA Corrective Action Program after determining that the landfill and lagoon did not contribute to contamination of these areas. Other cleanup actions specific to each OU are discussed in more detail below.

Landfill Number 4 and the Sludge Lagoon (OU-1)

Cleanup activities at Landfill Number 4 and the Sludge Lagoon began in 1991and included the installation of an impermeable cap for both areas. In addition, surface water run-on controls were constructed and leachate collection occurred. The Sludge Lagoon was also treated with soil vapor extraction and solidification. These cleanup activities were completed in 1998.

Neighboring Wetlands and Surface Waters Impacted by Landfill Number 4 and the Sludge Lagoon (OU-2)

Cleanup activities for the neighboring wetlands and surface waters impacted by the Sludge Lagoon began in 1994 and were completed in 1999. In 2002, it was determined that Landfill Number 4 and the Sludge Lagoon had not contributed to the wetlands contamination; wetlands and surface water cleanup was consequently transferred to Georgia EPD’s RCRA Corrective Action Program.

Ground Water (OU-3)

In 1997, a pump-and-treat system was installed at Landfill Number 4 to restore the ground water at the site. This system has operated continuously from 1997 and continues to operate today.

Conclusion

Five-Year Reviews were completed for the Robins AFB site in 2001 and 2006. The 2006 Five-Year Review found the remedy at the Robins AFB site to be protective of human health and the environment.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2011, 11:05:44 PM »
When exposed to heavy metals & other hazmat what products do you use to remove the hazard from your body? Would one product be made by a company called Hygenall?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2011, 12:03:26 AM »
When exposed to heavy metals & other hazmat what products do you use to remove the hazard from your body? Would one product be made by a company called Hygenall?
http://www.hygenall.com/
   I havent heard of that.

Far better to never ingest the stuff.

Don't eat the fish from the Ocmulgee.

http://www.gpb.org/news/2011/04/21/macon-site-may-join-superfund-list

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2011, 12:21:26 AM »
It is true.

Last year I grew a foot.

Now I can run faster but it is difficult to find three legged pants.

Do you hit your head now when entering a car?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2011, 11:18:15 PM »