Author Topic: Collective Bargaining  (Read 12038 times)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: Collective Bargaining
« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2011, 07:52:42 PM »
Guess the right isn't smart enough to do the same thing. I mean it isn't a mystery how these guys operate.

I dunno BT.....before you go hammering the Right again
I would say over the last year the Right (Tea Party) has kicked
every single ass as far as protests/large gatherings go in the United States!
 :D

Good to know. Then since they know how to organize, and how to counter protest, all they have to do now is explain why they think it is the right time to revisit pay and benefit packages for employees of government agencies instead of playing the blame and demonize game.

If their logic is sound, i trust the american people to support them.

And i don't believe i was hammering the right.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #46 on: February 18, 2011, 07:55:10 PM »
Guess the right isn't smart enough to do the same thing. I mean it isn't a mystery how these guys operate.

I dunno BT.....before you go hammering the Right again
I would say over the last year the Right (Tea Party) has kicked
every single ass as far as protests/large gatherings go in the United States!

:D

And keep in mind C, at the center of how the left is "operating", that Bt seems to believe the right needs to do as well, is buy off politicians, or in this case, an entire party, with the MSM also in their back pocket
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: February 18, 2011, 08:00:30 PM »
No one is asking them to.  Even though this really isn't the issue either, as I asked Xo, where in the constitution is there a "right" to have a union?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_association

brought to you by the same folks who say money equals speech.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: February 18, 2011, 08:01:55 PM »
And keep in mind C, at the center of how the left is "operating", that Bt seems to believe the right needs to do as well, is buy off politicians, or in this case, an entire party, with the MSM also in their back pocket

Please show me where i said the right should break the law.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: February 18, 2011, 08:05:14 PM »
You claimed that the right needs to do what the left is doing.  The left has won these ridiculously lucrative pension plans and perks, by both dishonestly claiming there'd be no increase burden to the tax payers, and simply buying off Democrats and their majorities to push them thru to the governor

That's how they've been operating that isn't a mystery.  You appear to be implying how the right needs to get in their and play like the left
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2011, 08:06:22 PM »
Because their leadership, and those that support their leadership doing what they've done, (which translates into those responsible, and not merely any and every union member) which pretty much is buying the Democrat party, to do their bidding at the expense of the taxpayers.

Are you saying that unless Plane turns down the pay and benefits offered he is cahoots with the union leadership that negotiated that pay and those benefits?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2011, 08:08:29 PM »
No one is asking them to.  Even though this really isn't the issue either, as I asked Xo, where in the constitution is there a "right" to have a union?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_association

brought to you by the same folks who say money equals speech.

Looks like an apples (freedom to organize) & oranges (right to a union) attempt.  But cudos on the rationalization effort. 

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: February 18, 2011, 08:10:22 PM »
You claimed that the right needs to do what the left is doing.  The left has won these ridiculously lucrative pension plans and perks, by both dishonestly claiming there'd be no increase burden to the tax payers, and simply buying off Democrats and their majorities to push them thru to the governor

That's how they've been operating that isn't a mystery.  You appear to be implying how the right needs to get in their and play like the left

yes i did because it was  claimed that the unions were busing in protesters to Wisconsin. Nowhere did i say that the right should bribe politicians.

Way to keep it honest.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: February 18, 2011, 08:12:04 PM »
Looks like an apples (freedom to organize) & oranges (right to a union) attempt.

Please parse the difference. This should be amusing.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: February 18, 2011, 08:18:11 PM »
Because their leadership, and those that support their leadership doing what they've done, (which translates into those responsible, and not merely any and every union member) which pretty much is buying the Democrat party, to do their bidding at the expense of the taxpayers.

Are you saying that unless Plane turns down the pay and benefits offered he is cahoots with the union leadership that negotiated that pay and those benefits?

No YOU are, with this 2nd misrpresentation effort.  I've asked you once....STOP.  Do it again, we're done with this.  I'm not going to put up with that garbage of yours.  I made it clear to what "cahoots" would entail...(support to buy off Democrat politicans, & dishonestly pass off huge pension plans as no burden to tax payers)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: February 18, 2011, 08:29:14 PM »

yes i did because it was claimed that the unions were busing in protesters to Wisconsin. Nowhere did i say that the right should bribe politicians.

But the issue really isn't protesting.  Never has been.  It's just a sideshow. 

You still haven't answered the question.  What do YOU think the issue is??  Not what sirs thinks or Cu4 thinks.  What do YOU think the issue is?

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: February 18, 2011, 08:30:45 PM »
Why can't unions support candidates they like? You allude to bribes but i don't recall any cases lately of that, so you must be referring to contributions. Money = speech. whatcha gonna do?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: February 18, 2011, 08:35:32 PM »
You're catching on.......to how they (the unions & democrats) "operate"

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: February 18, 2011, 08:36:13 PM »
You still haven't answered the question.  What do YOU think the issue is??  Not what sirs thinks or Cu4 thinks.  What do YOU think the issue is?

Sure I did

asked and answered

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: February 18, 2011, 08:38:45 PM »
You're catching on.......to how they (the unions & democrats) "operate"

You are a big supporter of money=speech and certainly dem money spends as well as gop money so why the problem with how the unions achieve their goals? Seems you are being inconsistent, demonizing one group of contributors but not the other.